Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

New springs for the Bigfoot

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 08:04 AM
Automan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New springs for the Bigfoot

Is there some harder springs for the monster truck ?

The only ones i could find in the fg catalog is the 7211/3 (long, blue marked), but i don't know if they are more heavy duty then the originals... are they ? or do you know of any other springs to suit the Bigfoot if the originals feels to soft ?

My truck had a nasty accident on the tarmark when i was testing the speed of it [sm=crying.gif] it dived to much when braking and that ended up in a heavy roll on the asphalt, the rollbar on the body was a good protector, but the lights on it got badly damaged, crushed. Some of the rings on my aluminum rims got some nasty wounds, and the body is not so nice as before A unfortunate accident, but it's just to change those parts and a new body and try to remember not to drive that fast on asphalt next time... it will probably happen again, these baby's just makes you do crazy stuff and almost forget your brain at home [sm=biggrin.gif] Just sad that dealers here in Sweden cant have the most basic stuff in stock like 48/46 gears, and springs, and other basic necessaries... they got nothing, every time i have to wait for them to get it home before i then can get it And newer stuff... forget it, will take some time before they get it.
Old 03-29-2005, 10:47 AM
daytona7

Default RE: New springs for the Bigfoot

You might want to try some of the 1/4 scale sites. From what I can see and remember, the springs they use might be a little thicker but about the same length. I'll know more later when I stop over a friends to show my MT. Will compare springs on his 1/4's.
Old 03-29-2005, 11:34 AM
Automan

Thanks daytona7 ! looking forward to some more input on this from you, thanks for taking the time to do this [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 03-29-2005, 12:20 PM
JRexA

Here they have progressive spring sets for FG and others

http://www.the-racing-factory.de/shop/index.html

Look at "Stoßdämpfer" and then "x Dämpferfedern Off Road" in the Online Shop.

They make them in 5 sizes from 2.0 mm * 100 mm to 2.5 mm * 100 mm

They have sets of both 8 springs, and a complete set with 5*8 springs

They ship outside the EU.
Old 03-30-2005, 06:29 AM
Automan

Thanks so much for the url JRexA !!! Seams to be a very nice place.

What springs would you recommend ? any idea ?

I will probably get two setts and a sweat-shirt

Very good you found this place JRexA, because fg sells only softer springs then original what i found... max 1,7 and the stock springs are 2,0.... i don't know why they don't have any harder springs [sm=confused.gif]
Old 03-30-2005, 09:03 AM
daytona7

Automan,
Sorry I was not able to check the springs yesterday. My friend had to work late. Hoping to get over there today and show him the toy. You might want to give a try of mixing 2 different size regular FG springs on each shock. My friend has been testing this on his 1/4 scales and said by mixing, the car handles better in turns. He uses a soft spring then a spacer then a stiffer spring. The dual size springs give the car a quicker rebound. I think FG also has a dual rate spring. Might want to give it a try. I'll see if I can locate his posting on a different site about this and PM you.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:31 AM
daytona7

Automan
E-mail on it's way to you with site information.
Old 03-30-2005, 04:38 PM
Automan

Thanks daytona7 ! very interesting reading [sm=thumbup.gif] I will most certainly try that soon.

In the meantime i have ordered two different spring-sets from the-racing-factory, and hope these springs work out fine, they seam to be very good and just what i need. Have already paid and waiting delivery of them... and a sweat-shirt hope this and the new shell and gear and side rings for the rims gets my monster baby happy again [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 03-31-2005, 07:57 AM
JRexA

I hope that you gets the right springs.

I don't know which to use, as I don't have a MT

It is a bit easier with the adjustable shocks for the Leopard Race.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:26 AM
Automan

Anyone know where i can get hold of aluminum shocks today, that is in production and at least 5mm shaft as the lauterbacher aluminum shocks are.
And they need to be adjustable of course

I ordered first a very long time ago the lauterbachers long aluminum shockset of 8shocks, but they still haven't begun making them [:@] but they are selling them nonetheless, typical of the german company's what i heard.
What i heard and have personal experience with, is that they are fast at selling stuff, putting it out on website and charge you for them, but then actually making them and sending it away seams to be a low priority in general by german company's
It's nothing personal against germans, but I'm just getting pis*ed of when they sell something they have no plans of making in the near future, thats false advertising and very annoying for the costumers.

Anyways, please give me a few hints where to get some high quality aluminum shocks today, that are in stock and can be delivered asap. Thanks guys !!