Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

no drive help

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 04:02 AM
seve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no drive help

Hi Guys, hopefully a small problem that you can help me with, iv lost the drive in my MB we were running it in a park (50mm Grass) a lot of the time flat out. then it came to a halt, it revs freely and if you lift back wheels they spin but under load it wont move, gears etc look fine, before i start stripping it down i thought i would ask if you guys have had this prob
Old 02-15-2005, 04:31 AM
FGUK
Banned

Default RE: no drive help

Firstly.........

Check the grub screws in the square wheel drivers on each of the back wheels, if one is loose then it won't go far! They are alloy bits that your wheels fit onto.

Was out with my Marder with another person from this Forum, who shall remain namesless, but is Australian a few weeks ago and his Monster Beetle stopped moving, he packed up and went home, only to find it was the wheels squares that had come loose!!!
Old 02-15-2005, 04:37 AM
dazzahughesuk

or is the squares have not come lose, have they rounded the bit on the wheel that they fit into?? thats what happened to me. so ill have to get some KPD spiders.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:30 AM
funshawstud

My guess is clutch key on main engine shaft
Take your bell housing off then remove the clutch shoes , there should be a little square or half moon key in the shaft. If it is in pcs just replace it.
You can even hand file yourself a new one if it is broke from a small pc of metal you have layin around. ( otherwise you will probably have to order it )
hope it helps
Old 02-15-2005, 08:47 AM
avgas

Hmm, I dont think so on a Zenoah, its a tapper shaft? As FGUK said, first check the wheel drivers, as this always happens, the little grub screws slowly get pushed back up into the driver, Fit steel ones and that should be a fit and forget item, If its not that (which I think it is) then check all the grub screws in all the drive line, from the big gear (46/48) the little one behind the engine.
Steve
Old 02-15-2005, 09:41 AM
amitysanimal

Same thing happened to mine, it was the plastic gear carrier behind the spur gear. Not sure if thats your problem but worth checking.

amitysanimal
Old 02-15-2005, 11:42 AM
seve

Thanks for the advice guys, the grub screws on the square wheel drivers are fine, checked others all ok, i think it might be the diff cos i can turn the diff cog and it wont turn the wheels, could it be iv stripped the diff gearing. my nitro trucks were always stripping the diffs, i hope the mb isnt gonna be the same.
Old 02-15-2005, 01:17 PM
seve

You were nearly right Amity. the plastic spur gear has gone rounded, i was told that the plastic gear carrier would wear when i brought the MB and Kevs racing bits gave me the alloy upgrade when i brought the MB from him, i just wasnt expecting expecting it to wear on the shaft.. thats a shame i so looking forward to spending more money on these trucks this week..a week off... oh that could a bad omen... could be double nxt wk.. thanks for your help guys