Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

What happened to the MarJet ??

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 02:53 PM
marcuskeeler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What happened to the MarJet ??

I'll get some running and video of it as soon as I can find a place big enough Paul. I just feel sick when I think about it slamming into a lamp post in a car park or a curb on the road so I must find a long wide road with soft-ish verges.

It's not the money but more the idea that I will miss the chance of ever doing a full power run if I risk trashing it by goofing off in small areas.

Old 09-09-2006, 04:20 PM
Pyrotechnic

wow that thing is awesome. very nice. i know wat you mean about crashing. lol. not a good feeling. good luck with your testing, cant wait for a vid.
Old 09-09-2006, 05:20 PM
jpachill1

I agree, but it was a great teaser.
Out of curiosity, couldn't you us or can you use, and anti foaming agent in the fuel. Something similar to what is put in beer (while in the brewing process) or even dishwasher soap?
I guess you will have to find a runway to get a nice run. Salt flats would probably be the best, but I guess their not readily available is the UK.

Paul
Old 09-09-2006, 06:01 PM
badz
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: marcuskeeler

I'll get some running and video of it as soon as I can find a place big enough Paul. I just feel sick when I think about it slamming into a lamp post in a car park or a curb on the road so I must find a long wide road with soft-ish verges.

It's not the money but more the idea that I will miss the chance of ever doing a full power run if I risk trashing it by goofing off in small areas.

Marcus, you can stop the foaming by using [link=http://www.bvmjets.com/Accessories/uat.htm]this[/link]
Some Tanks come with foam inside to end foaming of the fuel also. But the uat's work great too. I'm sure you can make your own up instead of tossing $60 out for one. I saw a little while ago you switched to a JetCat...excellent choice there they sure do develop alot of power and fast.
Keep up the good work on it.
Old 09-09-2006, 10:49 PM
J_D

awesome video, i can really see that thing moving once u find an open area.

Looking forward to another video.
Old 09-10-2006, 01:54 AM
marcuskeeler

Marcus, you can stop the foaming by using this
I already use a UAT as can be seen in the pic below. The problem comes after the UAT though. Between it and the motor is one of the huge Jetcat filters. There is no way to purge them of air and I reckon that under vibration the air that sits in the top half of the filter finds it's way into the line. I think I'll swap the large filter out for a smaller item, like a nitro line filter. In any case, it's not a deal breaker situation, it will run fine on smooth tarmac

Old 09-10-2006, 09:58 AM
jpachill1

Well, like I said, I wonder if an anti foaming agent can be used without hindering the burn. The stuff I am thinking of is a powder type consistency that you would sprinkle into the fuel. I am thinking also of the stuff that is in Nitro fuel.
What type of fuel do you use for the jet?

Paul
Old 09-10-2006, 11:48 AM
marcuskeeler

The jet fuel is kerosene with a special oil additive. Jet's are SUPER sensitive to impurities in the fuel, the jet nozzles in the flame chamber are tiny and blockages have a massive impact on the motor's ability to run. The fuel run on the jet is filter filter filter.
I think the only way is to remove the last filter or at least fit a smaller one. I've mailed JetCat for advice.

Marcus
Old 09-10-2006, 06:06 PM
jpachill1

I am certainly not a jet expert by all means, I am just trying to give some advise. Do you know what kind of anti foaming agent is used in the nitro fuel? Regardless, you have deffinantly contacted the right people to find out (jetcat)

Paul