Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

FG PINON AND SPUR GEAR

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 08:43 PM
flyingigo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FG PINON AND SPUR GEAR

I HAVE THE FG 2 SPEED WITH THE PINON 14 AND SPUR 48 DOES ANYONE KNOW THE BEST COMBO FOR THIS TRUCK
Old 04-04-2006, 01:50 AM
chowderhead72
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FG PINON AND SPUR GEAR

I guess you missed this:
Reposted from other thread:

Metal pinions last forever with plastic pinions and the smoth metal pinions make spur gears last alot longer. Did you figure out the layshaft pinion issue? Also turn the shift screw out until the head of the grub is just flush with the top of the collar; this will make it shift a little early or just right depending on motor size , gearing, pipe or no pipe, tire size...... But I have never had one that would not shift with this set-up. The two speed in stock form really does not make a huge difference but once you start changing ratios the difference becomes huge. Two speed gear recomendations:
1. buggy tires and 26cc 46/18 and 42/22
2 Monster tires and 26cc 48/16 and 44/20 or 42/22 with pipe
3.Buggy tires and 23cc 48/16 and 44/20
These ratios seem to work well but track conditions and personal preferences vary.