Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

New MB Engine...

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 04:05 PM
avery4jc
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New MB Engine...

Hey guys, I searched and did some back reading on upgraded engines for the MB/MT5/etc. since I'm in the market for a new one and found some good info. but would like a little more input on the subject...
The two options that I'm looking at now are this...
getting something like the 29cc Big Bore Stroker Motor from OneillBrothers.com and using my Jetpro pipe with it, or...
going with the Chromed 29cc head kit motor that's supposed to push 4hp along with my Jetpro pipe.
I just bash around and am planning on getting the 2 speed soon not really to go any faster but just to gear it to be easier on the engine.
Would the 29cc w/ head kit and my Jetpro be overkill? Or should I just go with the 29cc Big Bore Stroker Motor or even the 27cc along with my Jetpro pipe.
I'm a big fan of no replacement for displacement but I've heard that some of the 27cc motors have a more "usable" powerband that is better for cars. So give me any and all input that you have, personal usage, pictures, movies, word of mouth, anything. Thanks
Old 08-08-2005, 06:02 PM
OLD_SLOW and in the WAY

Default RE: New MB Engine...

for all out grunt and some decent rpm take a look at the [link=http://www.davesmotors.com/store/product1017.html]GP290[/link] over at Daves discount motors they are less than $200 and if ya dont like the 29cc cylinder you can swap over to either a 23, 25 or a 27cc
Old 08-08-2005, 07:33 PM
cormierone

Averyjc,

A 27 big bore and jetpro pipe would give you what you're asking for, I put Dave's 27 kit and FG pipe on my Marder, and it out performs both my MB and MT. It has more bottom end grunt. O'Neils had a vid of MT with a 29 big bore and jetpro pipe and they couldn't keep the front end down, wheelies are fine but you need to have all fours down sometime.

Cormierone
Old 08-09-2005, 12:27 AM
avery4jc

Hmmm I like wheelies and plus I could always gear down w/ my 2 speed and add a wheelie bar if need be...throttle control is always something to think about too....[>:]
I wanted to go with whatever gave the best powerband but I figure at this point I might as well go with the chrome plated 29cc head kit motor, it really isn't that much more than the 29cc Sikk Stroker Motor and hey, who doesn't like 4+ hp?!?!?
I'm sure I'll blow my diff. soon but then I'll just have to get the Visco. diff....
any other comments would be appreciated, especially if you happen to own any of the engines being discussed.
Old 08-09-2005, 05:48 AM
Xeron

Hey,
I wouldnt recommend a 29cc engine. The range just isnt there in them. They've been made for the gopeds and work well in them, but just dont work nice with RC. from talking to tuners they dont like them. They can tune them to give you nice bottom end torque or really highh end speed, but its one or the other and theres nothing inbetween.
Old 08-09-2005, 06:51 AM
gonsped69
My Feedback: (6)

I don't seem to find a problem in my 29cc conversion from Oneillbrothers.com, I even bought the optional "stuffed crank" or lightened crankshaft for even more power for a U$15 premium over the standard 29cc big bore + stroker kit.

It seems perfect for the Smartech SMT but I can see that putting a tuned pipe with the motor will cause the front to come up as it is plenty fast with the stock muffler.

Top end is more than enough, anything faster would only be of use under straight line drag racing but if a tuned pipe is installed, it would be a little too fast to control.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:27 AM
original.mb

avery4jc

i have the 'sikk' big billet head 29cc engine. you can source them from simon at www.sbracing.co.uk he ships worldwide. also simon at sb has an extensive knowledge of engines and aftermarket tuning give him a call or mail him to get a good factual idea of what will work for you and your mb.

hope this helps
Old 08-09-2005, 10:05 AM
Plum Crazy
My Feedback: (5)

I have the Sikk Toys 29cc chrome motor and have had both a Samba pipe and the FG pipe plus the two speed on a monster beetle. The Samba gives more top end power and the FG more on the bottom I took the two speed off because it was scary fast when it hit second. I like to run it with the FG pipe its way fast on top and will wheelie from a rolling start. It's fun to see how far you can wheelie with out getting it on the wing. I run 108 octane fuel mixed half and half with 92 octane pump gas. You can tell the differance between the 92 and the 100 octane its much more snappy. I bought from the Oneill brothers and have been very happy with their service and prices.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:09 AM
avery4jc

I'm getting both sides on this topic...
some say that a 27cc w/ my Jetpro pipe would be perfect while the last three posts are from people who own a 29cc and had nothing but good things to say about them....
I did notice that on Oneillbrothers site they sell a 27cc head kit motor for only $199 that's rated at 3.5 hp, only .5 hp less than the 29cc head kit motor and it would probably have a better range according to some of you guys...do you think that woud be a better choice? Thanks for the help.
Old 08-09-2005, 12:19 PM
Xeron

Ok I can only tell you what I know.
the bigger barrel/head and the ported ones that a few people do (with the bigger cooling fins) fit easier on the cy as the zenoah has to have the crankcase ground or filed down so they fit.

The 29cc isnt either good for low down power but poor at the top or its all at the top and wont idle.
Thats the reason why a few people have stopped selling the 29cc conversion (the chamber bellow the piston is too small) The 26 to 27 crank conversion seems to be a bit of a waste of ££££s too.
Old 08-09-2005, 12:52 PM
avery4jc

Yeah I'm thinking that the 29cc might be a bad idea, I've been doing some other research for the last little while...do you think that the 27cc head kit motor from Oneill Brothers would have a better power band along with my Jetpro pipe or should I just get another 26cc Zenoah to go along with my pipe? Thanks a lot for the help guys, I probably would have gotten the 29cc and would have been dissapointed.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:16 PM
Xeron

What do you have currently? personally i'd say, get a zenoah 26 and a jetpro + an airfilter and you'll be very happy. if you really wanna get more out of it, it seems you'd be better off with the CY... so maybe just get the CY, buy yourself a jetpro pipe.. see what you think, if you want more take your pick out of a 27 or 29
Old 08-09-2005, 02:19 PM
avery4jc

I have the stock 26cc Zenoah but it's dead (long story)....I already have the Jetpro pipe but by the time it got here the engine was no longer in running condition. Anyways I think I'll either go with the stock 26cc Zenoah again or the 27cc head kit engine from OneillBrothers. I'll check prices on the 26cc Zenoah and go from there.
Old 08-09-2005, 03:22 PM
ryan@ddm

is the bottom end of your 26cc zenoah in good shape? If so, all you need is the 27cc top end...

http://www.davesmotors.com/store/product994.html

Old 08-09-2005, 05:22 PM
avery4jc

Ignition...dead
crankshaft...dead
"crank cone"...squished
flywheel...dead
crank bearing...shot
pull start...dying

Yeah, pretty much the entire thing needs to be replaced. There's a few guys on here that know what happened but I really don't feel like typing for 1/2 hour to explain the whole thing so we'll leave it at that.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:06 PM
Plum Crazy
My Feedback: (5)

I agree that the Zenoah 26cc is hard to beat you may get more power from others but its not that much and they last and last.
Old 08-10-2005, 03:27 AM
avery4jc

Well guys this is what I've decided on...hope it runs as geat as it looks, the 27cc should give me great power but have a better over all powerband compared to the 29cc head kit motor, at least that's the conclusion that I've come to after my research. Thanks for all the help.

Old 08-10-2005, 04:24 AM
gonsped69
My Feedback: (6)

Just for the sake of knowledge - would you mind sharing with us what happened to your engine? Nobody is going to laugh at you here, I guess most of us are curious how it is possible to damage these almost bulletproof engines to the extent you reported [&:]
Old 08-10-2005, 05:16 AM
original.mb

avery4,

if u are gonna go for that chrome big billet 27cc why not get the extra 2cc while you are there and go for the 29cc ? the reason i say this is because i was under the impression you wanted to pull wheelies? i have the jetpro pipe on my 29cc and its monstrous

i honestly don't think you will be disapointed if you do go with 29cc, even with all the negative stats people are stating i have not encountered any of what they say is bad about 29cc???

i have a spare zenoah 26cc engine with only 5 tanks threw it + a nib full chrome engine set and chrome handle to install on the zenoah 26cc engine if you are interested?
Old 08-10-2005, 12:02 PM
avery4jc

If the price was right, but since your in the UK shipping would probably be outrageous, plus I really want to go with something a little bigger. Yeah the bad stuff said about the 29cc head kit motor scared me away, plus 27cc with my Jetpro should give me nice wheelies.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:42 PM
JustxOnce
My Feedback: (7)

Just ordered my 29cc motor, hopefully I'll get to install by this weekend. then I'll have a spare motor, maybe get it ported
Old 08-10-2005, 03:47 PM
BILKO1

Sorry to hijack the thread, but Veron i've tried to pm you regarding the engine etc you have but your pm's aren't enabled could you pm me your email addy please.
Old 08-10-2005, 04:07 PM
original.mb

hi bilko,

sorry my pm is not enabled, if you post your mail addy i will contact you to discuss further more about the zenoh 26cc+chrome covering etc.,thanks
Old 08-11-2005, 07:18 AM
BILKO1

ORIGINAL: Veron

hi bilko,

sorry my pm is not enabled, if you post your mail addy i will contact you to discuss further more about the zenoh 26cc+chrome covering etc.,thanks
I'll give you this one for now [email protected] as its bound to get spammed to death.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:58 AM
original.mb

bilko1

just tried that mail but it says its not been sent?cos the address of that mail you gave me is not responding?plmk mate, thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.