Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

29cc or 30.5cc head kits for baja5b

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

29cc or 30.5cc head kits for baja5b

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 03:19 AM
splcrazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 29cc or 30.5cc head kits for baja5b

want to convert my baja soon and want to get either of these kits but 29cc and 30cc is so close is would it make any differance to power or wat ? cos the 30cc is double the price of a 29cc
Old 08-09-2007, 03:58 AM
TheFgMan01

Default RE: 29cc or 30.5cc head kits for baja5b

Never owned a 30.5 but my 29cc head kit is pretty damn fast. gets to top speed very quicky!! the 29 has lots of torque..
You have a baha5. with either of these engines you may want to strethen up your drive train. You may want the 29 if you still want any kind of top speed.

Go to bigboystoysandhobbies.com and watch the vids of different largescales with different set-ups. it'll be hard to tell a difference between them watching a vid. you'll get an idea
Old 08-09-2007, 11:01 AM
fourwheeler

I am currently running the 29cc and it is pretty durn good.
Old 08-16-2008, 06:16 AM
irenaslavo

Never owned a 30.5 but my 29cc head kit is pretty damn fast. gets to top speed very quicky!! the 29 has lots of torque
TO; splcrazy

I have also 29cc head kit but never works good, I can’t count how many spark plugs I changed, almost 2 every run, and it is extremely difficult to start. I try all possible ways to adjust the carburetor but I Failed. Could please tell me what is your needle setup.

The engine came with WT 668 I’m thinking to change it to WT 603 which is standard carburetor for Zenoah 26cc.. I don’t know if this will work? Any advice.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:04 AM
part-time
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: irenaslavo

Never owned a 30.5 but my 29cc head kit is pretty damn fast. gets to top speed very quicky!! the 29 has lots of torque
TO; splcrazy

I have also 29cc head kit but never works good, I can’t count how many spark plugs I changed, almost 2 every run, and it is extremely difficult to start. I try all possible ways to adjust the carburetor but I Failed. Could please tell me what is your needle setup.

The engine came with WT 668 I’m thinking to change it to WT 603 which is standard carburetor for Zenoah 26cc.. I don’t know if this will work? Any advice.
you are not fouling plugs because of the engine or carb. it could be one of these running a crappy oil or running too rich. its somthing like that. the gp290 is a great all around motor. it has plenty of torque and topend. if u went with a 30.5 u will lose some topend but u can make up for it with taller gearing.
Old 08-16-2008, 06:26 PM
irenaslavo

Thanks Part time but I’m using the best racing 2 stroke engine in France but frankly the I don’t if I’m running rich or not that why I’m asking … what is the best needle adjustment for WT 668 carburetor come with CY 29 head kit. Would you please let know
Old 08-16-2008, 07:21 PM
slawhammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a walbro 688 carb..High needle setting is 1 1/2 turn out from closed ..Low side needle is 1 1/4 out from closed...Sounds like you are fouling
plugs from oil /or bad mix ratio..try 32:1 mix.. 4oz oil to 1 gal of petro..need a good synthetic 2 stroke oil...Those are stock carb settings.. you will need to lean out a bit

I was having a low end bog with the walbro 668 carb..I just now switched to a walbro 813 carb. with modified plate,,there is no choke withis carb
it has a built in axcel pump to help low end bog for smoother eransition to mid range...I just got it installed and have yet to get it fired up..Getting late
and dark here..So I will be ready in the morning..I will let you know how it goes....AkA Slawhammer
Hope this helps..
EDIT: I also have CY29CC Engine