Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

FG Leopard or FG Marder

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 10:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FG Leopard or FG Marder

Fg leopard or Fg Marder? Not sure what the difference is, they look the same other than the bodies are a bit different. I am interested in buying one, after drewling over the pics. Is there a difference, and which supports better Alloy parts, as I would want to buy all the alloy parts off ebay, and go from there.
I don't know what the wife would say, she would see it sitting there in the garage, and I can see here asking me what the hec is that sitting on the bench in the garage! (it just showed up!)
Anyway just curious if ebay is a good place to start for buying one, they seem to pop up on ebay every once and a while.
Thanks,
Darren
Old 04-11-2006, 11:18 PM

Default RE: FG Leopard or FG Marder

2 completly different vehicles. About the only thing that is the same is the engine. The Leopard is a designed off road racing buggy and the Marder is a good off road vehicle. Both have great aftermarket support for parts and upgrades.
Old 04-12-2006, 06:05 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Depends on where you are going to run it. I have both and I prefer the Leopard. It's more expensive but you get some added mods on it. If you get a leopard and stadium tires then you have it made. Since you're in Canada try out: http://www.advancehobbies.com
This is Canada's FG distributor. If you mention my full name (user name) they may give you a discout too!!
Old 04-12-2006, 07:19 AM

Here is a list of the upgrades on the Marder Race and Leopard Race, as compared to the Standard Marder:

Upgrades on Marder Race:
CV ball joints
Adjustable Alu Dampers
Steel Pinion gear
SuperGrip Tires on widened Leopard Race Rims with reinforcement ring around the wheel square
More Adjustable front suspension/arms than Standard Marder
Gear Protective cover

Additional Upgrades on the Leopard Race, in addition to the ones above:
Alu Alloy Differential (non adjustable)
Differential is raised
Tuned Pipe, placed between the front and rear axe of the car
Radio tray the same as the one on the Touring Cars, with room for 4 servos

Leopard Race has a 505mm wheelbase, which makes it less prone to wheelies, and offers better stability and handling in most drivers opinion.
That the pipe is placed low between the front and rear axe also helps giving a lower center of gravity, and more weight on the front wheels than the Marder.
This also translates into better handling.

If I have forgotten anything, then please point it out.

If you plan on going with a Samba or Jetpro pibe anyway, then I would go for the Marder Race and get an Alu Diff upgrade kit for that one.
If you want a buggy that handles very good on the track, then go for the Leopard Race.