Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

proof is in the forums

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 02:24 PM
troyjgaspard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default proof is in the forums

whats all the fuss about??guys and or gals.just read all of the posts and replies on the forum concerning mcd trucks as opposed to fg trucks.just read and for myself from reading all of the replies in the forum it looks like mcd has the best truck for the money.myself i have just invested in a mcd mt 4x4 with the big 30.5 stroker esp engine and the unsilenced jetpro pipe with k&n air filter.now i went out on a limb and bought this truck without actually seeing one in action other than the videos on the net. but for a couple of days i was in a neutral position as far as mcd or fg.but just looking at the forum and researching the info on the net everything i read made me lean towards getting the mcd.now this is just me and what i have chosen for my choice of 1/5 scale fun every man is different.you get what you like and if you get a good one then thank god for it but if you get a lemon just hope you can get out of it and not screw someone in the process.so......what i am saying gents is that for me,a 30 yr old paraplegic i have chosen to get the mcd 4x4 truck because of the reason being that i was tired of always working on or tuning the traxxas revos and tmaxx trucks.for christmas i bought 2 revos and 2 tmaxxs and a boat.now i like the boat but as far as the revos and tmaxxs for me they are a pain in the rear.they are always flipping or just dying out and then i would have to push my chair over to where it is and that is if it aint too mudy for me to get to it.just seeing how the mcd is perfectly balanced with the engine in the middle of the frame and dosent wheelie over or flip alot either.so for me and my handicap the mcd is a must have.as for my kids they love the traxxas and have a blast with them.but for me being a south louisiana man and likeing the mud hogging sport the mcd is a great buy again because it has a waterproof reciever and servos.i took the traxxas revo through a 1 inch puddle of water and had to replace the reciever before i could play with it again.so me and the mcd will be terrorizing some mudholes down here where i live and i would expect a pretty bad machine since it ought to be turning approximatly 61/2 hp with the engine setup and pipe with the k&n filter that i put on it.however guys i will post pics and videos on here as soon as i get it here and start playing with it.and if it turns out that it is a lemon then ill go with the fg and the fg 4x4 kit then ill update you guys on the progress with the fg truck.so here is my little two cents worth and if anyone wants to ask me any questions feel free to ask i hope i can answer them accuratly.good day to all fellow rcrs
Old 01-25-2007, 03:05 PM
Bigboytoys
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: proof is in the forums

Very well put!!! Welcome to the large scale world..... I'm sure you are going to like the MCD. it's one big bad monster!!!
Keep us up to date on how things are working out for you.
Old 01-25-2007, 03:27 PM
troyjgaspard

i sure will buddy and will have videos and pics as well.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:15 PM
dude7422

hi troy do you have a link to the place you bought the mcd 4x4 i cant kind them my browser bites lol
Old 01-25-2007, 05:13 PM
bryan70546
My Feedback: (4)

yea and guess what other mcd owner will be right along the side of my buddy troy .you guessed it i now have someone to run my toys with and dont fell all alone now.welcome to the forums troy .
Old 01-25-2007, 05:45 PM
critrmac

Hi and welcome, i here what you're saying, to each rc'er their own. me and my 10yr old got our
first large scale ( a duratrax firehammer ) this past x-mas and we like it a lot, but i've reading the
forum and have really become fascinated with the mcd/luaterbacher gasser's and will be getting
one of those this summer so hey welcome again, it is a beutiful thang.[sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 01-25-2007, 06:00 PM
bryan70546
My Feedback: (4)

www.largescalerc.com call and talk to troy he will take care of you. bryan
ORIGINAL: dude7422

hi troy do you have a link to the place you bought the mcd 4x4 i cant kind them my browser bites lol
Old 01-25-2007, 10:29 PM
lever02

Troy, the simple solution, which came to me in a dream, is to own one of each, that way you can better ascertain the good and bad aspects of each one. lol
Old 01-25-2007, 11:45 PM
troyjgaspard

right on about owning one of each.but as u and i know some fellows aint got that much greenery in their back pocket if u know what i mean.i got problems but money aint one of them and believe it or not that is what i am gonna do is get one of each.i want to throw rocks and dirt all over while doing some figure eights.thanks for all the good conversations on here and thanks for keepin it grown up men.good being part of the gang thanks for the warm welcome.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:28 PM
original.mb

well said and you made a good choice pal i look forward to seeing pics
Old 01-27-2007, 12:07 PM
huw4027

Hey Troy, glad to have you aboard and i must say that i admire your spirit. [sm=thumbup.gif]
It is also my goal to own one of each but in a different aspect.
By this i mean: Buggy, Monster Truck, Stadium truck and Onroad vehicle and the only one that i don't have as yet is the MT.
My eye is on the mighty MCD.[8D][8D]
Old 01-27-2007, 03:13 PM
Hutch-e-bee

Excellent choice Troy.
I started with nitro's so was used to 4wd. So when I decided to go 1/5 originally, I followed the crowd and bought an FG Touring car. I am an average driver like alot of people so 2 weeks after going off backwards at every corner that FG was on Ebay!
Now I have an MCD rally car and I am cornering like Juha Kankkunen with the same driving skill that I had when driving the FG.
Not an off road fan but if my on road experience is anything to go by then off road must be even better as 4wd on the loose is definetly a winner!
Look at this.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPfN2S5obkU