Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Moving up!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 09:10 AM
Flatline74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moving up!

I have a Fire Hammer and love it. But, I have always wanted a FG MT or MB. This would be the ultimate for me. My question is where would I get my best price. I have found a couple of web sites and prices are about 200$ diff between the two and not sure if one is more reputable than the other. What else would be in my best intrest to order when buying the buggy/truck? Thanks for reading and any help!
Old 02-05-2006, 09:51 AM
hndaman1
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: Moving up!

So are you selling the Hammer or are you kepping it?
Old 02-05-2006, 10:10 AM
kengentry5000
My Feedback: (2)

I'd recommend sticking with RCNuts, FGPerfomanceRC, VSMotorsports, SBRacing or Mozler. These vendors are regulars here and seem to really know their stuff. All of them have great prices and specials. They also stock many brands of hop-ups and have provided great advice on which work best based on your needs.

You may find a cheaper vendor out there but is it really worth it for such a large and complex model? In the past I worked in consumer electronics retail at many different kinds of stores. I have found you get what you pay for with customer service.

Just my $0.02

Ken
Old 02-05-2006, 10:16 AM
Flatline74

I could sell the FH I guess , really had not thought about it. Thanks Ken, I am thinking about buying from one of those you had mentioned. I am still working on convincing the wife but I am about 90% there with that and will have that finished before the afternoon is out hehe.
Old 02-05-2006, 10:22 AM
kengentry5000
My Feedback: (2)

Well if it only takes you that long to convince the wife, then you're coming over to brainwash my wife next

Good Luck with the "Ways and Means Committe".

Ken
Old 02-05-2006, 10:31 AM
Flatline74

Well, she is coming out better than what we started with this weekend. I was going to purchase a 00' Honda VFR for 6k and decided that I do not need another bike so I am looking at it like she is saving 4500$ lol.
Old 02-05-2006, 10:42 AM
hndaman1

ORIGINAL: Flatline74

I could sell the FH I guess , really had not thought about it. Thanks Ken, I am thinking about buying from one of those you had mentioned. I am still working on convincing the wife but I am about 90% there with that and will have that finished before the afternoon is out hehe.

boy, I just say honey can I have this and she just says ok[sm=lol.gif] I think you need too take her out for a romantic dinner today too seal the deal
Old 02-05-2006, 10:44 AM
hndaman1

Well, she is coming out better than what we started with this weekend. I was going to purchase a 00' Honda VFR for 6k and decided that I do not need another bike so I am looking at it like she is saving 4500$ lol.
sweet a vfr, I had a 90 with a RC30 engine stuffed in it, I sold it last fall too someone in texas
Old 02-05-2006, 10:50 AM
teamchrome
My Feedback: (4)

Im the man of the house around here!! [>:]...........Untill she comes home...
Old 02-05-2006, 10:56 AM
Flatline74

ORIGINAL: teamchrome

Im the man of the house around here!! [>:]...........Untill she comes home...
Ha! Thats what I say. She is a sweet heart though. She has to be to put up with my hair brained ideas at times. IE: a new 1/5 scale RC
Old 02-05-2006, 11:20 AM
nitro-guy

The last few posts reminded me of a guy I worked with. He is the biggest man I've ever seen, but he is a "teddy bear" around women.
One day he told me "I'm not afraid of my wife........ I can run faster than she can!"

To stay on topic, Yeah, I understand it is difficult to get "approved" for one R/C, but let alone 2. Heck, sometimes I have a hard time just getting parts
Old 02-05-2006, 11:38 AM
kiora

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I wear the trousers in our house [>:] .......................she just tells me which pair lol

I think it only boils down to which body you like the best, apart from number of shocks on the non pro MB they are the same.

Personaly I would get the cheaper one and buy an alloy diff with the difference. You will break the end off of a plastic one. We have had at least 5 monsters at our track and they all suffered the diff breaking in the same place. oh yeah and get a steel pinion.

you could go mad with buying parts I would say for a monster (again) alloy diff, steel pinion,maybe alloy gear carrier plate and a spare spark plug. everthing else should hold up pretty well.

Col.
Old 02-05-2006, 11:42 AM
MnMikeRC

This is the best time of year to get your dream rc trucks. Just take your wives out for Valentines dinner, buy her some flowers, some jewelry and you are home free.
Old 02-05-2006, 12:46 PM
carpy100

I have a Fire Hammer and love it. But, I have always wanted a FG MT or MB. This would be the ultimate for me. My question is where would I get my best price. I have found a couple of web sites and prices are about 200$ diff between the two and not sure if one is more reputable than the other. What else would be in my best intrest to order when buying the buggy/truck? Thanks for reading and any help!
pm. sent mate.
Old 02-05-2006, 05:45 PM
Flatline74

Well the bargaining with the wife is over and I placed my order this afternoon!!! I ordered the Monster Beetle Pro. I was settling for the Fire Hammer last year, and its still a great buggy. This is just the ultimate RC for me . Can't WAIT!
Old 02-05-2006, 06:03 PM
carpy100

wouldnt get rid of the hamster just yet! they are entirely different beasts, you deffinitely got best of both worlds tho.they handle completely different.
Old 02-05-2006, 06:07 PM
carpy100

forgot to say, read my "best fun i had" thread. you really want to do dhe diff mod BEFORE your first bashing, wish i had cos the damage is shocking[&o]
Old 02-09-2006, 07:45 PM
Flatline74

My MG Beetle Pro and Nomadio radio is here and I am in LOVE! Thanks to Mike at http://www.fgperformancerc.com. Very easy to do business with! Now I just have to work on painting the body. I have always just painted single color plain bodies but I think this one deserves that something extra.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85525.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	405224  
Old 02-10-2006, 10:20 PM
MnMikeRC

Glad to see the Monster Beetle Pro sitting in your house. Now if we only seen the grin when you opened the box.
Old 02-11-2006, 03:29 AM
Flatline74

That may have been a little much for the camera to withstand hehe. I am still in deep thought over the Body though, I am not sure what paint scheme I should use, its driving me nuts!
Old 02-11-2006, 08:58 AM
MnMikeRC

Yeah, thats a tough decision to decide what to do on them.
Old 02-11-2006, 11:30 AM
carpy100

candy apple flake[8D] yum-yum....!