Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Check out this Conley for sale on Ebay

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Check out this Conley for sale on Ebay

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 01:04 AM
hpiguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check out this Conley for sale on Ebay

Cool 1/4 scale Conley for sale.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Conley-1-4-scale...QQcmdZViewItem

Damn look at the price. Isn't that close to the price you can buy them from Conley at?

Old 08-15-2005, 06:24 AM
timfly1
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Check out this Conley for sale on Ebay

When I win the lottery I shall have one. Nice toy.
Tim.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:03 AM
drevil
My Feedback: (5)

That thing is a beauty!
Old 08-15-2005, 01:18 PM
SELWA
My Feedback: (1)

Very nice indeed but I'm still prefer 2 nice fully aluminum off-roads instead. At least you can get parts for them easier. In the end it's only money. Work hard and play harder!!
Old 08-15-2005, 03:05 PM
2pock
My Feedback: (4)

GBP 6,400.00
(Approximately US $11,614.72** Now its understood that this is what this guy wants for his car that needs work ! ! ! ! But if im to spend $11k on a remote control car, it better not need "ANY" work ! ! ! Not to mention , for $1500 more u can get one brand new (RTR even) ! ! !

JUST MY 2 CENTS ! ! !!
Old 08-15-2005, 03:29 PM
Automan

Love the car, and love the engine [sm=thumbup.gif] A very nice classic car for a collector. Don't think that it will be driven much though... and that is a shame The price is.... quite normal to expect for these kind of cars, not any big surprise there.

But if i would to put that kind of money into a RC car (not that i don't think they are worth it, because i do... it's only money and it needs to be spent ) Then my heart is set on that big 1/4 New Era Monster Bigfoot with a nice V8 or V10
But that dream have to wait, cause i don't have that kinda money to spend on RC right now

And btw, a monster truck of that size.... i personally think that they are not meant to be driven like a fg monster truck etc. Just like a fg monster truck aren't capable of being bashed as hard as a little lightweight nitro truck.... it's the old story of weight and gravity guys But that 1/4 Bigfoot with a V10 viper engine is one of my wet dreams [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 08-15-2005, 03:52 PM
hpiguy

Could you imagine driving this car in the street and hitting a curb! Imagine denting that gorgoues two piece metal body. Just hurts to think about it.

Or running it in a large parking lot and having (God almighty forbid) a radio malfunction and a runaway!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 14 large in a pile on the ground.

Wonder if you can get insurance on something like that. Take it to a body shop for repairs. "I have to get an estimate on my Cobra, I had an accident." "Sure, is it outside?" "Yeah, it's in my trunk."
Old 08-15-2005, 04:12 PM
Mad Wax

Is it nitro or petrol engine? If it's petrol why is he using silicon tubing? Still I would prefer different RC vehicles instead of just one (say on road, offroad buggy, offroad monster, tank, submarine, boat, hovercraft etc)
Old 08-15-2005, 06:00 PM
chowderhead72
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: Automan
Then my heart is set on that big 1/4 New Era Monster Bigfoot with a nice V8 or V10
But that dream have to wait, cause i don't have that kinda money to spend on RC right now

Got a link?
Old 08-15-2005, 06:11 PM
Automan

chowderhead72, I think xknacx have them on his site http://www.quarterscalelegends.com/

hpiguy, I sure wouldn't like to experience those moments, then again... what is the fun in having it standing on some shelf []
So to hell with being cautious, i would drive it... but i would be damn sure of having the best possible radio-equipment and place to run it at.. but i would use it, maybe just cruising with it easy and seeing it sweep across the ground with that wonderful V8 sound, nice [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 08-15-2005, 06:15 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: timfly1
When I win the lottery I shall have one. Nice toy.
Tim.
Or perhaps two--the full size "kit" which isn't really that expensive when compared to that one on the Bay.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:15 PM
hellya

$17,900 will get you a base kit... no engine http://www.erareplicas.com/fia/options.htm or http://www.erareplicas.com/fia/fia.htm#backfromoptions
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40368.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	310639   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89670.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	310640   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22559.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	310641  
Old 08-15-2005, 07:28 PM
Automan

Ye.. that would work to i guess Btw, i think that particular car with a big v8 is more fun in 1/1 scale then 1/4, but that's only my personal opinion

Many of us have been stuck in the big boy toys swamp for a long long time now when we explore the big scale RC world, we don't have to worry about speeding ticket any more.... or... i hope so anyways [sm=eek.gif] Rc driving is better in many ways
Snowman: You know, them smokey's got helicopters now... First class movie [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 08-15-2005, 08:06 PM
drevil

ORIGINAL: hellya

$17,900 will get you a base kit... no engine http://www.erareplicas.com/fia/options.htm or http://www.erareplicas.com/fia/fia.htm#backfromoptions
That's something i seriously want to get some time in the future. A Factory Five Racing Shelby Cobra kit car. I've seen a bunch of them in person and when done right they can be some awesome cars. The fact that they are meant to be used with a Mustang engine is also a plus
http://www.factoryfive.com/
Old 08-15-2005, 08:23 PM
daytona7

The Cobra with the 427 Conley is worth every penny. I have a tape around someplace of both the Cobra and Corvette running on a street and parking lot. I'd trade my wife for that. Oh wait, I forgot, I already traded her in for a newer model which ran good for a few years before it stopped working and I got rid of it. Next replacement will have all the bells and whistles so she can afford to buy me a few Conley's.
Old 08-19-2005, 02:12 PM
outcastrc

ORIGINAL: daytona7

The Cobra with the 427 Conley is worth every penny. I have a tape around someplace of both the Cobra and Corvette running on a street and parking lot. I'd trade my wife for that. Oh wait, I forgot, I already traded her in for a newer model which ran good for a few years before it stopped working and I got rid of it. Next replacement will have all the bells and whistles so she can afford to buy me a few Conley's.
Ah man REALLY?

Any way of getting it online? I want to see some decent pics and vids and they are SO hard to come by... [:@]

Its a lottery dream to own a Conley in a New Era MT. Too bad New Ear stopped making quarter scales a long time ago. It'll be that much harder to find one. But if the ship ever comes in I will not rest until I do find one!
Old 08-19-2005, 03:13 PM
drevil

I don't know if this was posted or not but here is a vid from conley.
http://www.conleyprecision.com/webhigh.rm