Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Hydrobrakes wont fit, why ??

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 05:42 AM
Automan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hydrobrakes wont fit, why ??

Hobbythek said that the Collari brakes wont fit the fg monster truck, why not ? anyone who knows ??
Old 05-06-2006, 06:20 AM
avgas

Default RE: Hydrobrakes wont fit, why ??

Hi,
I dont see any reason why they wont fit, as I know someone that uses them on a FG Leopard.
I'm sure Steffan from Hobbytek will be able to tell you why!
Steve
Old 05-06-2006, 06:38 AM
Automan

In my opinion they should work, as i too have read about some in here using them but i cant remember exactly on witch fg off-road they bolted it onto.

All i know is that wolfgang told me in short that they wont fit fg mt, that was all he wrote.

What i can see is that they are not entirely one piece, the arm is replaceable (that is a good thing)... but im not totally sure about that.
Old 05-06-2006, 07:50 AM
chevyman_de

There are two reasons. First you will have a hard time to find a suitable place for the master cylinder, but I think that problem could be solved. Somehow... The main problem is the front Collari upright which is axially displaced and therefore not compatible with the usual MT a-arms. They would completely throw off the front end adjustment. Even the adjustable alloy a-arms for the MT are not designed to make up for such a big adjustment. You would need custom made front bulkheads for these brakes to counteract the changes created by the uprights.

The Collari brakes will fit a Leopard.

Btw, when you're willing to pay that much for brakes, why don't use the Magura 2? And they have the volume compensation the Collaris unfortunately lack.
Old 05-06-2006, 07:59 PM
Automan

Thanks chevyman de for the help. And i have looked at those magura2 brakes, they look real nice and i will probably drop the idea of the collaries now though.
Old 05-08-2006, 04:56 AM
Automan

Now i got a mail from them telling me that the new magura 2 wont fit fg mt [:@]

as matters stand the FG Magura 2 doesn't fit into the Monster Truck, it does only fit into the Evo-04.
That was a reply from Weyer at hobbythek.

Does anything fit, or is it just minor mods that's needed ?

Sure the old magura fit, and the kp's, but nothing else apparently []
Old 05-08-2006, 05:11 AM
chevyman_de

The brake calipers fit, the problem is (only) the master cylinder. I could think of a horizontally installation just behind the front shock tower on top of the front axle bulkheads. But you will have to create your own bracket. (For everyone without this capability it would be a non-fit)
Old 05-08-2006, 06:39 AM
Automan

I was just about to edit my last post... damn you are fast chevyman But thanks for the reply [sm=thumbup.gif]

I got a mail a little while after the first one about these mag2's, and that said pretty much what chevyman de wrote just now...

My question was: what did'nt fit, and if it could be modified to fit.

The reply from Weyer at hobbythek: it is only the main cylinder.
So i guess they will work if you are a little handy and are no stranger to mod things That's nice because these new brakes seams to be real interesting, so i will probably try them and maybe post info if they are good or bad.
Old 05-08-2006, 04:32 PM
caad5

Automan you can get the Collari's or the Magura 2 to fit including master cylinder. What you have to do is get the latest EVo 04 radio tray that was made for the collari's and fit it onto the Monster Truck. This radio tray is a lot shorter in length then your MT radio tray and then you will have all the room you need behind the tray to mount the Master Cylinders. Basically it will then look like an EVo 04 Collari setup. Then for your battery get FG Part No 6267 the free standing battery holder that you just mount anywhere on the chassis. Just position this in front of the tank. And you have to move the tank back 1cm.