Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

HPI Baja 5b shocks leak like a PIG!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

HPI Baja 5b shocks leak like a PIG!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 03:31 AM
bryan70546
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HPI Baja 5b shocks leak like a PIG!!!!

well looks like you screwed yourself buddy unless you called hpi you problely could of got a new engine under warrenty,are did YOU blow up the engine , if so well then maybe you dont need to be playing with the big boys toys .you could of taken the money you spent on that jato crap and got you a damm good 27cc , or 30.5 cc or 29cc engine .and had one hell of a buggy but you would probley blow it up to , then we would see you on here saying how the baja is crap and a watse of money just like the nitro you just got that gos 65 mph wwwwwwwwwwwwooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwww .whatever.move along nothing to see here .[]
Old 02-25-2007, 05:17 AM
borley1863

splcrazy, obvisouly that``s your opinion as you have had a bad experience, but most gas engines are a lot more reliable than nitro`s. I have had my engine under water and still started fine, not started for 7 months, choke on started 1st pull. Most nitro`s won`t do that also the money you save on fuel over time, the run times, no overheating problems(well in my case anyway) i find gas alot better. I have a nitro xtr-3e that does 70mph. But i use my gas truck alot more you have to understand yes they are slower, can you imagine the damage that would be caused if they done the same speeds!
Old 02-25-2007, 10:32 AM
Earth Surfer

ORIGINAL: splcrazy

mine just started leaking in around 5litres of fuel usage thats when the motor died lol ......... when i was looking at the baja at the hobby shop and talking about it with the store owner , he said this is the absolute best thing and a million times more better than nitro and that i will never go back to using nitro again ,,,, well he was wrong. ever since the motor died on baja i went and bought a jato 3.3 nitro that does 65mph this thing is so fast and so reliable never ever has failed me and can also go off road with a simple tyre change . ive also got a revo3.3 and is just as reliable and it still goes awsome ......... the baja on the other hand when i took it out of the box looked impresive , but it was slow heavy and the motor only lasted 5lites thats really disapointing after how much money this damn thing cost me ......................................... sorry but i rather have nitro any day ,,,,,,,, well im still going to have to get a new motor for the baja ill put it in get it going then never use it again ill just keep it for looks ,lol the baja was the biggest waste of money
I see that some people do have teething problems with the gas engines, but it is usually due to "user error". Then they figure out what they did wrong, and all is good.

The stock Baja engine is the smallest and least powerfull RC engine on the planet, and the stock exhaust chokes it off more. There are a lot of engine choices and new bolt on top end kits to choose from along with exhaust systems. The stock engine and exhaust is not a good indicator of how that machine can run. Not even close. It makes about 2hp with the stock exhaust, and up to 6 or 7hp is possible with a modded engine and good exhaust pipe. How about telling us how you set up your engine, and what happend to it, and we will get you going again. For all we know, you might be one of those guys who thinks you don't need an air filter (far fetched example). By the way---replacement engine parts are really cheap if you need any.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:47 AM
alham1818

my shocks are fine. the r/front only leaked when it slammed into a steel sign pole and blew apart.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:25 PM
Evader Owner 19

You could put some associated green slime all over the o rings or you could make a spacer to create more squish.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:34 PM
Freezetron

ORIGINAL: Evader Owner 19

You could put some associated green slime all over the o rings or you could make a spacer to create more squish.
*** dude? Why did you ressurrect a 3 year old thread on equipment thats no longer even being made or used on the Baja?
Old 08-07-2010, 05:40 PM
del1969

ORIGINAL: Freezetron

ORIGINAL: Evader Owner 19

*** dude? Why did you ressurrect a 3 year old thread on equipment thats no longer even being made or used on the Baja?
Man that is funny. HAHAHA