Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Shock question

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 07:13 AM
SELWA
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shock question

I changed my rear springs to work better but I find sometime after some good bashing/driving the lower c-clip in the shock body bends and comes off. Once this happens the piston ring stays in one spot causeing the shocks to work on the spring only. It's a pain having to rebuild them often. I am using 70WT shock oil now. I'm also using a combination of yellow and 1/2 a blue touring spring for the rear shocks. Works great and looks so cool but I still have the c-clip problem.

These are my choices -

1. use the 4 hole piston rings - Have them but haven't tried them yet. Maybe use a 80WT oil with these??
2. get the threaded shock shafts and aluminum pistons/o-rings ($44CAD!!)

Not sure which way to go. ANy help would be appreciated!!
Old 08-08-2005, 07:29 AM
chevyman_de

Default RE: Shock question

The only way to get rid of the c-clip problem is using the threaded piston rods. The o-ring pistons are a good thing anyway, shock action will be smoother and wear on the schock body will be reduced. In case you can change your driving habits slightly , there are also o-ring pistons available for the stock piston rods.
Old 08-08-2005, 07:34 AM
SELWA
My Feedback: (1)

Do you think the 4 hole pistons will help at all?
Old 08-08-2005, 08:23 AM
chevyman_de

Not really. When you get a damping the suits your needs, it doesn't matter what piston/oil combination you use. The force on the piston would (should) be about the same.