Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

10% off FG kits in US only through 12/31/05

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

10% off FG kits in US only through 12/31/05

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 04:49 PM
kengentry5000
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 10% off FG kits in US only through 12/31/05

An FG dealer named Orient Hobbies is offering a 10% discount on all FG vehicles until 12/31. Their regular prices are in line with other US FG dealers. You can get a Leopard for $1350 US with the discount. Get an MT-5 for $1090 with discount. Deal only applies to US customers apparently. They also state that if a vehicle is out of stock but ordered before 12/31 they will honor the discount when the vehicle is back in stock.

Don't know their shipping terms or their reputation.

Main page:
http://www.orienttoyshobbies.net/index_004.htm

News page has info on discount:
http://www.orienttoyshobbies.net/news.html

Ken
Old 12-20-2005, 04:54 PM
radio_controlled_mad

Default RE: 10% off FG kits in US only through 12/31/05

i have seen orient hobbies post on here before but cant remeber hid i.d.......is the shop in usa or as the names suggest in asia as i have bought radio gear from orient hobbies in hong kong - was half the price we pay in uk...even the fgs at those prices seem a bit cheaper than what we pay

edit: i see you added links..im sure its same guy that post on here now & again
Old 12-20-2005, 07:02 PM
speedbuggy67

Ken-
If you are looking into buying an fg, go to rcnutshobbies.com and check out Mike's prices. They are 5-10$ higher but you get free shipping and extra alloy parts to boot!
Old 12-20-2005, 07:42 PM
Big Boys Toys and Hobbies

I just received 3 stadium trucks. I have free shipping on them also, thanks

Chris

www.bigboystoysandhobbies.com
Old 12-20-2005, 08:00 PM
No Moa
My Feedback: (1)

i think orient is in New Jersey? or NC.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:21 AM
kengentry5000
My Feedback: (2)

Hey SpeedBuggy,

I wish I was in the market for a new kit. I am beefing up my Firehammer for now.

I agree about RC Nut's - Mike has been very helpful and nice to everyone in the forum. I just thought it was news worthy and seemed buried on the Orient Toys web site.

I did not research the shipping details. Mike is offering free shipping so the 'turn-key' price is probably about the same.

I am also a firm beleiver in buying with a reputable dealer. I personally am willing to spend a little more for an item if I am convinced the company knows what they are doing on the support side.

I wish I would have done more homework before buying the Firehammer. I bought it through a local hobby shop that knows electric and nitro well. They wanted to help with the Firehammer but did not stock parts for it and did not truly understand the car. I looked at FG but the up-front out of pocket expense made me queasy. Now after I have bashed my Firehammer I understand the value in FG (at least the Leopard). I have replaced the engine with a Zenoah 26cc, have a limited slip diff and want a pipe and upgraded shocks.

The Firehammer is a great out of the box value but once you start to break/repair it and pour hop-ups into it you get close to FG Leopard pricing.

Maybe RC Nut's and fg-hopups will be able to help me get a few more items for the Firehammer next year that will get me where I want the car to be.

Ken
Old 12-21-2005, 12:07 PM
speedbuggy67

Ken-
When I looked at the price of a MB and then the cost of hop-ups to make it run reliably, I decided to buy a used one. I found ICECREAMSLICK wanted to sell his but it needed diff work. He had already bought the steel gears, front disc brakes, 3300 receiver pack and quite a few other hop-ups plus he already had servos installed. I like to take them apart anyway so buying a broken one seemed the thing to do. I like my traxxas monster buggy but the beetle always gets more attention when I get my rc's out.
Mark
Old 12-21-2005, 12:56 PM
SELWA

Yes buying a used one is a great way to get into large scale. My MB was $950RTR (CAD) and came with front alloy uprights and a coreless Futaba Servo as well. If the same guy wants to sell his Leopard race I may get it!!
Old 12-21-2005, 01:27 PM
No Moa

Just remember, shop around, i did and scored some great deals on FG stuff.