Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

What kind of oil should I use?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 11:08 PM
Randog71

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What kind of oil should I use?

Hello everyone. I'm not sure on the type of oil I should use? I work at my local motorcycle shop on the weekends and all the service guys told me that Klotz is the best oil for pre-mix 2-stroke engines.I will be running a duratrax firehammer and a HPI baja 5B.Will Klotz be ok to use on my cars? Thanks for your time.
Old 06-27-2006, 11:11 PM
Timmahh
Banned

Default RE: What kind of oil should I use?

i ve been looking at moveing to klotz for the Baja and the Bergonzoni. my family has been useing clotz for years. always good. looking into they stynthetic blends.
Timmahh
Old 06-27-2006, 11:31 PM
Henry William French

Default RE: What kind of oil should I use?

Klotz makes probably 6 different 2 stroke oils. Klotz Beanol is a bean/castor oil and although that has ultimate film strength, it's a nasty gummy oil. Klotz Techniplate is a synthetic oil with a little castor oil in it. I'd only use Beanol that if i were running a old 125 2 stroke in the dunes that is jetted too lean. Motul 800 or Motorwerks is a ester based synthetic (clean burning) that is actually a group 5 oil which is the cadillac classification of oils and has about 98% of the film strength of a castor/bean oil with none of the gummyness. I'm not trying to pimp a certain brand oil or anything but mabey look into an ester based synthetic oil. Just trying to help.