Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

marvel mystery oil?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 07:44 PM
mymerc68

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default marvel mystery oil?

i add a small amount of marvel mystery oil to my (25 -35 to 1 gas /synthetic oil mix) and it seems to smooth out both my throttle response and just the way my engines seem to run is better overall. i have heard that marvel does coat the intake tract (carb right up to where the piston meets the intake port orifice) and therefore will provide you with a better flow of the fuel to the combustion chamber. if ya havent tried it give it a whirl.The marvel also for some reason seems to stretch the fuel (longer runs per tank)
Old 12-09-2006, 08:53 PM
Acs_guitars
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: marvel mystery oil?

You sound like an info-mercial.... Coating the intake tract sounds like it would not be so great. You would want it to have a bit rough texture to better atomize the fuel.

Edit: There is a question mark on the title - - - What's the question here?
Old 06-06-2007, 05:19 AM
indawdz

That sounds like I can keep my engine for a little bit longer. How much to you put in? And do you mix it with anything else. I also heard of mixing the Mystery Oil and ATF Oil and it is the same as the After Run Oil you buy at the shops. Cheaper too!!
Old 06-06-2007, 07:01 AM
jimbo1890

Sounds like a throat lozenge to me.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:44 AM
PAPE

I have added small amounts of Lucas Racing oil treatmeant to my fuel some times, Its done wonders for me in real car engines and magic on manual tranys, but never really felt a diffrence on my rc
Old 10-16-2007, 06:04 PM
Johnnysplits

Hey M. Do you notice any loss in performance using marvel as compared to not using it? How much of it do you add to say one gallon of gas?

Thanks, John