Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

PICS OF HOME MADE BIG TOYS

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 09:39 PM
Rampede

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PICS OF HOME MADE BIG TOYS

pleaze post all the pics or vids vids would be great. post all of them you ave of your home build large scale big toys. i LOOOOVE them but i have yet to build one i want to build on with a 4 hp horizontal shaft motor with a c clutch please post pics!!! im hungry buh bye
Old 08-27-2005, 04:59 PM
p113

Default RE: PICS OF HOME MADE BIG TOYS

there was something a while back that had some home made large scales try searching through the threads you should find it
Old 08-27-2005, 06:51 PM
Automan

A BIG thread of this kind already exists in here, you don't have to search for long to find it. There is allot of pictures and ideas, so go to that thread and you will find what you are looking for.
Old 08-27-2005, 07:27 PM
Soloratov
My Feedback: (1)

There is a big thread of large scale pics, but it doesn't showcase many home made ones, mostly FGs and the like. Nothing original. I will add some more pics of my project in a week or so, we are moving at work, so my ability to build is on hold for a little bit.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:43 PM
Rampede

dang i wanted to see some home made ones because the fg's are all the same who cares?? lol unless theres home made mods or anything
Old 08-29-2005, 04:12 PM
Automan

There isn't many that have the time and proper equipment to make a bigscale car of quality, so it may not be that many who will post.

On the other hand, there is allot who modify their fg's etc, and make cool/practical stuff for it. Mainly people buy a fg to have a quality car without having to build it, and then buy bling stuff later on as they want new stuff for it.

For me personally, i would rather have assembled my fg myself... buying it as a kit and sitting there taking those parts and put them together, that would have been nice. And i know many here in this forum thinks the same way.

I don't have any heavy machinery.. like a mill etc, i just have a dremmel and bunch of your most used tools etc, and i have access to welding and mills not far from here.
I usually do stuff together with my grandpa because he likes to have something to do.. he likes these cars also, and i like having him around to help me weld.. but i can weld pretty good myself, but anyways... it's down to time, i don't have much time to make stuff right now in my life, and i think thats the problem with many in here to []
Old 08-29-2005, 09:22 PM
Rampede

ooooooo that stinks. I am building a go kart right now and i am using a dremel a grinder a hacksaw a wire welder and some pipe im making a swingarm for the back suspension. do you know where i can get a shock for it? like an adjustab;e one , two would work but 1 is cheaper.
Old 08-30-2005, 04:15 PM
drevil
My Feedback: (5)

Full size gokart? How about looking on ebay for a shock off an atv? Most of them are coil over with ride height adjustments, and aftermarket ones have rebound, etc adjustments but they're usually big bucks.
[link=http://search.ebay.com/atv-shock_Parts-Accessories_W0QQcatrefZC12QQfromZR8QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ 1QQsacatZ6028]Ebay search: "Atv Shock"[/link]

Automan: I totally agree, i would have loved to build my FG from a kit. I always try to steer newbies to building kits rather than getting a rtr. That is the one thing i'm really not into when it comes to alot of the new r/c's out there. It seems as though all of the popular stuff (savages, t-maxxs etc) all come rtr and nobody builds kits anymore. When i got into this hobby just about all r/c's were in kit form and to me half the fun is in building it.
Old 08-30-2005, 04:57 PM
StefanL

And also, build-it-yourself kits would be cheaper.

I don´t like to pay some guy to assemble a kit I can just as well put together myself...

Stefan
Old 08-30-2005, 05:08 PM
Automan

Rampede, i would recommend the same as drevil, and look after some good gocart dealer nearby, they may very well help you out.
I'm impressed that you are making your own gocart, hope to see some pictures as the project goes on.

I'm pretty into making a crossing between a dunebuggy and a atv, would be nice

drevil, i must say.. somethings where better in the old days when i was coming into this RC hobby in my early days, almost everything was kits that you had to build your self, and that was half the fun with it... that was almost the best part, building it It's just sad that almost everything nowdays comes rtr
Old 08-30-2005, 05:32 PM
drevil
My Feedback: (5)

BTW They do actually sell shocks for offroad gokarts. http://www.gokartsupply.com/shocks.htm
I think you would probably find that used stock atv shocks are cheaper, but i'm not sure how well an atv shock that is rated for a 300-400lb atv will work on a 100lb go kart.