Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Australian Fg Suppliers

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 03:28 AM
rudiix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Australian Fg Suppliers

Hi guys, I was wondering where the guys in OZ get the cars and parts from. I've been building and fg evo for the last ten months and have gotten heaps of stuff from Chequered Flag racing in Brisbane. Colin was and still is a tremendous help and has always been a pleasure to deal with. His advise and service are first rate. By the way I live in Melbourne.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:12 AM
Doohan

Default RE: Australian Fg Suppliers

I have FG's, Nitros, planes etc....I get everything from overseas, eBay, Tower Hobbies etc...plus some cheap places in Hong Kong.
Only when I am desperate for a part will I buy in Australia....the hobby industry in this country is a rip off!!!
I have bought from Colin very occasionally, but the prices are too high.
With the OZ dollar now worth .83 cents US....it gets cheaper to buy overseas everyday.
I'm in Melbourne too, I seriously don't know why people shop at the hobby stores in this city.
EXAMPLE: Just bought a NOVAK 3.5 Brushless system from the USA for $265 US with shipping = $319 Australian Dollars, got to me in 10 days.
My local hobby store = $550 Australian dollars for the same thing = WANKERS!!!
Old 05-04-2007, 06:25 AM
mikeinoz

WWW.Powerslideracing.com.au are a new player in the Oz large scale. They don't have very much FG stuff but I have been told there planning to expand there range a lot in the coming months.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:50 PM
caad5

Chequered Flag Racing is the Australian Importer and Distributor of FG Modellsport. Universal RC is also a FG Dealer. If you go to [link]http://www.ausrc.com/[/link] you will see that Universal RC is a site sponsor and you can contact them there to discuss any FG questions or parts you might need and also see there feedback from other customers. There is a whole FG Large Scale section on the AUSRC forum.
Old 05-05-2007, 04:30 AM
jimbo1890

I'm with Doohan on this, when I ordered my marder race I saved heaps by ordering from overseas and that's taking into account import duty and GST.

If you do your research and order from a known reputable overseas shop you'll save money.

You should keep in mind that the cheapest price is not always the best deal. A good relationship with a local shop may be worth the extra money to you. I get my stuff from krikke in Holland but I also have family over there so warranty and packaging mishaps arn't a real problem.

GO HARD OR GO HOME!

Jimbo.
Old 05-05-2007, 05:17 PM
rudiix

Where in Melbourne do the 1/5 th guys drive. I actually live in geelong and would like to drive on a track but there really aren't any suitable here. I've heard of Lillydale. Can anyone let me know if this is still running. I'm not keen on Melbourne Track and Hoby. I've had some frustrating experiences with them.
Old 05-05-2007, 05:27 PM
MONAROMAN

Sorry not in melb (actually not sorry for that... glad actually ) so can't answer your lillydale question, try posting same question on ausrc fg onroad section. I bought my FG off Universal RC (see caad5's ausrc link) in qld, they/he is pretty knowledgable and helpful on all things FG.