Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Multiplex Servos

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 05:12 AM
zafiragsi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multiplex Servos

Morning all. This question is aimed at all you rich people out there who are using Multiplex servos. Which one are you using on your throttle/brake? I had an unexplaned run away a while ago and damaged my MT quite badly.[&o] Because I still have not found the reason behind this everyting is being changed before the beast goes out again. This includes radio, rx nicad, switch harness and of course throttle servo. I am even going to put a battery monitor on it like i used to use on my helicopters. It may seem like over kill but I dont want this to happen to me again!!!!!!

Ade[>:]
Old 06-26-2005, 05:19 AM
Mad Wax

Default RE: Multiplex Servos

Do you also have a fail safe? (one with a battery backup preferbly) what about metal spark plug cap? Maybe another person using same channel?

I had a runaway- luckily caught it with my foot- the throttle/brake servo was juddering back on forth when the TX was on, switch it off and OK. Fine for 1 hour before, and fine now. hmm..

Not using a Multiplex for throttle/brake. Hitec 645.
Old 06-26-2005, 05:42 AM
X-cell Fury

A little of topic but where did you fly yours helis to, where you a member of any club?
Old 06-26-2005, 05:50 AM
dazzahughesuk

Im rich, im uni student
I am using Multiplex servos

For the throttle i am using Power Speed

and for the steering i am using Rhino with the New alloy servo horn

i got them from Steve (Avgas) Speedracer.co.uk

Here s pic of my set up.

There are two reasons why i wanted MPX servos...1) i was going to run a 3pk with the HRS module (so digital servos) and 2) i like the red colour of the servos against the black servo tray

Darren
Old 06-26-2005, 06:42 AM
zafiragsi

Sorry I forgot to mention I was using a failsafe and a metal resistor plug cap at the time of the runaway. I thought I had cocered all bases. I am now looking to get radio with built in failsafe. Not too keen on these aftermarket ones after this event.

X-cell Fury...... Yes i did belong to a flying club. It was the Beaufort flying club. We used to fly at a farmers field in Winterbourne. This was some time ago now so the venue may have changed.

Darren....... Nice set up mate. That is exactly the info I was after.

Thanks for the quick replies

Ade
Old 06-26-2005, 07:23 AM
dazzahughesuk

Your welcome mate, anytime
Darren
ORIGINAL: zafiragsi

Sorry I forgot to mention I was using a failsafe and a metal resistor plug cap at the time of the runaway. I thought I had cocered all bases. I am now looking to get radio with built in failsafe. Not too keen on these aftermarket ones after this event.

X-cell Fury...... Yes i did belong to a flying club. It was the Beaufort flying club. We used to fly at a farmers field in Winterbourne. This was some time ago now so the venue may have changed.

Darren....... Nice set up mate. That is exactly the info I was after.

Thanks for the quick replies

Ade
Old 06-26-2005, 10:30 AM
X-cell Fury

I am using the same set up as Darren and it works good enough for me.
Old 06-26-2005, 11:06 AM
zafiragsi

X-cell Fury........ Set up looks real good. I am going to stick with my Hitec 5745 digital servo on the steering as
1.... Its brand new
2.... I have not had any of the probs others on here have had.

Tell me where abouts in Bristol do you use your FG? I have used mine on the Downs but after my runaway I would like to find somewhere with slightly less people.

Ade