Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Saved by a front bumper

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 07:09 PM
hellya

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saved by a front bumper

Yep this bumper helped save my front end, my steering servo ect.............. it was probably a 30 mph impact

This bumper helped save my car because it sticks out in front of the tires and absorbed the impact. There was no damage to the front end at all and I was still able to drive the car
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49617.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	311574   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57214.jpg
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	311575   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89177.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	311576   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19694.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	311577  
Old 08-17-2005, 07:40 PM
JQuest64

Default RE: Saved by a front bumper

That was a sweet looking bumper, glad to see it went down with honor.
Apparently it was well worth the price.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:22 PM
Automan

Nice to see that those bumpers have a practical use to, and not a bling part only [sm=thumbup.gif] I'm sorry for your bumper, but hey... it have served it purpose well what i gathered

It reminds me when i jumped... by accidentally pushing the throttle at the wrong second, the car took a huge jump over a ditch and landed at the other side in the Forest, hit the brakes then boom into a three, I'm glad the brakes got the speed down so much... i could quite easy bend my king cobra bumper right back to shape of new again, but like i said.. they are on the car to protect, and when we notice by these accidents that they do protect the car, we are quite pleased... aren't we hellya

But your bumper protects more of the car then mine does, so i have to be more careful then you [:@]..

Keep up the good work of trying to kill your car, I'm doing my best to kill mine
No... not really, i like my MT so I'm not sending it into space, or driving outrageous insane, I'm driving it very hard but I'm not jumping over 3-4meters over ground in general, so I'm pretty nice guy that way But i do have a problem with driving to fast and being chased by old people on motorized karts
Old 08-17-2005, 08:33 PM
chowderhead72
My Feedback: (4)

Another shameless promotion?
Old 08-17-2005, 09:02 PM
hellya

ORIGINAL: chowderhead72

Another shameless promotion?
To show a picture of a bumper and a vehicle after a impact is a practical thing.

Every vender should show how their bumpers holds up after a impact so people can see the difference in bumpers and the protection they provide

I would like to see pictures of vehicles and the bumpers after a impact using these bumpers

Name:	Mk25908.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	311618   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35684.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	311619   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk27323.jpg
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	311620  
Old 08-17-2005, 09:13 PM
chowderhead72

And I guess it just so happens you sell that bumper. What a coincidence. You don't see Troy posting pictures touting Krikke Do you? How about Mike Extolling the virtue of Elcon and Monster Products do you? Even if they did They are PAID Members so that would be there prerogative. Belly up to the bar.....
Old 08-17-2005, 10:01 PM
hellya

So why is it your personal mission to bust my balls???? We have gone through this before with other posts those posts still exsist so there is nothing wrong........ I could have 3-4 other names like alot of the other dealers/people do........Why does what I do effect you so much?? Live and let live

All venders should be able to show their products and how they perform this way people can get the best buy for the buck.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:00 PM
chowderhead72

That is not my mission at all. Mad Wax is the one that let you have it last time I just diplomaticly agreed with some of his major points. I guess if TNB and RCU don't have an issue with your conduct I shouldn't either. I think your lack of ethics reflects FGHOPUPS in a bad light. [link=http://www.fg-hopups.com/]fg-hopups[/link]
Old 08-17-2005, 11:13 PM
hellya

Now see I never mentioned a website.... you did.... so you would be promoting my website....... thank you
Or
you could be trying to do the opposite
Old 08-18-2005, 01:36 AM
badz
My Feedback: (1)

It's a nice bumper...really nice...I'm kinda curious though why the tubing cracked? Was it welded in them area's or just cracked?
I wouldn't really say the bumper saved you entirely either...I crashed my XTM at about 40mph into a concrete lamp post head on and only broke a bulkhead and rod end and bent a few screws...cost me less than $25 to repair it with shipping....sure my bumper got a big chunk out of it but it wasn't broken. What did you hit also? Your bumper has no marks on it at all? I'm sure that kind of impact would place some marks on it. Nice bumper though...sucks you wrecked it....if ya hit a pole like me avoid them next time I don't see you promoting it though..it's just some crash pics...besides what business doesn't want to sell products....someday when I get the wife to let me buy a FG I'll add some of those bling items to it
Old 08-18-2005, 05:47 AM
Automan

I certainly didn't take it as a promotion for the product. And yes, they are nice to have for absorbing most of the impact in a collision.
Even my monster kobra bling fender helped me, so it's certainly much better to have one, then to not have something like this on the car for sure
Old 08-18-2005, 05:59 AM
original.mb

thats one tuff bumper there its great to see a product actually do its job as well as lookin' good
Old 08-18-2005, 06:48 AM
fourwheeler

Looks like the bumper did exactly what it was designed to do. BTW...nice carnage
Old 08-18-2005, 10:09 AM
JustxOnce
My Feedback: (7)

Good thread to start the morning. I bought that same bumper and its saved my MT on more than a few times. Its on the heavy side but hey its not there for racing.......
Old 08-18-2005, 11:14 AM
Mad Wax

Is there a UK seller for this bumper? I think it could've saved some damage to my crash a while ago (went into bushes, left front tyre flew off, broke lower ball socket, bent upper & lower left side wishbone pins, and hit and squashed pipe.

Or perhaps not (went too fast)
Old 08-18-2005, 11:25 AM
BILKO1

Those bumpers aren't what they are cracked up to be, i've had one for several months and have had to have it welded up 3 times. Also the plating is very poor and i had to enlongate the mounting holes to get it to fit. It sticks out the MT quite a bit and seems to flex under its own weight on bumpy tracks. I have had a couple of low speed impacts too but this thing broke before them. You pays your money and takes your choice, i'm glad i got it but i won't be rushing to get another. I'll post some pics later of where they break.
Old 08-18-2005, 11:26 AM
kengentry5000
My Feedback: (2)

Can the bumper be bended back out and be reused? If not then a $70 bumper was trashed to protect $20 - $30 in plastic. There's the labor savings of not having to replace broken parts but financially, is it worth it if the bumper can't be reused?

Ken
Old 08-18-2005, 11:48 AM
BILKO1

I bends back fine but i suspect it weakens when you do. I got it to protect my Elcon alloy @ £300+ if i had plastic i'd stick with the standard bumper.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:12 PM
JustxOnce
My Feedback: (7)

I bends back fine but i suspect it weakens when you do. I got it to protect my Elcon alloy @ £300+ if i had plastic i'd stick with the standard bumper.

AMEN!!!
Old 08-18-2005, 12:32 PM
deeppaul
My Feedback: (8)

I think the bumper should bend under a set stress point other wise you will bend the frame. Some thing has to give, better the bumper than the frame IMO. What I would like to see is a bumper that has some type of shock absorber in it so the socks take the force of the impact and not the bumper like the Wild Willy. I guess the big issue is speed and weight.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:36 PM
hellya

ORIGINAL: BILKO1

Those bumpers aren't what they are cracked up to be, i've had one for several months and have had to have it welded up 3 times. Also the plating is very poor and i had to enlongate the mounting holes to get it to fit. It sticks out the MT quite a bit and seems to flex under its own weight on bumpy tracks. I have had a couple of low speed impacts too but this thing broke before them. You pays your money and takes your choice, i'm glad i got it but i won't be rushing to get another. I'll post some pics later of where they break.
these bumpers are not plated.... they are a polished solid steel...... you may have mounted the bumper wrong

Did you cut this off before installing?... Does it sit like this to high (Mounted wrong)... this is a correct mounting

Name:	Bz79173.jpg
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	311928   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70780.jpg
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	311929   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ax73221.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	183.1 KB
ID:	311930   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11813.jpg
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	311931  
Old 08-18-2005, 01:02 PM
hellya

ORIGINAL: badz

It's a nice bumper...really nice...I'm kinda curious though why the tubing cracked? Was it welded in them area's or just cracked?
I wouldn't really say the bumper saved you entirely either...
Where the bumper came apart is where the bumper is welded together, it absorbed the impact and allowed me to keep on driving without having to replace anything................Wouldn't that would be saving my car

Name:	Ax72853.jpg
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	311941   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zw69299.jpg
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	311942  
Old 08-18-2005, 02:44 PM
BILKO1

ORIGINAL: hellya

ORIGINAL: BILKO1

these bumpers are not plated.... they are a polished solid steel...... you may have mounted the bumper wrong

Did you cut this off before installing?... Does it sit like this to high (Mounted wrong)... this is a correct mounting
I didn't cut anything off, i didn't come with any instuctions so i put it on as is. The holes in the piece you show cut off nearly lined up with the chassis so i put it on after minor adjustments. Mine looks like picture 2 when mounted, is this wrong then??
Old 08-18-2005, 03:22 PM
hellya

You dont have to cut off that piece, you can leave it on but you want that piece past the front end......... you need to mount the bumper further back thats all, leave just enough room for the tires to turn left and right without hitting bumper

Name:	Jh14643.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	311985   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz79441.jpg
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	311986   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43233.jpg
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	311987  
Old 08-18-2005, 04:34 PM
hpiguy

ORIGINAL: hellya

Those don't look polished, they look plated. How do you polish a weld and get it that shiny? It sure resembles plating. Plus if the welds popped like that, they are horrible welds. If welded good the weld will NEVER break before the metal itself. A good weld becomes stronger than the surrounding metal. That thing looks very poorly welded. But that's my opinion.

So if I order that bumper I have to hack off half the thing before mounting it? That's a huge piece of the bumper you removed there. What kind of steel cutters did you need for that? And why would you sell a bumper that has to have half cut off before installing?

Just some questions.............

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.