Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Whats the difference ???

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 04:53 PM
voo2doo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats the difference ???

Hi ya fellas
As I said before got me new FG MT today and am going to sort the radio gear out for it.Just reding one of the posts and a fella said he bought a digi servo from abroad and it burnt out within 2 months! What is the difference between Digital and normal? Do ya need special radio gear?(I'm running a JR XR2 FM for my 1/5 scales)
Oh,and does anyone in the UK know of a JR dealer,as I dont really want to have two radio sets,just another JR reciver.
Thanx Fellas
Vo0[&:]
Old 08-26-2005, 05:07 PM
Monstrous

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Whats the difference ???

you dont need special radio gear for digi servos, they are fine on standard radios

digital tends to be more powerful and smoother than analogue, but it will eat up you battery faster

make sure you have a decent GP3300 6v Rx pack

make sure you use an alloy servo head too, or at least a reinforced plastic one

i bought a HiTec 5745 digi servo with 17Kg of torque and i know if that was using a plastic head it would just bend or snap it, luckily it came fitted with an alloy one

Monstrous