Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

servos

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2003, 10:52 PM
caca4u

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default servos

any one know what servos are compatible with my mx3 radio but not two expensive i need some for my fg sportsline but dont know what to get or where to find them. any suggestions or cites would be appriciated
Old 10-15-2003, 05:48 AM
drevil
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: servos

The mx3 is the same radio i'm using on my 1/6 scale buggy. Its a standard Fm radio so you can use just about any regular servo.
For throttle/brake i'm using a standard futaba 3003 servo. I wasnt sure if that would be enough power for the brakes but since the buggy brakes are crap to begin with (rear only) a stronger servo would only make them lock up quicker.
As for the steering servo i started out with a Hitec 1/4 scale servo that broke after about 30 minutes of using it. Then i upgraded to a Hitec 1/4 scale digital metal gear servo which has works great ever since! Sorry i dont have any part numbers but if you look on towerhobbies.com you'll see what ones i'm talking about (i believe hitec only sells two 1/4 scale servos)

I hope that helps
Feel free to ask more if not.
Mike
Old 10-15-2003, 07:25 PM
caca4u

thanks ill check it out
Old 10-15-2003, 10:53 PM
drevil

I looked it up and it turns out its the Hitec 5735MG servo.
Old 10-15-2003, 11:41 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dr Evil,

Can't you upgrade your buggy to add front brakes? I have them on my FG and they run off of the third channel applying slightly after the rear brakes.
Old 10-16-2003, 01:03 AM
drevil

Yes you can upgrade to front brakes on the FG marder. I was talking about how crappy the stock rear only brakes are. If you are going to be upgrading the car to front brakes then you'd definately want to go with a hi torque standard size servo.
Mike