Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Wanted: Bigger monster wheels...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Wanted: Bigger monster wheels...

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 09:33 AM
Automan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanted: Bigger monster wheels...

I'm looking for Monster wheels, with some real good grip. It is mainly for climbing rocks and going trough mud etc... like a truck trial, i think you know what i mean. And it's for 1/5 - 1/4 scale, please come with some ideas if you got the time, would be nice to have some ideas gathered here in this thread

I know Soloratov is looking for something similar to: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3298860/tm.htm

So any help getting closer to these things are greatly appreciated. For me it would be nice if the wheels are in England, or some part in Europe for example Maybe in Sweden

I'm looking for something like on the New Era monster truck, or prefer tires that are more beefed up with better grip for mud and rock climbing. They are NOT going on my fg bigfoot.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:52 PM
drevil
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Wanted: Bigger monster wheels...

If i'm not mistaken the New Era monster truck used racing kart tires just like I told Soloratov to look into. Otherwise you could always goto the local tractor supply and see what tires they have. I've seen some lawn tractor tires that would be perfect for a really large r/c truck.
Old 08-29-2005, 04:17 PM
Automan

I have been around a few places the last week, but so far i haven't found anything nice. But maybe i will. Thanks anyways drevil.

I just thought that maybe someone knew a good place... maybe a online store that had some really cool tires with nice rims to go
Old 08-29-2005, 05:16 PM
mightycasey
Banned

Their are not any tires with a 4"-5" or 6" rim size that have a real aggressive tread design. Everything is turf saver only design. You would have to go up to the 8"-10" rim size to get a tractor style tread design (tiller style). The problems with those tires are the weight ,width of the tire and gearing would have to be changed. N.T.S. You are best to modify a tire buy cutting in the aggressive tire design to keep the T.S. appearance and save weight.
Old 08-31-2005, 03:36 PM
pehter aka ibbe

http://jula.se/Butik/docs/produkt.as...f_id=SE-321019
http://jula.se/Butik/docs/produkt.as...f_id=SE-321017
http://jula.se/Butik/docs/produkt.as...f_id=SE-321021

Or do you want bigger?
Old 08-31-2005, 03:59 PM
Automan

Thanks, I'm going to check that out to, thanks pehter !! [sm=thumbup.gif][sm=biggrin.gif] Btw, what are you up to these days ?? haven't seen you around for a long while my friend. Do pm me if you got the time, i want a update [sm=thumbup.gif]

I had found some go-cart wheels with cool tread design.. their rain tires, and i have also found out that i can get very aggressive treads getting those special winter tires that they sell to go-carts. I will try to go to a go-cart place soon to get a better more exact estimate on the size and weight of them. a set of 4 tires and 4 rims would land about 4000kr i think, and they do look good.
Now i know what they use on those New Era Bigfoot's