Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Monster beetle pro (Help please)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Monster beetle pro (Help please)

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 08:28 AM
Busher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monster beetle pro (Help please)

Hi There !!!

Just got my new Monster beetle pro, And its an awesome piece of kit. However it appears to have come with next to no real instructions or manual. I have searched their web site and it dosen't appear to have one either. Is this normal ? Has anybody got a pdf file of a manual ?

Could anybody answer a few more newbie questions while i'm at it:

Do you need to put foam inserts in the tyres or will they be alright with out ?

Do you need to put a fuel filter in the carb line or is the fuel tank already filtered?

Do you have to run the engine on 25:1 oil mixture, for all use or just for running in, I have a bottle of amsoil 2 cycle synthetic oil, which says I could use down to 100:1 or for kit type model engines use it at 50:1, I plan to run in on 25:1 then switch to 50:1 will this be ok? or should I just run it 50:1 from the beginning?

Is there any other things I shold be aware of before running the truck?

Thanks in advance for all your help..

Busher

Old 04-23-2006, 09:04 AM
caad5

Default RE: Monster beetle pro (Help please)

You should have got a four page leaflet/booklet that shows how to put the radio gear in like servos and a parts diagram. You can run without tyre inserts that is fine, after all the pre glued tyres/wheels from FG have no inserts.

You do not need to put a fuel filter there is already one in the tank

I recommend running 25:1 to run the motor in for the first four to six tanks as the Zenoah G260RC doesn't really start opening up and make its full power until around the sixth tank.

Yes i recommend getting a metal pinion gear and an alloy gear carrier for you spur gear as the heat can melt the plastic ones and if you get stuck in thick grass for example and the back wheels struggle to move the spur gear can round itself on the layshaft and you will go nowhere. Also get a gear cover and if budget allows get alloy upper rear arms, rear alloy uprights, rear lower arms and the rear lengthening set. The reason for the last four parts is that if you jump you monster beetle and land incorrectly on the back left wheel, having the plastic parts on ,can push the upper rear left arm into the spur gear and flatten the teeth. The alloy setup raises the upper rear arm and positions it so it clears the spur gear and strengthens it to stop it from moving forward.

Old 04-23-2006, 09:06 AM
Cyberfyn

Nope. No instructions. I think they feel if you have a car like this you don't need em. Quite rightly too

Foams are not needed, just drill a couple of holes in the inner rim to let the air out.

There is a felt filter on the clunk weight in the tank.

Run the car in on 25:1 mixture. One tank at no more than half throttle and various speeds Second tank at no more than 3/4 throttle. Third tank WWHhhhhhhhooooo!

Ian F.
Old 04-23-2006, 09:06 AM
original.mb

congrats on your new ride,

firstly yes you don't get a manual but with all the knowledge of the guys here you will never go short of what you need to know

yes i would insert the foam inserts and yes i would add a fuel filter. in regards to fuel ratio in depends on what oil you run but someone should post here as my ratio may not be what you require.

i would also invest in a failsafe you just never know so its better to be prepared.

enjoy and after a few runs when you get to know your new monster i'm sure you will have a good idea of what you wanna upgrade

i would suggest front hydros when you get the cash as well

enjoy
Old 04-23-2006, 09:07 AM
nozzer

hi you should have got a parts list with the truck i dont think there is a manual as such ,i have no inserts on my mb and it seems ok to me my mate has an mt with no inserts but has just fitted some to the rear and it handles much better ,there is a filter on the fuel pipe inside the tank ,oil mix you will get different opinions i run 25.1 thats 40ml per liter from the start but may drop to 30.1 at some point i would not go 50.1 myself . enjoy
Old 04-23-2006, 09:09 AM
fox1450

yes run 25:1 whit normal 2 stroke oil for 4 tank and after run 40:1 whit good synthtic oil,fuel filter is a good option,for your tire i don't know for the truck tire but with my st i need to remove insert because the tire become too hard and loose traction [8D]
Old 04-23-2006, 09:10 AM
bigger the better

Not really great info with purchase - Mabe someone has one they can scan in for you?
I run with the tire foams but, it is a personal ride decision. I did'nt need to drill any holes in the rims due to the glue not sealing completely around the rims and the foams putting constant pressure out.
There is a fuel filter in the tank but, an external filter can do no harm.
I rum Amsoil as well I use the Saber which is there best for these types of engines and now is in a smokeless formula which I have been running at 25:1 with no problems. I may sometime run at 30:1 to see if there is a noticable difference but at this time feel no need. I do not think it is wise to run lighter then lets say 40:1 but I personally will never go under 30:1 - Can't think the performance will outway the chances.
Keep at 25:1 for your 1st gallon then experiment from there and do not go WOT (wide open throttle) for the 1st tank or so.
There are many upgrades that can be done. Not sure what the PRO comes stock with? There are many links I can attach for you.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ol31466.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	155.3 KB
ID:	449970  
Old 04-23-2006, 09:12 AM
kiora

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I normally run 25:1 I tried 33:1 but found no difference. I think if you run 100:1 you may as well take out your engine and throw in the nearest river and save that shock supprise then very depressed feeling [X(] when it all goes pear shaped

Col.
Old 04-23-2006, 09:36 AM
Big Boys Toys and Hobbies

Take a look at my parts manual page. The beetle pro is the same booklet as the Monster Truck

http://www.bigboystoysandhobbies.com/parts_manuals