Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

FG Stadium truck #1

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 02:43 AM
mnf1sand

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FG Stadium truck #1

First production truck shown at ihobby this week.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57161.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	342751  
Old 10-23-2005, 02:48 AM
StefanL

Default RE: FG Stadium truck #1

To me it doesn´t look all that different to the MT. Except for a lower stance and smaller tires...

Is there any other difference between the two?
Old 10-23-2005, 02:52 AM
mnf1sand

The body has been cutout, add a wing, and two body mounts. Plus the new stadium truck rubber also. The platform is the same.
Old 10-23-2005, 04:41 AM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

oh man this mt5 is turning into a tmaxx [&o]
Old 10-23-2005, 04:50 AM
original.mb

i like the tyre tread
Old 10-23-2005, 06:38 AM
jeepfreak1972

Are those the tires it will come with and what size are they. I'm tired of the monster tires and was going to get some marder wheel and tires but a set of those would be a nice compromise of height and width for my MB. In fact I was about to make it into a marder but now I'm thinking stadium truck make over might be in the works.
Old 10-23-2005, 08:48 AM
SELWA
My Feedback: (1)

I'm pretty sure it comes with disk brakes in the front and the wheels are monster slicks.
Old 10-23-2005, 09:13 AM
ammdrew

Those are the production tires and wheels.
Old 10-23-2005, 10:14 AM
rfaster

Yep - its a MT. Tires look nice though.
ORIGINAL: StefanL

To me it doesn´t look all that different to the MT. Except for a lower stance and smaller tires...

Is there any other difference between the two?
Old 10-23-2005, 12:09 PM
tizdaz

The stadium truck body is very nice
Old 10-23-2005, 02:09 PM
Canadian_RC
Banned

Anybody else getting sick of FG putting different bodies and tires on the same chassis?
Old 10-23-2005, 02:15 PM
jeepfreak1972

Yes.
Old 10-23-2005, 02:36 PM
wyattroa

yeah whats with the beatle "pro"?? isnt that jsut the mosnter truck with the beatle body? and have we not already figured out that the beatle handles better then the truck does woth 4 shocks instead of 8?
robert
Old 10-23-2005, 02:47 PM
quantum2plus2

ORIGINAL: wyattroa

yeah whats with the beatle "pro"?? isnt that jsut the mosnter truck with the beatle body? and have we not already figured out that the beatle handles better then the truck does woth 4 shocks instead of 8?
robert
It Does???

Someone better tell my fg monster truck that then.
Its all down to how you set the suspention up
Old 10-24-2005, 06:42 AM
SELWA

The Beetle pro is better to get that the MT-5 because the body alone is much stronger. If you want to get a MB why not go for the MB-pro. You get a stronger body, 4 more shocks, the side aluminum rails ($60 each alone!!), Bigger front shock tower and reinforced front roll cage which connects to the shock tower. If you don't like the 8 shocks sell some and keep some for parts. When I had the MB the spings were a bit longer and stiffer than the MT ones.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:12 AM
radio_controlled_mad

ORIGINAL: FG_RC

Anybody else getting sick of FG putting different bodies and tires on the same chassis?
im not - makes it easier as well as cheaper to convert your model into somthing else.no big deal having the same shape chassi,doesnt effect peformance of the car so what gain would you get from changeing the shape/design.

edit: how many bodies/conversion has xtm brought out to fit your model chassi
Old 10-24-2005, 07:20 AM
Mad Wax

radio_controlled_mad good point. If every single model were totally different in design/parts then it is very very likely part production for that model will be stopped. It would be uneconomical for FG to continue stocking parts for old discontinued models. Take for a example 5 year old nitro car- can you still find parts? Have the newer models got the exact same parts?
Old 10-24-2005, 09:19 AM
tizdaz

Good point but then at the same time at least we dont need to spend £600 on the new model, I love the idea that i can swap body's over to the Stadium truck body no probs instead of having to spend £100's on a new model if i wanted a stadium truck (which i do want!) All im going to need to do is swap bodys to change from 1 type to another :-)

& as someone else said, getting parts for the older models will be no probs as theyre still being used on the latest models :-)
Old 10-24-2005, 09:46 AM
chevyman_de

ORIGINAL: jeepfreak1972

Are those the tires it will come with and what size are they.
As aamdrew wrote these are the tires that come with the car. 165 mm dia x 90 mm width. Foam inserts are included.

And no, the monster slicks or the original MT5 tires do not fit, they hit the body shell badly when mounted to their stock (MT-) rims. As with fullsize trucks there's a difference in useable tire size depending on whether you have a body lift installed or not. However, it is possible to use the monster slicks with leopard rims and two (!) extension rings per wheel on the outside. Some fender cutting at the front axle may still be necessary.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:16 AM
Canadian_RC
Banned

I also find it good that they are just putting new tires and bodies on their cars, but to do it for 10 years is uncalled for. Yes, the design is great, but its about time they came out with something new.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:49 AM
radio_controlled_mad

I also find it good that they are just putting new tires and bodies on their cars, but to do it for 10 years is uncalled for. Yes, the design is great, but its about time they came out with something new.
name one large scale company that offers more than 4 offroaders.its a good thing fg dont make there parts exclusive for each model,makes getting spares a lot easier and cheaper

fg have released the mt,mb,mb pro,leopard race,marder race + evo 4 & other onroad cars in the last 18 month - big deal if they share the same chassi and some have other parts in common,why should fg start from scratch instead of building on whats already good design.

edit: should of added they will soon release the new stadium truck,yes same chassi but more variety than any other large scale company,there not charging extra on whats already out there.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:31 AM
No Moa

ORIGINAL: radio_controlled_mad

name one large scale company that offers more than 4 offroaders.its a good thing fg dont make there parts exclusive for each model,makes getting spares a lot easier and cheaper

fg have released the mt,mb,mb pro,leopard race,marder race + evo 4 & other onroad cars in the last 18 month - big deal if they share the same chassi and some have other parts in common,why should fg start from scratch instead of building on whats already good design.

edit: should of added they will soon release the new stadium truck,yes same chassi but more variety than any other large scale company,there not charging extra on whats already out there.
I agree!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-24-2005, 01:11 PM
ibstar

i don't mind them all being on the same platform but why continue with the marder/beetle/truck chassis
when the leopard chassis is better, put none adjustable turnbuckles on for the standard version for the noobs and carry on that way, i am sure if the standard car came with tuned pipe and clear shell they woulud shift more units.
the interchangability of parts is a must as far as fg are consernd,
mad wax is right i got a old nitro monster here it needs a piston and liner but can i get one NO i have to pay £90 to exchange the motor for a new one so here it sits with no motor
Old 10-24-2005, 01:19 PM
radio_controlled_mad

ORIGINAL: ibstar

i don't mind them all being on the same platform but why continue with the marder/beetle/truck chassis
when the leopard chassis is better - i am sure if the standard car came with tuned pipe and clear shell they woulud shift more units
those cars based on the marder chassi are 1/6 scale - the leopard is 1/5 scale & comes with tuned pipe and clear shell as standard but having those extra options gives it a bigger price tag.
Old 10-24-2005, 03:38 PM
rfaster

Is the Leopard 1/5th scale? I understood that it has a longer chasis - but sitting it side by side to my other FG's (MT, MB) it looks the same SCALE.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.