Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

goped scooters from daves motors

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

goped scooters from daves motors

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 07:40 AM
J_D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default goped scooters from daves motors

i know this isnt large scale or RC, but i figured ddm would check here often, and ppl who also have goped may also have large scale cars.

I'm thinking about buying a go ped, just to get to basketball and back again from home ( about 10 km) i usally just ride my bike, but after 3 hours of basketball i'm usually really tired and the ride home is tough... really tough :P so i thought a go ped might be a cool in-expensive way of transport (since i'm a poor uni student and cant afford a car yet :P )

they have a top speed of 20 mph, can i increase this buy chucking a different engine, like a 26cc zenoah like we use in our RC's? and also, can these things handle hills very well?

the hills on the way there and back are not too steep, ut i just wanna be sure how they can handle them, and how loud are they? are they just as loud as our RC stock mufflers? with their stock engines? because when i ride home its usually just getting dark and although the pathway is next to a main road i dont wanna annoy anyone.

and another thing, are they legal? i know different countries have different rules, but whats the general rules for these things? obviously i can't ride it on the road, but are pathways and bikeways fine for these?

thanks

ps the gopoed i'm looking at is: http://www.davesmotors.com/store/product3.html
Old 07-22-2006, 08:34 AM
darthballs

Default RE: goped scooters from daves motors

my friend had a similar one. it was pretty cool. im not sure about the rules in australia but in america you can drive on the sides of the road without any trouble from the cops. unless you have some really strict police over there you should be fine.
Old 07-22-2006, 10:00 AM
hndaman1
My Feedback: (6)

ORIGINAL: darthballs

my friend had a similar one. it was pretty cool. im not sure about the rules in australia but in america you can drive on the sides of the road without any trouble from the cops. unless you have some really strict police over there you should be fine.

Not all states all goped friendly, check your local laws first before using them on the streets, there are some hefty fines for using these and pockets bikes as well
Old 07-22-2006, 10:04 AM
J_D

yer pocket bikes arnt allowed, cept for private land and tracks.

but wouldnt the same laws apply to these that apply to electric scooters? because i see ppl on ones that look like this cept electric quite often.
Old 07-22-2006, 10:23 AM
Timmahh
Banned

well here in michigan, these MUST be driven on the road. pocket bikes are not the same, and they are not allowed anywhere except private land. no driving on the sidewalks! you must have a helmut on, and if your under 18, you must have a safty course certificate issued by the secretary of state office. also if you say, lost your drivers license ( in the, you got a drunk driveing charge sence, not the where did i put my license) you can not operate ANY motorized vehicle. and that would even include your rideing lawnmower....except on your lawn. there was a guy here locally that after a few DD lost his license, so one day he took his riding lawn mower to the store. yep you guessed it. he was hammered, and the cops pulled him over, and took him to jail for Drunk Diveing his riding lawnmower on a public road.. its his 4th or 5th now.. fool

i dont think you ll hava a major issue JD. but a call to the local cop shop will get you the answers for your area. i understand these use the same motors were unsing, and some come with the 260 for the engine. mufflers are also the same, you got stockers, xcans and tuned pipes for them, and being they re the same engines, that means engine upgrades as well...!
Timmahh
Old 07-22-2006, 10:30 AM
J_D

i dont wanna upgrade it :P i was just curious about the rc engines

because hopping it up, makes it louder, which isnt what i want :P

i might just have to take the back streets to the courts since then i'm "on the road"
Old 07-23-2006, 04:59 PM
Soloratov
My Feedback: (1)

I think it might depend on what pocketbike/scooter you get. So far all teh pocket bikes I have found are not Zen driven. At least the Pocketbikes anyway, all have mitsubishi type 43,47,and 49cc engines. Some even have 70cc's. The scooters may be different, but most are around 50cc, not 27. Plus, I'm pretty sure a 27cc wouldn't deal with the gearing they have to pull a human at 20-30mph, but I could very well be wrong. Don't have a lot of experience in this area yet.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:11 PM
MrMikeG

I think their illegal over here, they just changed the laws about 2 years ago. You may just have to register it as a motorcycle, not positive though.
Old 07-23-2006, 08:27 PM
J_D

lol, i've decided to buy a motorbke instead :P
Old 07-24-2006, 12:36 PM
ryan@ddm

ORIGINAL: Soloratov

Plus, I'm pretty sure a 27cc wouldn't deal with the gearing they have to pull a human at 20-30mph, but I could very well be wrong. Don't have a lot of experience in this area yet.
Stock 27cc's will move at scooter + rider at close to 30 MPH. modified, they can hit 40+