Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

6 horse briggs and straton motor HELP ME!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

6 horse briggs and straton motor HELP ME!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 09:42 AM
Rampede

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6 horse briggs and straton motor HELP ME!!

ok heres the deal i have a old school turfmaster 6 horse tractor the motor is junk so i need to take it out well when i took the deck off i sax the crankshaft and it had a big pully on it and it looks like it is mounted right on the crankshaft permanantly and i need to get it off to put the new motor on also how do u take off the square thing on a briggs 3.5 motor itsd the thing that holds the blade off i dont know how to get either off of the crankshaft HELP ME hoping for replies in 7 hours MAX!! help me please
Old 08-02-2005, 12:42 PM
randyg-rcu

Default RE: 6 horse briggs and straton motor HELP ME!!

You used so little punctuation and made such little effort to organize coherent thoughts, I have no bloody clue what you're actually wanting help with... oh, and "u" is not a word. Consider re-writing the question using something approximating english, so people can read it.

(and depending on what you're asking, photos might help)

--Randy
Old 08-02-2005, 12:50 PM
drevil
My Feedback: (5)

Well first off this doesn't sound at all related to giant scale r/c's, but with that said i'm more than willing to help. Like the previous post stated you will probably need to post pictures so we can really give you a hand.

It sounds to me like you are trying to get a pulley and the blade off this lawn tractor? Does the pulley have bolt in the center of it? If so then it is probably removable, but it may be pressed on. Usually in this case you need a special puller that is meant for removing something like that. (after you remove the bolt first of course) You can sometimes get away with heating the center of the pulley with a torch to expand the metal and then carefully pry it off. Sometimes this works, others it doesn't.

The blade on most lawn mowers is held on by a single bolt in the middle of the blade. You remove that bolt, and the blade comes off. If thats not the case then you will need to post pictures.
Old 08-02-2005, 04:52 PM
Rampede

the blades are off both motors i need to get the pully off the tractor and and the blade mount off the motor u should know what im talking about if you know anything about small engines. HA puncuation muahahahahahahaha, but yeah i use the letter u for a word called YOU. god y do u gotta flame man what the heck? but its the little square thing on the bottom where you bolt the blade to i cant get it off ive tried like everything its on the crankshaft directly mounted to the motor same case for the lawn tractor motor and it is large scale cus im making it rc. it has to be able to be removed or else how could u have put the motor on and take it off not to mention u cant just put a huge pully through a tiny hole lol well write back and no more flaming thatnks ryan
Old 08-02-2005, 05:01 PM
Acs_guitars
My Feedback: (3)

No one was flaming... Just suggesting propper forum mannors, and actually asking that you follow RCU guidelines. As to your question. Every model of tractor is different and they are not all the same. The part you are asking about is more than likely pressed on. The way they are pressed at the factory makes it seem like it is permanent, but it just takes alot of force to remove, or even eassier.... cut it off. Show some pics and then we can all try to give better help.... I am not exactly sure of what you are saying.
Old 08-02-2005, 05:51 PM
Rampede

oik if i cut it iff then that means i wont have a crankshaft anymore lol its connected to the crankshaft
Old 08-02-2005, 06:02 PM
Acs_guitars
My Feedback: (3)

Don't cut the shaft... Cut the part you are trying to remove. We NEED pics to actually understand what you are talking about.
Old 08-02-2005, 06:03 PM
Rampede

sorry but i dont have a camera
Old 08-02-2005, 07:29 PM
dynamite26

I think some of those engines over here had a key way shaft whether that one does or not i don't know,but it must come off some how as most of the time the pullys are put on after the engine is fitted.Pictures can tell a thousand words but like you said you don't have a camera so it is sort of hard to help without seeing it.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:47 PM
Rampede

yep but i guess im screwed o well another wasted 50 bux
Old 08-03-2005, 08:38 AM
Dr Honda
My Feedback: (4)

no idea.

Need pics.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:37 AM
fourwheeler

I have seen the part you are refering too (I think) and some of them had been pressed on and the crank had grooves cut in it along the length of the crank. I can't remember the word for it right now( knurled maybe?) anyway, it was just pressed on. You would need a puller if yours is like this.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:47 AM
Rampede

where can i buy a puller?
Old 08-03-2005, 10:50 AM
randyg-rcu

Any auto parts store, most large hardware stores, etc.

Check to make sure it doesn't have any set screws or pins.

--Randy
Old 08-03-2005, 11:05 AM
Rampede

it doesnt have any set screws. what is it called tho like is it a 1 size fits all? can a puller put it back on? how much do they cost? You guys are on RCU are great i want to thank everyone for helpin my noob ass out lol.
Old 08-05-2005, 03:58 PM
Anomie

ORIGINAL: fourwheeler

I have seen the part you are refering too (I think) and some of them had been pressed on and the crank had grooves cut in it along the length of the crank. I can't remember the word for it right now( knurled maybe?) anyway, it was just pressed on. You would need a puller if yours is like this.
I think you mean a splined shaft. If it's an interference fit you can heat the pulley like stated above, or just use a puller. If you can get the thing to some kind of mechanic, they can probably recommend the right puller for you. Hope this helps!
Old 08-05-2005, 04:01 PM
Rampede

i got it off yippee lol i used a wedge and a hammer . i put the wedge under the pully where the motor mounts to the chassis and i hammered it in it took about an hour but it cam off and the 3.5 hp lawnmower engine thingy just came off lol right when i started it i reversed the puleysd from the tranny to the motor and it is soooooooooo fast but scarey to be on when someone els is driving it lol considering the seat itns bolted on