Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Baja 5b Frenzy

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 12:25 PM
kinggeordie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Baja 5b Frenzy

TOTAL AGREE
Old 04-12-2006, 04:39 PM
98765bb

I will hopefully pick the baja up on the 21 st april.Off bashing with my mate with the FG.If the buggy seems OK will let you lot know so you can pick it up the following week...............If its cool 1 FG for sale..........
Old 06-08-2006, 05:54 PM
Lost Down Under

I have read the post twice & still don't have any feedback on the baja.
As for the war that you guys are getting into, I'm not interested. I own a Lauterbacher & am still looking at getting a baja as well.
So, will someone please give some real feedback on the baja?
Old 06-08-2006, 06:24 PM
Timmahh
Banned

mine will be here next week, i didnt get in on a preorder, i ll post more l8r.. yea, sometimes these forums can be a PITA>
Timmahh
Old 06-08-2006, 09:44 PM
SELWA
My Feedback: (1)

I saw one in a LHS yesterday and took a reall good look at it. Very nice indeed. I'm still wainting to see one of these go though. If I didn'yhave a large scale already I'd buy one. But since parts are not available yet you may want to wait a bit. Tough choices!!
Old 06-08-2006, 09:51 PM
fz1

I was out running mine tonight. It slides easily compared to my other cars and trucks but they are 4wd. It has real good performance for its size. Sometimes it will flip forward if you don't hit a jump properly and i'm sure some tuning on the rear shocks will help with that. It starts easily and runs good. Even when it flips on its lid. LOL
I put my sensor radio in it so I cant say how good the stock radio is.
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=6/15821240030.jpg&s=f5

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=6/15821311053.jpg&s=f5
Old 06-08-2006, 10:02 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Lost Down Under
I have read the post twice & still don't have any feedback on the baja.
As for the war that you guys are getting into, I'm not interested. I own a Lauterbacher & am still looking at getting a baja as well.
So, will someone please give some real feedback on the baja?
Below is one photo of my Baja5B. There are more photos at the follow thread beginning on Page 11 and continuing on. I also can't provide an opinion about the stock transmitter since the first thing I did was switch it over to the Nomadio Sensor. Then again, certain people may provide opinions without owning something or even seeing it all the time. You also probably won't get much real feed back on RCU as you can probably already tell from the previous posts, however, I am no longer bound by supposed other rules and will write that the front shock shafts may be sort of weak. If anyone is wondering, I freaking quit. I also ran my Baja5B hard and jumped it hard on two different tracks twice over two days--one 1/8th scale race track and one offroad bashing track. In addition, I also allowed a championship R/C racer to drive my Baja5B while I took the photos.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_24...11/key_/tm.htm

There are also several magazine reviews on HPI Racing's website, i.e. Xtreme, R/C Car, RC Driver, etc.
http://www.hpiracing.com/kits/reviews.php?partNo=10600
Old 06-09-2006, 07:07 AM
TurtleRacing

Lost Down Under,
My views are overall it's awesome!! I don't like the axle boots, they rip easy. When you first get it, it takes off slow, improves with every tank of gas, then you remove the pipe extension & it wakes up big time!!! The starter needs some attention right away, there are some very simple steps to go through with it to cure the issues there & from what I hear this is an issue with any 1/5 scale, I did my starter right outta the box.
This is my first 1/5 scale so the learning curve for driving is definately there. It doesn't drive like my Revos!! It amazes me how well it turns though, I really thought turning would be an issue & it's not. I've given you my only dislikes so far & as far as likes go,PM me & I will flood you with them!!! I am grinning ear-ear!!
Old 06-09-2006, 11:45 AM
kinggeordie

ORIGINAL: TurtleRacing

Lost Down Under,
My views are overall it's awesome!! I don't like the axle boots, they rip easy. When you first get it, it takes off slow, improves with every tank of gas, then you remove the pipe extension & it wakes up big time!!! The starter needs some attention right away, there are some very simple steps to go through with it to cure the issues there & from what I hear this is an issue with any 1/5 scale, I did my starter right outta the box.
This is my first 1/5 scale so the learning curve for driving is definately there. It doesn't drive like my Revos!! It amazes me how well it turns though, I really thought turning would be an issue & it's not. I've given you my only dislikes so far & as far as likes go,PM me & I will flood you with them!!! I am grinning ear-ear!!
back to this one again people saying taking the stock pipe off increases bhp lets see a vid of it with stock pipe on then the pipe removed and as for the bickering on between hpi and fg the both highly rated companies but remember hpi is new to large scale 2stroke gassers and i look foward to seeing the baja modded and do well in the future it might force competition even higher between the other companies that make nitros and get our sport even bigger i think most people will agree - so all folks that have a baja let see some vids of it in action and if it breaks we want to see it as this gives people ideas on what to mod first
Old 06-09-2006, 11:52 AM
Croozer

badz,
Do you own any FG or a HPI Baja?
Old 06-09-2006, 12:13 PM
original.mb

croozer,

i'm really glad you asked that question lol
Old 06-09-2006, 02:31 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

ORIGINAL: kinggeordie
but remember hpi is new to large scale . . . so all folks that have a baja let see some vids of it in action and if it breaks we want to see it as this gives people ideas on what to mod first
How could anyone forget HPI is new to large scale since it keeps getting rammed down everyone's throat or tossed in everyone's face on this forum by non-Baja5B owners. There are also videos on "another" forum which appears to appreciate the fact that another company has released a large scale. Myself, I took some video of the Baja5 at RCX though I didn't upload it. Why? Well it is a very large file, but I did offer it to the owners of RCU for them to edit though it is not up since they didn't want to edit it. I also don't think that the RCX track layout really did the Baja5 much justice since the track was too small; however, I still offered. Of course, based on the photos I have seen of Euro tracks, most Europeans don't run their R/Cs on those types of tracks anyway--lots of jumps and washboards.

I also own a Baja5B and did the RCU review of RCX which also means that there are a lot of photos on the review as well as scattered in the forums. The photos in the forums are mostly action photos and there are numerous close up shots in the RCX review. As far as modding goes, it's pretty much the same for all RTR R/Cs. If someone wants more speed, change out the engine; stronger and faster servos, change them out; different transmitter, change it out, etc. If anyone doesn't want to purchase a RTR or modify a RTR, purchase a kit and take it from there.
Old 06-09-2006, 08:48 PM
Mech747

IMO the HPI Baja looks 100x better than those FGs and clones, they look like their straight out of radioshack[sm=lol.gif]

i don't care how good they are but having some thing that looks like crap isn't what this hobby is about. so bring on the flame for all you closed minded ****s.[>:]
Old 06-09-2006, 09:20 PM
Timmahh
Banned

The Thing i find funny now that my Neighbor brang it to my attention. Correct Me if I'm wrong, the name is BAJA 5B. EVERY LOOK AT A BAJA RACE? Ever See A REAL BAJA BUGGY? The thing is, this IS NOT a MT, it is NOT A Truggy, ITS NOT a dirt track car looking thing, Its not A BEATLE. BUT iT IS A BAJA BUGGY, not a dune buggy, not a mudbuggy, not even a babybuggy, A BAJA Buggy. Monster Garage just had a 2 hr special where they built a Buggy and Raced in the Baja 1000.. ANY on out Cali/Arizona/NM way. You ll know what Im taking about. regardless of what you own... When you take the HPI Baja5B for what it is: a Baja Buggy, like the FG F1, its in it own league so comparing it with say the FG MT, not at all like the F1, in use, or the Traxxas MB, or Duratraxx offering, there is nothing to compare because its in its own league. nough said
NEXTEL DONE!
Timmahh
Old 06-10-2006, 01:41 AM
Croozer

ORIGINAL: Mech747

IMO the HPI Baja looks 100x better than those FGs and clones, they look like their straight out of radioshack[sm=lol.gif]

i don't care how good they are but having some thing that looks like crap isn't what this hobby is about. so bring on the flame for all you closed minded ****s.[>:]
This is from a guy who don't even own a large scale.
Old 06-10-2006, 01:43 AM
Croozer

ORIGINAL: Timmahh

Its not A BEATLE.
You mean like Paul, John, Ringo, and George.
Old 06-10-2006, 05:39 AM
1saltykracker

i agree with timmahh...and mech...people compare the baja against things that it is not....and then say its not this, its not that,......for an all around good buggy, complete ready to go you cant beat it
Old 06-10-2006, 11:13 AM
Timmahh
Banned

no i ment that 5th undiscovered beatle, i think he sings for some band called The Rolling Stones? lmaopmp..
Timmahh
Old 06-10-2006, 01:59 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

ORIGINAL: Croozer
ORIGINAL: Mech747

This is from a guy who don't even own a large scale.
I like the looks of the HPI Baja5B better than the FG Marder as well. I do like the looks of the FG F1 and also like the looks of a Ferrari, but I don't own a Ferrari though I have owned several GM products, including a Corvette, and GM was a majority stockholder until recently when most of the stock went back to Fiat. But heh, I own an electric Tamiya F1, a nitro Ofna F1, and numerous electric Kyosho Mini-Z F1s. Of course, I also own several large scale RCs as well if I must own something to appreciate the looks of a large scale. I also own several mini buggies and 1/8th scale buggies if I must apppreciate the looks of a large scale buggy prior to purchasing a large scale buggy. Then again, I do own the Baja5B as well and one of the reasons I purchased it was because it looked like a buggy and reminded me of my smaller buggies. Get the picture? If not, here is a photo for all.