Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Beadlock rims that hold T-Maxx sized tires

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Beadlock rims that hold T-Maxx sized tires

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 11:28 AM
kengentry5000
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beadlock rims that hold T-Maxx sized tires

I have seen several beadlock aluminum rims for FG, Firehammer, etc. All seem to NOT specifically say they will accept "standard" Pro-Line T-Maxx sized tires. There are some non-beadlock rims that are this size.

Anyone found this combination of beadlock and T-Maxx tire size in the same rim? Any experience with them to relate to the forum?

Thanks,
Ken
Old 07-26-2005, 02:32 PM
drevil
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Beadlock rims that hold T-Maxx sized tires

I believe somebody makes adapters that will allow you to run Tmaxx rims/tires. This way you can just buy beadlock rims made for the tmaxx, and any tmaxx tires will fit.
BTW I havent tried them, but somebody on here was complaining not too long ago about tmaxx tires wearing out really quickly because the compound they are made of is too soft for these large cars. So before you go and buy a really expensive set of tmaxx beadlocks i'd make sure the tires you want to run are going to work.
Old 07-26-2005, 03:34 PM
badz
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: kengentry5000

I have seen several beadlock aluminum rims for FG, Firehammer, etc. All seem to NOT specifically say they will accept "standard" Pro-Line T-Maxx sized tires. There are some non-beadlock rims that are this size.

Anyone found this combination of beadlock and T-Maxx tire size in the same rim? Any experience with them to relate to the forum?

Thanks,
Ken

[link=http://www.oneillbrothers.com/]T-Maxx Beadlocks[/link] Click on Oneill Products then RC Car/Boat...Oneill Brothers makes T-Maxx Beadlocks....the pic of them shows them with stock T-Maxx tires on so I'd imagine they'd take the standard tire. I'd email Oneill Brothers they are great with fast replies and answers to questions you have about their products.

I found this place too for more affordable beadlocks for T-Maxx...[link=http://www.maximizerproducts.com/bead.html]Bead Locks[/link]
Old 07-26-2005, 05:22 PM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Proline makes the "40 Series" wheels in beadlock now and also has some tall profile 40 series (oxymoron) tires now too. The 40 series beadlock uses the new 23mm hub and CNR makes an adapter for FG-23mm so you are all set!