Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Rain & dirt protector

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 05:53 AM
Busher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rain & dirt protector

Hi there

I am just putting the radio gear in my MB pro, and I notice there is a rain/dirt protector available. However the pictures in the instruction manual, show the protector being fitted to what seems like a different chassis. My MB pro has 2 alloy tubes that pass over the radio gear and act as some kind of bracing. Is it still possible to fit the gear protector with this chassis, or is the whole thing a bit of a gimmick and not really any use ?
It also looks like you have to take quite a bit off the truck to get to the radio tray to remove it, which includes removing the bracings and the roll cage, is there a quicker way of getting the radio tray out?

Thanks for your help

Busher
Old 04-26-2006, 06:09 AM
j.hamp

Default RE: Rain & dirt protector

ye leave the role cage alone.

1st
remove the bolt at the top of the servo saver, there is also a bolt under neath the car that may have to be held while you take the top one out.

2nd
there are two further screws to the under side that hold the servo plate in place take them out

3rd
there are 4 screws that hold the front shock mount just loosen them the servo plate will slid in and out with the servos attached.

yes it is still a ball ache but it needs to be done to clean the car apparently servos dont like water

Old 04-26-2006, 06:51 AM
Busher

Default RE: Rain & dirt protector

J Hamp

Thanks for your reply it has been a great help, I do feel that the Manufacturer could have produced a better construction manual though. It would appear that most german engineering manuals are the same as i had exactly the same type of manual with a Helicopter.

So if the gear is easy to remove would you bother fitting the rain / gear protector at all ?

Thanks

Busher