Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Tygron fuel line on a Firehammer fuel tank

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Tygron fuel line on a Firehammer fuel tank

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 02:05 PM
kengentry5000
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tygron fuel line on a Firehammer fuel tank

I just picked up some yellow Tygron fuel line to replace the hardening fuel lines on my Firehammer.

I replaced the tank once so I know how the main line snakes into the tank with the filter at the end. Are the other lines just pressed in and hold with a friction fit? Does anybody use grommits to hold the lines in and keep fuel from leaking out? Is there a good reason to not use grommits on these lines?

Here's a picture of the tank
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87362.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	481627  
Old 06-23-2006, 02:32 PM
frumpy

Default RE: Tygron fuel line on a Firehammer fuel tank

Hey Ken,I can't see why you couldn't use grommets.Did you have a problem with the tank cutting into the fuel lines?[] Also I thought that the tygon line was only good for nitro fuel and that it melts down with gasoline[sm=confused.gif]
Old 06-23-2006, 02:39 PM
kengentry5000
My Feedback: (2)

There are gasoline-grade Tygron products. I got this from my STIHL dealer's repair shop. I took the car in to size up the lines needed and said I needed lines that can handle gasoline. I'm pretty sure the guy sold me the right tubing.

I didn't have any problems with pinched or cut lines. I just want to make sure I know how the lines are supposed to fit into the tank. The main fuel line has a grommit while the other three do not. I don't know if it is a way to save money in manufacturing or if there is a safety reason to not use them. If the lines are just press-fit into the holes why have I not had them slip out of the holes?
Old 06-23-2006, 03:38 PM
hellya

the holes are alittle smaller than the line... it creates the preasure fit
Old 06-23-2006, 09:51 PM
hndaman1
My Feedback: (6)

the only problem I have had with the tanks are they leak in the seams, so I just call Duratrax and they send me a new one