Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

new 1/5 rally

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2014, 06:53 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default new 1/5 rally

since there is going to be a gas and brushless version, I am fairly certain this is based on the redcat chimera pro sand rail.
Still, I think they did a nice job on the body.
only one pic is up on their site, due out end of july.
I have wondered for some time why they stopped selling the rampage rally that had the Subaru body.
Id be tempted to buy one and slap onroad tires on it. Id think it could be fun on/off road.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	RCR%20cutout%20XR.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	1999268  
Old 05-28-2014, 08:59 AM
pcarluvr

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw that Red Cat got Ford licencing for a Rally body...Is this it? If they are getting official licences, look out world!
Old 05-28-2014, 01:33 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Originally Posted by pcarluvr
I saw that Red Cat got Ford licencing for a Rally body...Is this it? If they are getting official licences, look out world!
Im not sure if this body is licened, but it does look a lot like the focus(or fiesta) rally car.

They have started with liseced bodies tho...the pagani onroad car and soon there will be MBL logo nascar trucks. And then there is the ground pounder and amsoil bodies as well. So I would not be too surprised of the rally car is a legit ford body.
Old 05-28-2014, 03:15 PM
Lars from Norway

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like the Fiesta, but i can't find detailed pics of it, only pics, lol! Looks cool, but the wheels looks a bit too big for my liking.
Old 05-28-2014, 05:28 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Originally Posted by Lars from Norway
Looks like the Fiesta, but i can't find detailed pics of it, only pics, lol! Looks cool, but the wheels looks a bit too big for my liking.
when they put stuff up on their site before they actually get them in stock, there is usually only 1 photo. Will have to wait until the get the actual product in stock to see more pics of it.
It is hard to tell for sure, but it looks like the wheels are barrowed right from the Chimera, which would make sense seeing how both have the same price and both are offered in either a gas or EP version.

I doubt I will be able to afford one (unless a relative dies and leaves me some money I didn't know they had) but I could likely afford just the body and build my own 1/5 onroad car to put under it
Old 01-22-2015, 02:41 PM
ebomb
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looking to buy a electric ver. rally, what is everybody thoughts on this car that have one?
Old 01-22-2015, 03:54 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Originally Posted by ebomb
looking to buy a electric ver. rally, what is everybody thoughts on this car that have one?
id suggest looking in the giant scale forum. I know there are owners of other redcat 1/5 models there...maybe some who own the rally version.

I know with the gassers, many owners upgrade the radio and the steering servo. I don't think it is because the stock ones are "bad" but because they want higher performance ones.

I know I would love to own the electric version. I like cars...but 1/10 scale cars are not that much fun to drive. small pebbles or a sand on the pavement and they spin out or bounce all over the place. But a 20 pound, 1/5 scale brushless car with a bit of suspension travel can drive on many different surfaces. I have watched a few youtube vids and these cars are fast. One video showed a modded redcat rally on 8s...it hit over 70mph.