Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Smartech Spider

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 07:49 PM
NitroBurn1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smartech Spider

Anyone here have one of these? I was browsing around Ebay and found some, and they look just like a firehammer. I think ill buy one if they are the same because they are a good price. And also, is the firehammer still a popular buggy?
Old 06-22-2007, 07:30 AM
JRexA

Default RE: Smartech Spider

SmarTech Spider = SmarTech Traveller = Carson Attack = Duratrax Firehammer.

Stickers and logo in plastic parts might change, but they are the same car.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:15 AM
kengentry5000
My Feedback: (2)

So if you can get a good deal on that Spider compared to a Firehammer go for it. You can order Firehammer parts from your LHS or Tower Hobbies.

Some Smartechs come with Zenoah engines instead of CY. I have seen where some dealers give you a choice of 23cc or 26cc engine also. The Firehammer comes with a CY 23cc engine. The Firehammer air cleaner assembly is better than most all other air cleaners out there to prevent dirt ingestion. You can use the Firehammer air cleaner on almost all FG, Smartech, etc. vehicles so you could order one after the fact if you wanted it.

There is also an Austrailian RC dealer who is offering up every alloy upgrade imaginable for Smartech vehicles at decent prices. His shipping to the US is also not bad.

http://www.auctioncityaustralia.com....er-trucks.html
Old 06-22-2007, 12:27 PM
wyd

ORIGINAL: kengentry5000

So if you can get a good deal on that Spider compared to a Firehammer go for it. You can order Firehammer parts from your LHS or Tower Hobbies.

Some Smartechs come with Zenoah engines instead of CY. I have seen where some dealers give you a choice of 23cc or 26cc engine also. The Firehammer comes with a CY 23cc engine. The Firehammer air cleaner assembly is better than most all other air cleaners out there to prevent dirt ingestion. You can use the Firehammer air cleaner on almost all FG, Smartech, etc. vehicles so you could order one after the fact if you wanted it.

There is also an Austrailian RC dealer who is offering up every alloy upgrade imaginable for Smartech vehicles at decent prices. His shipping to the US is also not bad.

http://www.auctioncityaustralia.com....er-trucks.html
They have some nice parts but they are super expensive. Glad my local shop don't charge prices like that because for the price I think I was buying gold.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:32 PM
kengentry5000

Those prices are in AUD Dollars which worth somewhat less than US Dollars so you will get those parts for about 20% less in US Dollars. These prices are 'in line' with alloy parts from Tower Hobbies (what little Firehammer alloy parts they have), Elcon Models and fg-hopups.com.

T-Maxx and Savage alloy parts are going to be substantially less expensive because they are sold in higher volumes.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:11 PM
fgbasher
My Feedback: (10)

There is a good deal on one in the marketplace.
Old 06-24-2007, 03:00 PM
NitroBurn1

Im just about to place my order, just waiting for Paypal to transfer my money. I was looking at that Firehammer filter, and was wondering how it breaths with that blue cover on it?
Old 06-25-2007, 04:50 AM
OversizeRc

Just a quick note- all alloy parts are in stock, and there will be no delays in any orders,
Old 06-25-2007, 08:25 AM
wyd

Those prices are in AUD Dollars which worth somewhat less than US Dollars so you will get those parts for about 20% less in US Dollars. These prices are 'in line' with alloy parts from Tower Hobbies (what little Firehammer alloy parts they have), Elcon Models and fg-hopups.com.

T-Maxx and Savage alloy parts are going to be substantially less expensive because they are sold in higher volumes.
Oh ok that helps out some. They do have some really nice looking stuff. Might be interested in ordering a few things in the next few weeks.

I guess I need to understand that 1/5th scale stuff does cost more than the 1/10th stuff I normally buy but on the other hand the 1/5th stuff is stronger and more reliable overall.

Brian
Old 06-25-2007, 03:12 PM
kengentry5000

I don't think the blue cover restricts the Firehammer engine. Mine runs great. There is a 1/8 inch gap between the black plastic plate and the blue cover where the foam filter is exposed.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:00 PM
csp1971

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I agree with KenGentry, I purchased one for my Firehammer MT and mine runs fine with the Firehammer Air Filter.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:20 PM
NitroBurn1

I ordered the Smartech Spider today. After more than a year of thinking of getting a gas rc, i finally did it. I just couldn't bring myself to spending a thousand dollars on an rc right from the start, untill i found the spider on ebay for $560 shipped to my door. Should i get the Firehammer filter befor i drive it, and should i run the first tank with a rich fuel mixture?
Old 06-25-2007, 08:51 PM
wyd

I don't think the blue cover restricts the Firehammer engine. Mine runs great. There is a 1/8 inch gap between the black plastic plate and the blue cover where the foam filter is exposed.
Ran over 1/2 tank out tonight so that is my first tank so far. FireHAmmer runs very well. I did find out that richening up the lowend from the factory setting actually made the car bog less off take off and accelerate harder. Might of been a little lean for my area and it was pretty humid tonight.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:13 PM
hndaman1
My Feedback: (6)

do you have a link to this car anywhere?
Old 06-26-2007, 06:37 PM
NitroBurn1

This is where i bought mine.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-5-Duratrax-sty...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 06-26-2007, 06:46 PM
MrMikeG

Isn't the Spyder supposed to have all the alloy upgrades already, isnt that why it cost more than the Firehammer?
Old 06-28-2007, 02:51 AM
OversizeRc

the smartech spider pro is all alloy,, the standard spider is the traveller with different stickers,, we have all 3 models in stock, thanks
Old 06-29-2007, 09:51 AM
chris_design

hi