Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Looking at custom building one

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 12:47 PM
bigmodman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Looking at custom building one

i have found a place that does it for ya.its more like a speed calc. but it tells you your ratio too. [link]http://metals.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http://www.sadik.net/gokart/[/link] woops its under free plans.its the speed calc.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:03 PM
Q.S.

Yea i should of done it that way from the get go. i have a few welder mig/tig/arch/plasma cutter etc. i think the mig will be best for this. what do you think?
Old 08-24-2007, 01:10 PM
bigmodman

yeah b/c you get a strong weld,but if you want to take your time with it and it to look nice you should tig weld....you should take this beast to shows man.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:20 PM
Q.S.

Im not sure yet im going to do some welding on some spare pieces and see how it turns out. I might put the Beretta in a few different enginering shows when it's done it's just tough because i take care of my mom to and cant really go away for a period of time plus im always fixing&painting cars in my little autobody shop. I stay close to home all the time.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:26 PM
bigmodman

oh man that sucks but ya gotta do whatcha gotta do....i would like to put a few cars of mine into an engineering show but idk where one is round here in texas.........if i did put one in a show i need to get alot better than i am now at building.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:39 PM
Q.S.

Mom always comes first on my list. then i do all my other things. im still hopeing to have the Beretta done by late 2009 or so im going to be spending alot of time on this chassis rebuild it will be perfect when i get it done. i should have it all apart and ready to weld in a week or two i already have the cage and tubs and battery boxes off of it there is only about 150 screws holding it together way to many. im not going to screw all back together when it's welded im going to weld all i can everything that wont need to be removed. plus it will look better that way.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:57 PM
Anomie

I have total respect for you taking care of mom! [sm=thumbs_up.gif] Some things are just too important...

You guys with the tube chassis make me want to make something similar. They can look so scale, and still be really strong. My plan has always been a twin rail type of chassis, and it's working pretty well so far. The tubers are sooooo cool [8D]

This is a great thread.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:12 PM
Q.S.

Thank you. my mother is very special to me she has (parkinsons) she is now in the advanced stages of it. Gotta love them full tube chassis. im in the prosses of re building mine im going to be mig welding it all. i used jb weld at first thinking it would be strong enough NOT it was starting to crack in alot of spots. live and learn i guess i was going to weld it when i first started building it BUT!!!! there are alot of twin tube chassis out there these days most of them are in the pro mod bracket and pro stock. i here they really make the chassis alot stronger as far as the flexing goes.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:51 PM
bigmodman

yeah i hear ya on your mom too...but yeah i love tubers too!and i wasnt saying that it sucks for you to take care of your mom...i was sayin it sucks that you couldnt prolly go to a show with your beast.......[&:] but yeah my mom is special to me too.she has done everything for me.

but if you dont mind me asking.what is a twin tube chassis?is is where they have 2 tubes like this?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Cz80080.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	748973  
Old 08-24-2007, 11:29 PM
Q.S.

Yea thats what i meen they run the two tubes in the lower section on the back half of the drag cars for added strength and minimize chassis flex they work very well. there is also some desert V8 sand rails that run them types of chassis as well.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:00 PM
bigmodman

ok cool yeah i have seen those before in the baja class....they do it on some sandrails too.
Old 08-25-2007, 03:11 PM
Q.S.

Yea they have been useing them type of twin rear tube frames on drag cars for a few years they are very strong. there are alot of competition sand rails that run them as well. Hey bigbodman did you get my PM?
Old 08-26-2007, 12:34 AM
nibik91

Fewski, were did you get the rear end and srearing and brake stuff from?
Old 08-26-2007, 12:40 AM
Q.S.

Are you asking fewski this or me stoneyberk??
Old 08-26-2007, 10:24 AM
bigmodman

yes stone i did!loland sent you one too.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:40 AM
Q.S.

Thats cool. But I diddent get your PM.