Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Another lamb to the slaughter!!! LOL

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Another lamb to the slaughter!!! LOL

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 03:32 PM
richardneail

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another lamb to the slaughter!!! LOL

Hi everyone,

Well I finally did it today I ordered my Mclaren GTR car with a sportsline 04 chassis from King cobra, just got to twiddle my thumbs now until I can get up there on the 18th to collect it.

Decided to have a few extras while I was getting it too, alloy gear set, tuned exhaust, front brakes, anti-roll bars, air filter and front alloy uprights. All in all with the radio gear it comes to about a £1000 which I don't think is too bad at all.

I have also managed to get my hands on a nice piece of 5mm thick titanium which I think will be big enough to replace the alu chassis plate on the car this should be lighter and a lot stronger.

Will just have to busy myself with deciding on a paint job, was thinking of doing it in the Gulf race colours and getting some custom decals done.

Also thinking about getting the passat V8 shell for it and having a nice custom paint job done, I really wanted the new Porsche Carrera GT shell ( the one on page 92 of the 04 FG catalog) but it isn't out yet

While I am putting on only my second post I would just like to say what a great forum this is, lots of interesting and intelligent stuff to read which is very informative, hopefully once I get my car I can contribute a bit more rather than just reading and not having any reply.

Rich
Old 12-08-2004, 03:51 PM
NitroMedic
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: Another lamb to the slaughter!!! LOL

Hey Richard!

Dude, that sounds like it's gonna be one SWEET ride! Send some pics when you get her home!!

Thanks,
Shayne
Old 12-09-2004, 04:36 PM
rfaster
My Feedback: (1)

Sounds very SWEET - hope you have a nice place to run it. I have been wanting to pull the trigger on a street kit for some time - just can't find anywhere to run it. If we had tracks like I have seen in the FG video's... I'd own a stable of F1's -etc...
Old 12-10-2004, 09:50 AM
richardneail

Yer I hope it's going to be as much fun as everyone says they are.

I live close to Tibshelf track which is great for 1/5th scale so yer I have a good place to run it also I have a nice tarmac yard outside my workshop so be plenty of practice going in there.

Spoken to Owen at stickitz he is a very helpful chap and has all the decals for the Mclaren for the gulf team colours done so looks like that is what I am going for.

Rich
Old 12-10-2004, 12:42 PM
richardneail

Here is a image of the paint job I am going to have done.