Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

My FG Evo 2

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2005, 02:50 AM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My FG Evo 2

here is a small video:
http://mse-rlg1.eng.ohio-state.edu/p...l/mov02015.mpg

Old 08-20-2005, 03:39 AM
jimbo1890

Default RE: My FG Evo 2

Lying to friends and family is the test of a true addict!

My advice is to stop the deciet and if they can't handle the truth the standard "Would you rather me spend the money on drugs and hookers?" works well
Old 08-20-2005, 04:54 AM
original.mb

looks good bro welcome to the big dogs club hope you enjoy your new large scale. i am 33 and still telling the mrs it cost me a tenner when in reality it was 5 x that
Old 08-20-2005, 01:17 PM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

hahahaha and i though i was the only one lol [>:]

Old 08-20-2005, 10:25 PM
fourwheeler

I have found it is best not to lie to the Mrs. The way around that is to avoid the question all together
Old 08-20-2005, 10:53 PM
teamchrome
My Feedback: (4)

Very nice! Im in need of some on road tires for my buggy..
Old 08-21-2005, 05:32 AM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

ORIGINAL: fourwheeler

I have found it is best not to lie to the Mrs. The way around that is to avoid the question all together

i believe...trying to avoid it will make more trouble...and you know what i have found out...EVERY FRIKKIN SINGLE HUMAN BEING!!!!! when they see my car....the firs thing they do!!!!!....is ask "how much did you pay for it?"....damn i get pissed when they say that...who cares how much it costs...i am having fun...end of story
when a complte newbie askes me that question i say i bought it from walmart for $120...and i show them what a a $120 "toy" can do lol

but maybe you are right...because if suddenly one day they find out that it actually costs more and you lied to them [>:] [&o]

i'm good at keeping secrets so....lol
Old 08-21-2005, 05:33 AM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

ORIGINAL: teamchrome

Very nice! Im in need of some on road tires for my buggy..
thanks, tired of offroading? lol

Until today i can't decide on which one is more fun...an onroad or offroad [&:]
Old 08-21-2005, 05:39 AM
radio_controlled_mad

thanks, tired of offroading? lol

Until today i can't decide on which one is more fun...an onroad or offroad [&:]

BOTH ARE FUN TILL U HIT SOMETHING
Old 08-21-2005, 06:11 AM
HaveBlue

I'm 41, I dont care what people think, I use to be a rev head in my youth , I dont ever want to grow out of this, I can race these things all I like, no speeding tickets , no one telling me I'll kill myself one day and no need to spend weekend after weekend working on or under a real ride I actually had to go tricked autos as I got sick of pulling out gearboxes every 3 months to change stupid clutch plates , even if they were brass clutches...only down side ..only SLIGHTLY cheaper than the real deal
just enjoy what you like..

ps I had to throw in the odd lie about the price of some of these toys too!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50890.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	313077   Click image for larger version

Name:	He97337.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	313078   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz79462.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	313079  
Old 08-21-2005, 06:51 AM
RCcrazy1979
Banned
My Feedback: (-2)

It is impossible to lie to my wife. She does all the banking pays all the bilss and double and triple checks all credit card bills. So when I want a part or a new truck i have to ask. She didnt let me buy anything for a couple months about 2 years ago when I spendt 2k on super maxx parts. She said that is two damn mortgage payments and you want to buy toys. I looked her straight in the eye with a fierce look and said "but honey its not a toy" thats all it took and I was cut off from money for a bit lmao. But the simple truth is I would rather see everyone putting thier money into a hobby like this or maybe upgrading your computer what ever you are into at your age of 20. Then out spending it on stuff like alchohol and drugs and getting into trouble. good luck with it bud hope you love it and stick with it!
Old 08-21-2005, 08:06 AM
StefanL

Haha good story Revo!

I have my own money so the missus doesn´t really know how much I spend. But she understands that it costs plenty though, so if I get too much fun stuff she starts to wonder where allt the nice presents for her are! So I try to hide how much I spend.

I would pay cash money though to see the expression on your wifes´s face when you said that "But honey it´s not a toy" thing... Priceless!

Stefan
Old 08-21-2005, 03:47 PM
fourwheeler

Yea that is a vid I would like to see;
Old 08-21-2005, 04:11 PM
drevil
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: Dr.ArmoMaxx
when they see my car....the firs thing they do!!!!!....is ask "how much did you pay for it?"....damn i get pissed when they say that...who cares how much it costs...i am having fun...end of story
I totally agree. Every single person who has seen my marder asks one of two questions. Either it's "How much did it cost" or "Can i try" Then just about every one of them look at me like i'm insane when i say what it costs. Personally i really don't care what they think. They are the ones staring at me drooling over my "toy" and it's not my problem they are too cheap to have some fun. [:-]

Besides that in all reality this hobby is relatively cheap. I'm also into full size rides (not to mention a hundred other hobbies) and they make this hobby seem extremely cheap.

EDIT: LOL I just remembered something. Last summer my step father tried my marder. While he's blasting it around he asked "how much was it" So i told him that it was only $600 and he almost died. He stopped running it right there and said something about not wanting to have to pay for something he breaks on it. I can only imagine him passing out if i said how much it actually costs rtr.
Old 08-21-2005, 08:59 PM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

hahaha stories are hilariously funny lol

Old 08-21-2005, 09:34 PM
p113

the thing is that all my mates think im obsesed with RCs and my second hobby motor boating espically RIBS anyway when they eventually found out how much my marder cost they couldnt understand why and yet many people my age spent £100s on PS2 games having vast collectons on them (40 quid a go by the way) im sure u will agree that game dont come close to thrashing an FG around a field rather thank sat in front of a screen waiting for the next level to load. But im not completly agaist games i just dont spend that kind of money on them because i buy pc games which are cheaper and usually have beeter graphics that the crap box saying PS2 on the side of it cus i built the family pc i accidentally included a few things such as a nice ATI X700 3.4Ghz HT P4 load of RAM and surround sound and i too lie mainly to my family when they say wat have you got now and how much did that cost i just make up a price when if they dont belive me i just say come here and ill show you knowing that there not gonna come over.

but its always so that when you start to use the car people around u always wanta go even though they think its over priced cant imagin why
Old 08-21-2005, 10:58 PM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

haha thats i love video games as well man

i put together my own pc..p4 3.4 LGA775 with asus p5ad2 925x chipset, 1GB DDR2 ram, Nvidia 6600GT, etc.
and i only playes games online...righ now i only play BF2
Old 08-21-2005, 11:03 PM
p113

lol same proccessor
mines a intel motherboard same LGA775 socket
1.5Gb ofRAM
X700 PCI express
160Gb hardisk ATA
what case u got mines the thermaltake tsunami dream with window, harcano13 and lots of neons of course i was gonna get water cooling but got suomething for the marder instead

yeh the only game i play is BF2 at the moment wats your screen name