Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Kamitiro 4wd problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 09:03 PM
Crisse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kamitiro 4wd problem

Hi

Just bought kamitiro 4wd kit for marder and started to install it today. As i was finished with 4wd unit installation and was putting rest of the stuff back in i noticed that there's no room for gas tank, belt hits the gas tank (even if gas tank would fit, belt would still rub it) and belt also hits steering servo. What did i do wrong? Everything seems like that its the only way to do it. Was thinking that maybe if i rise my engine, then tank would fit and belt would stop rubbing it also. Is it possible to rise engine?

[link=http://photos1.blogger.com/x/blogger/977/3548/0/29438/image-upload-1-717556.jpg]Link to picture with gas tank[/link]
Old 02-24-2007, 12:17 AM
SELWA
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Kamitiro 4wd problem

Just a guess but maybe the pulleys are reversed and the one in the front needs to go in the back.
Old 02-24-2007, 02:00 AM
TheFgMan01

the kit i saw came with it's own chassis and had a lower profile gas tank included..?!
Old 02-24-2007, 04:44 AM
Crisse

ORIGINAL: SELWA

Just a guess but maybe the pulleys are reversed and the one in the front needs to go in the back.
They are identical. Im all out of ideas [&o]
Old 02-24-2007, 05:00 AM
FGR

Do you have a picture of the total car, this one is from the site so you van compare?

Old 02-24-2007, 09:35 AM
bigger the better

Deleted....
Old 02-24-2007, 11:47 AM
Crisse

That picture from kamitiro website is old prototype and final product is different ( belt is much wider now and front end has been redesigned). Think i have figured it out now... i need to rise engine a bit and also lower the receiver box. Already moved steering servo to the right so that's not a problem anymore. Instructions that came with the kit are in Germany and my Germany is bit rusty.

Vorderachse, Servoplatte und Tank ausbauen. Servoplatte im Bereich der RC-Box seitlich ausschneiden und die
Aufschraubstutzen um 10 mm kürzen. Den Servosaver ausbauen und den alten Lenkhebel durch Lenkhebel (7) wie
abgebildet ersetzen.

Den Servosaver mit der Unterseite nach oben einbauen und eine U-Scheibe 13x37x2 auflegen. Jetzt die Feder und eine
U-Scheibe aufsetzen und sichern. Lenkservo nach rechts versetzen und Gestänge anpassen. Die Bohrschablone auflegen und
zwei Löcher (5mm) für den Lenkanschlag (20) bohren. Die Schrauben für den Lenkanschlag (M5x16) mit der Bodenplatte
verschrauben. Den Getriebebock vom Motor abnehmen und die vorderen Abstandshülsen durch die Bausatzhülsen ersetzen.
Jetzt den Abstandshalter (22) wie abgebildet montieren.

Lagerbock (1) Motor zwischen Getriebebock und Motor schrauben (nur heften). Für die obere Befestigung beiliegende
Sechskantschraube (M6x35) verwenden. Den Lagerbock (2) Motor rechts mit der Verbindungsplatte (3) verschrauben (nur
heften) und die Welle (4) einschieben. Jetzt alle Schraubverbindungen fest anziehen. Die Welle muss sich nach dem
Festziehen aller Teile leicht herausziehen lassen. Den Tank ohne die Zwischenplatte wieder einbauen.

Den Achsbock (11) mit dem rechten Lagerschild (15) verschrauben. Die Kugellager in beide Lagerschilde einkleben. Jetzt
das komplette Differential und die Vorgelegewelle (12) in das rechte Lagerschild einsetzen. Das Vorgelegezahnrad mit der
Nabe zum rechten Lagerschild auf die Welle (12) schieben. Die Riemenscheibe (13) mit der Nabe zuerst auf die Welle (12)
schieben, den Riemen (6) über die Welle legen und das linke Lagerschild (14) montieren. Als nächsten Schritt die
Stossdämpferbrücke (10) einbauen. Achtung: Die montierte Baugruppe noch nicht auf die Rahmenplatte schrauben!

Die Welle (4) ein Drittel einschieben und die Riemenscheibe (5) mit der Nabe zuerst auf die Welle (4) setzen. Dann den
Riemen (6) über die Welle schieben. Die Welle (4) in die Endposition bringen. Von rechts Ausgleichsscheibe 10 x 1 auf (4)
aufschieben und den Sicherungsring montieren.

Zwei Sicherungsringe links auf Welle (4) montieren. Jetzt Ausgleichsscheibe
10 x 0,5 und Mitnehmer + Zahnrad auf Welle (4) schieben Abschließend mit Sicherungsring fixieren Den Riemen auf die
Riemenscheiben legen und jetzt die Vorderachsbaugruppe mit der Bodenplatte verschrauben.
Jetzt den Schutzbügel (21) wie abgebildet montieren.

Den unteren Querlenkerbolzen von vorn durch (11) einschieben. Den Querlenker wie abgebildet aufschieben. 5 U-Scheiben
zwischen Bohrung in (10) und Querlenker legen. Den oberen Querlenkerbolzen von vorn durch (11) einschieben 4-5 UScheiben
auflegen, den oberen Querlenker wie abgebildet einsetzen und nochmals 5-6 U-Scheiben auflegen.
Jetzt weiter die Achsschenkel (17), Radachsen (9), Spurstangen (8) und Antriebe (16) komplettieren
Hinweis: In dem Antrieb je einen langen und kurzen Stift montieren. Die Seite mit dem langen Stift läuft später in der
Radachse!
Die unteren Stossdämpfer-Bohrungen auf 5 mm aufbohren und mit Schrauben (M5x35) wie abgebildet verschrauben. Die
Stossdämpfer oben mit Schrauben M4x16 verschrauben.

Den Abstandhalter (22) zwischen linken Motorbock und linken Hinterachsbock wie abgebildet montieren.
Die Spannstangen (18/19) komplettieren, dann zwischen (1;14) und (3;15) schrauben. Durch Drehen der Spannstangen den
Riemen spannen und ausrichten.

Zum Justieren des Riemens wie folgt vorgehen:
- Riemen mit der linken und rechter Spannstange (18/19) spannen
- Seitliche Riemenführung durch Drehen des Antriebes in Laufrichtung prüfen
- Wenn erforderlich, den Riemenlauf mit rechter Spannstange (19) korrigieren

Wenn das Einstellen der seitlichen Riemenführung nicht möglich ist, kann es an der Stellung des Motors zum Achsbock
liegen. Gegebenfalls den Motor ausrichten.
Nach der ersten Fahrt den Riemen nachspannen. Die Riemenspannung ist ausreichend, wenn der Riemen in der Mitte mit
dem Daumen von oben mit Mühe auf die untere Riemenseite gedrückt werden kann.

Sicherheitsanweisungen

Das Fahrzeug darf nur mit aufgesetzter Karosse betrieben werden! Verletzungsgefahr durch rotierende Teile.
Das Modell nicht ohne Hinterradantrieb fahren!

Alle Schraubverbindungen sind mit Loctite 243 oder einem gleichwertigen Produkt zu sichern.
Alle Lager sind mit Loctite 638 oder einem gleichwertigen Produkt zu sichern.
Es sind die Gebrauchsanweisungen der Produkte zu befolgen.

Sorry for long post, but if anyone can help me with translation i would really appriciate it.
Old 02-24-2007, 12:08 PM
SELWA

I used a German to English traslator I found on the web. Some of this sounds strange but I hope it helps you!

Expand front axle, Servoplatte and tank. Cut out Servoplatte in the area of the RC-box on the side of and shorten the Aufschraubstutzen around 10 mm. Expand
the Servosaver and portrayed replace the old Lenkhebel by Lenkhebel (7) how.

Incorporate the Servosaver with the underside towards the top and put on an U-disk 13x37x2. Mount now the feather and an U-disk and certain. Transfer Lenkservo to the right and adapt linkage. Put on the drilling stencil and bore two holes (5mm) for the
Lenkanschlag (20). The screws for the Lenkanschlag (M5x16) with the bottom disk screw. Decrease the transmission ram of the motor and replace the front distance sheaths by the kit sheath. Now the distance stop (22) how portrayed mount.

Screw warehouse ram (1) motor between transmission ram and motor (only fasten). Use six edge screw (M6x35) enclosed for the upper reinforcement. The warehouse ram (2) motor
to the right with the connection disk (3) screw (only fasten) and the wave (4) push in. Dress now all screw connections firmly. The wave easily must extract let itself
after the Festziehen of all parts. Incorporate the tank without the between disk again.

The it ram (11) with the right warehouse sign (15) screw. The ball bearings into both warehouse signs einkleben. Use now the complete differential and the Vorgelegewelle (12) into
the right warehouse sign. Push the Vorgelegezahnrad with the hub to the right warehouse sign onto the wave (12). Push the strap disk (13) with the hub first onto the wave (12), put
the strap (6) over the wave and mount the left warehouse sign (14). As a next step incorporate the push mute bridge (10). Attention: Screw the mounted building group not yet on
the frame disk!

Push in the wave (4) one-third and set the strap disk (5) with the hub first on the wave (4). Push then the strap (6) over the wave. Bring the wave (4) into the Endposition. Delay
of to the right of balance disk 10 xs 1 on (4) and mount the security ring.

Mount two security rings to the left on wave (4). Now balance disk 10 xs 0.5 and Mitnehmer + tooth wheel on wave (4) push fix put in conclusion the strap with security ring onto the strap disks and screw now the
Vorderachsbaugruppe with the bottom disk. Now the protection bow (21) how portrayed mount.

Push in the lower breadth handlebar bolt of ahead through (11). The breadth handlebar how portrayed delay. Put 5 U-disks between Bohrung in (10) and breadth handlebar. The upper breadth handlebar bolt of ahead through (11) 4-5 UScheiben push in put on, that use portrayed upper breadth
handlebar how and put on once again 5-6 U-disks. Now further the it thighs (17), axles (9), trace poles (8) and drives (16) complete reference: In the drive mount ever a long and short pencil. The side with the long pencil runs later in the axle! Expand the lower Stossdämpfer-Bohrungen on
5 mm and portrayed screw with screws (M5x35) how. Screw the push mutes above with screws M4x16.

The distance stop (22) between left motor ram and left Hinterachsbock how portrayed mount. Complete the chip poles (18/19), then between (1;14) and (3;15) screw. Through turning of the chip poles strain and align the strap.

For adjusting the strap as follows advance: - Strap with of that chip pole (18/19) left and right strain - test Seitliche strap leadership through turning of the drive
in course direction - if required, the strap course with right chip pole (19) correct

If the adjusting of the seitlichen strap leadership is not possible, it can lie at the position of the motor to the it ram. Align if necessary the motor. After the first trip the strap after span. The strap tension is sufficiently if the
strap in the middle with the thumb can be pressed from above with effort on the lower strap side.

Security directions

The vehicle may be operated only with mounted Karosse! Injury danger through rotating parts. Do not go the model without back wheel drive!

All screw connections are to be secured with Loctite 243 or an equivalent product. All warehouses are to be secured with Loctite 638 or an equivalent product. The directions of the products are to be followed.

Old 02-24-2007, 01:22 PM
aluminum crusher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BUNK THAT![sm=confused_smile.gif] well you know I'm not buying one of those upgrades for that price you should not have to do any mods. That's just my thought's.
Old 02-24-2007, 01:23 PM
Crisse

ORIGINAL: bigger the better

The mesh is set right in the rear at the dif and spur right?
Yeah it seems ok. I need to figure out how i get it right again after i rise motor. Ty Selwa for rough translation it got me more convinced about rising engine.
Old 02-24-2007, 03:58 PM
cyclops1970
My Feedback: (5)

i once raised the motor and rear diff with .250 or 1/4 alloy shims .. worked out fine with no problems . you'lll just need longer screws ..
Good Luck ..
Old 02-24-2007, 04:36 PM
Crisse

Yeah gonna rise both diff and engine. Gonna try to find some good material next week so i can rise em. Made it rwd again by taking out spur and axles from front wheel drive.

Old 02-24-2007, 04:43 PM
Hutch-e-bee

After reading this thread, I am glad I bought an MCD!
Old 02-25-2007, 02:18 AM
bryan70546
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: Hutch-e-bee

After reading this thread, I am glad I bought an MCD!
[sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif] maybe you can call rcnutshobbies ,they sale the kit .and should be ables to help you.bryan
Old 02-25-2007, 01:38 PM
Bratch96

Would a guy have such problems with the new 4x4 kit??
Old 02-25-2007, 03:18 PM
Crisse

My only problem is that i ordered this kit from Germany and i didn't understand instructions. I have figured it out now and just need some free time to finish installation. Might take a while till i can drive it because i destroyed gears from my throttle servo today and i need to get new ones.
Old 02-25-2007, 03:59 PM
IONIC-M

What was wrong that it was rubbing??? Glade to hear that you can fix it!!
Old 03-02-2007, 07:53 PM
highspeeddirt

Have any luck sorting out your 4x4 kit yet? I was thinking of buying one but I was kinda waiting to hear how you made out.
Old 03-03-2007, 04:19 AM
Crisse

I'm really busy with other stuff atm. I will update this thread once i get something done.
Old 03-10-2007, 08:16 AM
Crisse

Kit is now installed. Solved the belt problem with little force and hammer to make chassis straight. Don't have throttle servo yet, but in our tests we couldn't make the belt slip.
Old 03-10-2007, 08:55 AM
bryan70546
My Feedback: (4)

good to hear its working out for you.i ordered a marder beetle and i am thinking of putting this kit on it .depends who will give me a better deal on the kit largescalerc are rcnutshobbies.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:37 AM
fgbasher
My Feedback: (10)

Crisse,

Do you have any pics?
Old 03-10-2007, 10:30 AM
cyclops1970
My Feedback: (5)

So it wasnt 4x4 kit it was your chassis ? it was bent ?
Old 03-10-2007, 12:00 PM
Crisse

Yeah it was my chassis. Dont have any pics yet, but ill try to take some when my new throttle servo arrives and i get it back together.
Old 03-10-2007, 04:43 PM
highspeeddirt

Good to hear you got it all sorted out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.