Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

SELWA'S FG MARDER

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 06:08 AM
SELWA
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SELWA'S FG MARDER

Well here it is. I had the MB, then made it into a MT and now I have a tricked out Marder. I still have the Monster wheels for some nice bumpy terrain. Here are the pics!

Old 08-03-2005, 08:02 AM
original.mb

Default RE: SELWA'S FG MARDER

very nice indeed my friend that has to be the best marder i have seen yet looks awesome with all that alloy and chrome
Old 08-03-2005, 08:25 AM
fourwheeler

Wow...looking very good
Old 08-03-2005, 11:00 AM
ibstar

erm
nice and have spent some time sorting it
but please sort the rx box out it kind of spoils the whole picture
Old 08-03-2005, 11:30 AM
fgbasher
My Feedback: (10)

you need this [link=http://www.monsterideas.co.uk/Rad%20Box%20Brkt%201.jpg]recevier mount[/link]
Old 08-03-2005, 12:51 PM
SELWA

Thanks guys! I've looked at a few options to mount the RX box. I still want to have full access to the battery pack since I have a spare and sometimes need to switch them. My Marder body gives me limited room under the hood. I wanted to take a few pictues before it gets really dirty!! I have a few small boxes I picked up and I'm thinking of mounting onto of the 1/4 servo. I'll have to play around with it until it gets right. (I like to have a neat radio tray with as much cables consealed as possible).
Old 08-03-2005, 01:18 PM
Nitro_Evader_Basher

Sweet. Where in ontario are you? I bash with a bunch of people that have large scale and im getting a monster beetle sometime (hopefully) soon.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:37 PM
SELWA

Cool!! I lived in Mississauga in the 403/cawthra area and now I'm in Milton but I still work in Mississauga. Have you tried Clarkson Park around QEW and Winston Churchill yet?? Way2fas**** als has a monster MT and we bash there sometimes. We will have to get together sometime.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:46 PM
Nitro_Evader_Basher

im kinda on the lorne park/port credit border near shawnmarr. I just met some people that bash at the canadian tire on queensway in etobicoke. its probably a 5 or 10 minute drive from where you used to live. I also just saw your same post on offroadrc. my name there is Stefan. I don't live too near clarkson park but I could get someone to drive me sometime.
Old 08-03-2005, 05:53 PM
turnell

SELWA wot is the silver pipe thingy between your exhaust header and your tuned pipe? i need something like that, my one always spits oil out from the connection that should be inbetween them? where did you get it from?
CHEERS
Old 08-03-2005, 06:04 PM
hellya

looks killer...... lots of alloy......that is a hose dressing available at any auto parts store
Old 08-03-2005, 06:20 PM
turnell

cool! cheers mate!
Old 08-04-2005, 05:33 AM
SELWA

Thanks all. That's right! It's hose dressing. I bought a full kit for $50CAD on sale from $75. I use the Blue airplane hose coupler. Much better and make sure you use regular hose claps. The fg's don't stand up. You half to make the beast look good!!

Stefan, PM me and I'll give you my cell#. I know the guys that bash at CTC too. Carl sold me the FG to begin with and I know most of the mods from www.offroadrc.ca. I may be going to Clarkson Park this weekend with another FG owner or 2. Would be great if you could come up too.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:32 AM
Xeron

Nice man, Nice

Curious what kinda surface you run on with that tyre / suspension setup? I'd of thought you'd of gone for hydrolic brakes if u was puttin the amount of money you have done into it
Old 08-04-2005, 03:00 PM
turnell

has anyone seen the new hydro brakes from MOLZERY MOWERY, where would i be able to get hold of some.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:37 PM
drevil
My Feedback: (5)

Have you tried contacting them to see if they have any in stock? You might also want to pm ammdrew as i think he works there.
Old 08-05-2005, 05:42 AM
SELWA

One of the reasons I went with Cable brakes is my wife bought me the front set and I bought the rear set later on. The second is that if I need any parts for the the Canadian distributor is just 40 minutes away or 25 when I'm at work!! Not to mention they are less expensive. I bought something from Molzer before and I can't do it again!! A $85 part cost me an additional $60 for shipping it!! It weighs less that 1 pound too!!! And it was a part made by crazy nut rcing to top it off. I asked for them to ship it by post but the still shipped by UPS and the duties hit me hard. They also declared it as a car part!! If you say it's a toy part you don't get hit the same way!! The guys are great there but it's far too expensive to ship to Canada.

The tires are actually the firehammer ones!! Only $24.99US a pair!! And they work great. Tight to put on the leopard race rims though. Please note the firehammer rims will NOT work if you have any type of cable/hydro brakes!!! I run on all types of surfaces. If I go on more paved areas I put the monster tires on.

Suspension is 40 in the front and 80 in the rear. The springs in the rear are a combination of the yellow and blue(cut in half to make up for the spacing). The front I use the red since they are the softest. FG# 8525 gives you the set of 3 and they cost $34CAD

Old 08-05-2005, 08:27 PM
daytona7

ORIGINAL: drevil

Have you tried contacting them to see if they have any in stock? You might also want to pm ammdrew as i think he works there.
Andrew is the owner of MolzerMowery. Great guy to work with even though he has a habit of wearing weird colored shirts, Orange and black.
Old 08-06-2005, 12:52 AM
drevil
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: daytona7
Andrew is the owner of MolzerMowery. Great guy to work with even though he has a habit of wearing weird colored shirts, Orange and black.
Thats what i thought, but didnt want to say it if i didnt know for sure. Andrew has helped me out a couple of times with finding the correct parts (such as when i was trying to get touring tires on my marder) when others wouldnt. [sm=thumbup.gif]

Selwa, the car is a beauty![8D] The mirror reminds me of what people do at full size car shows, nice touch!
Time to post some pics of it filthy!!!
Old 08-07-2005, 10:20 PM
5th scale Ray

Whoa! I'd like to bash too if you guys would let me play
I got a marder and have to settle bashing with some nitro buddies. Oh sure their 4WD can out handle me, but ironically they spend more time fixing their cars than running.

I'm in Mississauga too (Hwy. 10 and Eglinton) but can go anywhere to bash.

Ray
Old 08-08-2005, 06:30 AM
SELWA

Thanks guys. Can't wait to get it dirty too. I want to see how it jumps with the new wheels I put on after converting it from a monster.

Ray PM me and we can meet up. Maybe a the 2nd cup at HWY10 and Eglington there. I know the owner.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:33 AM
methodman

very tasty, very tasty indeed!
Old 08-08-2005, 01:54 PM
5th scale Ray

ORIGINAL: SELWA

Thanks guys. Can't wait to get it dirty too. I want to see how it jumps with the new wheels I put on after converting it from a monster.

Ray PM me and we can meet up. Maybe a the 2nd cup at HWY10 and Eglington there. I know the owner.

Selwa, just sent you a message with the particulars. Yup, 2nd cup sounds good. Talk soon.
Ray
Old 08-09-2005, 09:49 AM
Xeron

ORIGINAL: SELWA

Suspension is 40 in the front and 80 in the rear. The springs in the rear are a combination of the yellow and blue(cut in half to make up for the spacing). The front I use the red since they are the softest. FG# 8525 gives you the set of 3 and they cost $34CAD
I was under the impression the springs were
silver
yellow 2.6
red 2.8
blue 3.0

you said you use red because its the softest.. well from what i'm aware of the yellow and the silver is softer than red.... your running harder on the front than on the back even with the blue coil over system.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:25 AM
SELWA

I have both the MB and the MT springs and the are a different gauge too. The weird thing is that among all the springs I have there are 2 rear silver springs that are shorter. If I use the silver springs they don't come up enough and if I change the oil and/ or use clips it doesn't give me the dampening I want. All that aluminum weights more so I have to compensate.

I gues the yelow felt softer to me. Might be the size too since some like the blue are a bit smaller too.

Springs, springs and more springs!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.