Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
 Throttle / brake Servo recommendations >

Throttle / brake Servo recommendations

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Throttle / brake Servo recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 02:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle / brake Servo recommendations

Hello to all,

There has been a lot of discussions about steering servos for MT's. and wondering if the same servos Hitec 805bb, Mutiplex rhino, or Hitec HS-5745mg that many use for steering would be also used for throttle and brake. I believe you can also use standard servo sizes but not sure what servo specs would be a good fit. Any input would be great!

Thanks,

Old 01-19-2006, 06:52 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Throttle / brake Servo recommendations

For throttle and brake you will need a servo with atleast 125oz/in of torque. You will need a much stronger servo in the third slot for front brakes if decide to use cable brakes. Hitec models 625,645,5625,5645 will all work fine at less than major expense. To use a 5745 or and 805 you would have to make the servo fit the radio plate. The 805 would work great for cable brakes if you can make it fit the radio plate.
Old 01-19-2006, 07:40 PM
My Feedback: (4)

For standard brake/throttle I use the Hitec 645mg, more than enough power..
Old 01-19-2006, 08:10 PM

i use mpex rhino digi 4 for steering & mpex power speed for throttle/brake, check my webby under FG/servos for more info if u want @ www.rctruckz.com :-)
Old 01-19-2006, 09:59 PM

The Jr 8611A is a great working servo for throttle/brake.
Old 01-20-2006, 12:01 AM

645 works for me
Old 01-20-2006, 06:51 AM
My Feedback: (1)

I use a 805 for steering, a 5645 for throttle/rear cable brakes, and a Futaba coreless for front cable brakes. If you were to use a 805 for brakes and made it fit in the radio tray you are still using 800mah PER 1/4 scale servo, so it's gonna such you battery dry quicker!!
Old 01-20-2006, 09:51 AM

Are the JR Z270 Standard Race Servo & JR Z590 Hi-Torque Race Servo's that come with the Spektrum DX3 any good for a MT or Marder?
Old 01-20-2006, 10:15 AM

Hello all,

Exactly what I needed and much appreciated... My radio tray has a large scale servo openning for throttle and break (one servo for both) with adapters for a smaller servo.

Thanks again!
Old 01-20-2006, 11:00 AM

Hitec 5745 for steering and use Hitec 945 for throttle/brake. The 945 is a coreless servo, which is recommended throttle/brake.
Old 01-20-2006, 12:45 PM

Remember if you use the Hi-Tec 5745 be sure to set the EPA to about 70-80% ..i know alot of people havent had any probs but i know alot have by reading these boards & one way around it is by setting the EPA to avoid burn-outs, this is why i chose mpex servo in the end.

Ive had no problems so far, for a review on servos (including a more detailed description of hi-tec servo) you can read my article on my webby :-)
Old 01-20-2006, 01:19 PM

mpex rhino & hitc 5475mg are the same servos - apart from the rhino has a beefier output shaft...thats acording to hitec/mpex support,epa needs to be adjusted on all servos to avoid damage not just on the 5475.i read your article on your webby comparing hitec against mpex - the fact is there both the same company just rebranding for europe and the usa,but a mpex rhio will cost around £20-30 more in the uk

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3782649/tm.htm
Old 01-20-2006, 03:00 PM

I have the 645MG for throttle/brake and the 805BB for steering. It seems to be popular so I'll leave them as they are. My EPA's are backed off to around 85% so the servos shouldn't be working too hard.
Old 01-20-2006, 03:25 PM

yeh the 805 are decent servos for the price - but in a crash i had the nylon gear snap clean off were it attaches to the servo horn in the 805,,,easily fixed with a new gear set for £3
Old 01-20-2006, 04:11 PM

ORIGINAL: radio_controlled_mad

mpex rhino & hitc 5475mg are the same servos - apart from the rhino has a beefier output shaft...thats acording to hitec/mpex support,epa needs to be adjusted on all servos to avoid damage not just on the 5475.i read your article on your webby comparing hitec against mpex - the fact is there both the same company just rebranding for europe and the usa,but a mpex rhio will cost around £20-30 more in the uk

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3782649/tm.htm
aye true, i know they are now same company, but they were different companys altogether to begin with i thought (i mgiht be wrong but im sure i read it was only a year or so ago they merged) ? ive never read any problems on the mpex having this particular problem ive only ever seen it discussed on the certain hi-tec one, one article i did read was the hi-tec servos were shipped with the EPA at 100+% (even at 110% in some cases) whereas mpex they are shipped under 100%, but still, after reading the articles i came across i played it safe & went with mpex, Even when ordering from kevs he said in the past 7 or so years hes used hi-tecs he never had any probs with them at all, but it would be my luck that id have one of the *duff* ones!

imo both servos are good/quality servos, they both do the job, but like i said, the only reason why i went mpex was because of the problems i heard about some of them, oh & i like the bright red color!!

edit! ..i jus looked up & it was a merge, apparantly the servos are still made at different locations using there *own* technology, to what i read it seems it was more of a marketing merge than anything else, so both companys servos would become more vailable across the world & not just europe/usa etc.

http://www.rcmmagazine.com/shows/200...itec-press.pdf