Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

SIKK 29cc Engines?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 10:23 AM
southcruiser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SIKK 29cc Engines?

Was thinking about getting http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1 for my fg on road car anyone know about these engines and are they any good?

thanks
Old 07-25-2005, 10:48 AM
kengentry5000
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: SIKK 29cc Engines?

I have been wondering the same thing but for a Firehammer. This company:

[link]http://oneillbrothersracing.com/[/link]

Sells the 29cc SIKK engine and a pipe for the FG Marder, Buggy, Firehammer, etc.

I have seen them offer the engine and pipe for $350 as a package.

Ken
Old 07-25-2005, 06:51 PM
gonsped69
My Feedback: (6)

I'll be installing these soon from Oneillbrothers

* 29cc big bore kit + stuffed 2.0mm crank

I can't wait to see how it performs with the lightened crankshaft
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wt58932.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	301411  
Old 07-25-2005, 06:56 PM
badz
My Feedback: (1)

[link=http://www.davesmotors.com/]Dave's Motors[/link] Also has great prices on engines. a 29cc sikk chromed with billet head is $225 Dave's also ships anywhere in the world at pretty good prices.
Old 07-25-2005, 09:45 PM
turnell

IF ANYONE HASN'T ALREADY NOTICED THE 29cc SIKK ENGINES ARE INEFFICIANT FOR R/C CARS. the compression ratio is all wrong you can buy a properly tuned head kit from KING COBRA RACING that will out preform any tuned SIKK engine, SIKK engines were specificly designed for GOPED's not R/C cars. i wanted the SIKK engine since i first saw it untill i was informed about this by more than one FG supplier. now i have the KING COBRA version looks identicle but works much better.
IF YOUR INTERESTED IN A KING COBRA TUNED CHROME ENGINE GO TO www.rossendalemodels.co.uk

THEY SHIP ANYWHERE
Old 07-25-2005, 11:52 PM
drevil
My Feedback: (5)

People have been using sikk engines on gopeds for years so durability should be fine. You just have to be aware that you are using a high performance aftermarket engine so you can't expect the same durability as a stocker. A member on here (Pb paulie p) has a sikk engine in his raco that he runs on an alchohol/nitro mix. I'm not sure if he still comes here but he would probably be a good person to try to contact to see how he likes/dislike these motors.

turnell.... i tried checking out that site but didnt see those engines. What does the head kit that you are speaking of cost?

BTW I believe sikk makes a head kit for these motors that you can change the compression ratio.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:28 AM
ryan@ddm

ORIGINAL: turnell
IF ANYONE HASN'T ALREADY NOTICED THE 29cc SIKK ENGINES ARE INEFFICIANT FOR R/C CARS. the compression ratio is all wrong you can buy a properly tuned head kit from KING COBRA RACING that will out preform any tuned SIKK engine, SIKK engines were specificly designed for GOPED's not R/C cars.
Unfortunately, the information you have posted is incorrect.

"Sikk" engines are manufactured by Chung Yang company in Taiwan. Sikk Toys is one of several different American importers of these engines. Chung Yang has made MANY knockoffs of Zenoah engines.

These include a clone of the 32mm bore G230RC (commonly referred to as the HE23HP), a clone of the 34mm bore G260RC (known as the HE26HP), as well as a 35mm bore engine (known as the SK27RC) and a 35mm bore engine with a 30mm stroke for 28.9cc (known as the SK29RC). Recently, they introduced a 36mm bore / 28mm stroke engine known as the GP290 or CY29RC. The 'SK27RC' and 'SK29RC' are available from the factory with either a 1-piece jug head or a 2-piece head with interchangeable dome to allow customization of the compression ratio.

These engines are clones and derivatives of the Zenoah RC family of engines, which were certainly not "specificly (sic) designed for GOPED's". All of them are VERY well suited for light load / high rev operation as found in RC marine / heli / car applications. In fact, they perform much better under low loads than they do under the high weight loading scenarios typically present on scooters.

Old 07-26-2005, 06:10 AM
original.mb

turnell,

i have to disagree with you there budd your info is way of there? don't believe the hype all of the time brother

i have a sikk 29cc to install with the mt oneil pipe and from test results they honestly give the best bhp

if you still doubt contact simon at www.sbracing.co.uk and he will fill you in with factual proof from real testing on the sikk 29cc engines against the ones you mention, i think kcr actually get there engines from simon at sb anyway
Old 07-26-2005, 08:25 AM
gonsped69

Veron - did you install a stuffed (lightened) stroker inside your 29cc?

Oneillbrothers website claims a 15% improvement over the bottom end.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:39 AM
badz
My Feedback: (1)

King Cobra Engines are CY Engines...same as SIKK...matter a fact they even admit on their website they are CY Engines. So they are nothing different than a SIKK engine.
Old 07-26-2005, 02:26 PM
OLD_SLOW and in the WAY

the stuffed flywheel should be watched when spinning very high rpm... there have been issues in some boat engines in sustained runs over 18,000 rpm. personally i havent seen this problem, the 29 is a puller for sure and the 27cc will rev much higher. i would say that if you run a monster truck go for the 29cc and the 27 in a buggy. durability is not even a consideration with the sikk, cy, he/superior engine (all the same )
Old 07-26-2005, 09:29 PM
gonsped69

I've even tried a Zenoah 23cc in the Smartech Monster Truck and it was still more than enough power to have fun compared to the standard 27cc motor.

I'm in the middle of breaking in the 29cc and everything looks good. At the moment I am limiting the throttle to 50% while breaking in.

Thanks for the tip for the sustained high speed runs - but my experience is I never quite find a place big enough for the motor to be able to spool to its maximum RPM. I'm just a little afraid of snapping something or doing something stupid at high speed. You don't really need to go fast to have fun with a large scale offroader
Old 07-27-2005, 07:16 AM
original.mb

gonsped69

i wasn't aware of that sounds good i will deffo look into that, thanks again
Old 07-27-2005, 07:24 AM
Mad Wax

Will all this talk about 29cc engines into FG's, anyone considered fitting a Cox engine?
Old 07-27-2005, 04:38 PM
JRexA

I mounted a 27cc SiKK Head kit on my G230RC, and it definatey has more power, but Ok, even the G230RC had plenty of power for me.

CY can't be all bad, ave FG sells CY engines.....
Old 07-27-2005, 04:42 PM
chowderhead72
My Feedback: (4)

Got a link?
ORIGINAL: Mad Wax

Will all this talk about 29cc engines into FG's, anyone considered fitting a Cox engine?
Old 07-27-2005, 05:49 PM
turnell

king cobra are the UK's soul distributer, and they are good at what they do, but you guys also know your stuff, if any of you did want to check for yourselves ring 01706250007. they'll be more than happy to talk to you, i think the problem with the SIKK engines is that they have to much low end torque and due to the engines being light causes the engine to go into no load, from what iv heard this is the same thing as running your engine with the wheels of the ground, i didn't think that mattered too much, but it causes your engine to hit a higher RPM and over heat causing all sorts of problems.
In response to DREVEL i think the head kits are around £50 n they look great.
Old 07-27-2005, 06:01 PM
drevil
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: chowderhead72

Got a link?
ORIGINAL: Mad Wax

I think he was kidding. Cox used to make these tiny .049 nitro engines years ago. Its actually the first nitro car i ever owned (the cox nissan gtp car).
Old 07-27-2005, 09:57 PM
jimbo1890

I had a COX 049 in my first control line plane and wasn't it fun to keep running