Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Who makes this Ford GT 5th scale?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Who makes this Ford GT 5th scale?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 12:32 PM
vtl1180ny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who makes this Ford GT 5th scale?

ORIGINAL: Dave ESPI

I'm going to buy one of these, and I'm going to give it a good thrashing. I'll see if it lives up to my astute level of the proper term use of a "BASH" session......

ps: oh and I'm in NY

Too bad you aren't close to LI... We've got a good bunch of 5th scalers running and we'd get you up and going... We've got an F1 guy who does a lot of traveling that I'm sure Karlton knows...

I don't think you can go wrong starting out in 5th scale with this car... Yea, it's expensive to get into 5th scale but it kicks the heck out of the smaller scales...

Make sure you get a Nomadio to control the car

Karlton, hoping to see you at next years Nat's...
Old 09-01-2007, 12:41 PM
K-Spindle

I really wanted to be at the nats this year it was fun watching it over the web but that is no where near as fun as being there.

Next year we have the 1:5 F1 worlds here at SV [&:]
Old 09-01-2007, 01:33 PM
Dave ESPI

VTL, I've had a large scale gas FG MT for quite a few months now, and I run it really hard, and it holds up to just about everything I throw at it except concrete light pole pillars at 45 mph. [:@]
Somehow I doubt ANY car would hold up well against it anyhow, but Racing around with an onroad car will be nice especialy since it is 1/5th scale and not 1/6th scale and bigger is better
Old 09-01-2007, 01:40 PM
vtl1180ny

ORIGINAL: K-Spindle

I really wanted to be at the nats this year it was fun watching it over the web but that is no where near as fun as being there.

Next year we have the 1:5 F1 worlds here at SV [&:]

Hmmm.... I may have to get an F1.... Gotta ask Scott if he's going...

ORIGINAL: DAVE ESPI
VTL, I've had a large scale gas FG MT for quite a few months now, and I run it really hard, and it holds up to just about everything I throw at it except concrete light pole pillars at 45 mph.
Somehow I doubt ANY car would hold up well against it anyhow, but Racing around with an onroad car will be nice especialy since it is 1/5th scale and not 1/6th scale and bigger is better
I know all about light poles and such.... If you ever come down to LI, let me know and bring your car along...
Old 09-01-2007, 01:46 PM
K-Spindle

I am sure we all know a dealer in NY that will get you a great deal on a F1 for the event!!!
Old 09-02-2007, 01:43 PM
K-Spindle

Here is the link form VS the USA FG importer (not just a dealer) who also sells the Ford GT http://www.fgsupply.com/
Old 09-06-2007, 01:20 AM
Dave ESPI

HobbyTron.com

Should I Order one or not ?
Old 09-06-2007, 08:47 AM
BuggZy99
My Feedback: (2)

Dave, if my geography is correct, your near albany, correct ??

might drive down and race your onroad
Old 09-06-2007, 12:32 PM
Dave ESPI

Yeah buggzy. Albany is about 340 miles from Canada. I love hanging out in Montreal. It's one of my top fave cities.

I have plenty of room here and a spare bed if ya wanted to crash and bash for a weekend, or I could set ya up at www.thecenturyhouse.com with a room really cheap since I work there as a Chef in the Alacarte Restaurant.

LMK
Old 09-06-2007, 06:49 PM
K-Spindle

Dave I doubt they have any left in stock, its a deal if they do.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:39 PM
DiRT!

Just saw this...
[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y3Yn14MhUQ]Youtube - 2-Stroke SuperScale Ford GT RC Car[/link]
Old 09-07-2007, 09:45 PM
Dave ESPI

SO I called them today. They have RED only in stock ( Booooo,,, I wanted Blue, but I guess I'll have to settle for Red).

I'm ordering one Thursday. 650.00 + 22.00 S/H

Planning on swaping out the Futaba and going to use my Spektrum DX3 and the HITEC 805 BB servo for steer.
will slap an outerwears dust cover and rubber tube on the pipe end to muffle it a bit and try to make it quiet.

Also going to custom paint or sticker app it to look like "HOTROD" the Autobot, or get a spare body in Blue and paint it to look like the new MIRAGE from the ALTERNATORS Transformer series of toys from Hasbro
Old 09-07-2007, 11:10 PM
Bratch96

Sweet, you must be close to my age since you like Transformers.[8D]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91418.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	758741   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql33146.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	758742  
Old 09-07-2007, 11:47 PM
K-Spindle

Glad you got one. From Hobbytron today correct?
Old 09-08-2007, 12:40 AM
Dave ESPI

Bratch, yeah I'm 31 and I have nearly the entire GOBOTS collection on a shelves behind me in my computer room. I sold all my original G-1 TF's about a year or so ago. I got damn good money for them, but I also collect the BINALTECH ( japan all metal versions) of the ALTERNATORS and the USA (unreleased in Japan) versions and a few oddball bots from the Cybertron series and the "Classics". The Movie was "OK" but I thought the toys sucked except for Ironhide and Blackout and the large Bumblebee, but I didn't buy any toys from the movie series.
I still have a few odds and ends of my original collection, but it is a fleeting interest, and RC has my attention fully right now ( as well as hot chicks....like always)

K-spindle, I called them today, but I'm ordering it next week. Hopefully they have parts IN STOCK... because I'm sure I'll be busting somethings on the first day.......... because I plan on running this puppy as hard as I run my truck, and my truck holds up to my abuse quite well...... so the onroad car has big shoes to fill.

STATS from another website I found with some digging:
2WD Disc Brake 23cc Engine 15kg Metal Gear Servo 450cc Fuel Tank With Ford GT
535mm chassis
23CC CY two stroke motor
Front Dual Disc Brakes
Rear single Disc Brake
Servos installed
Painted Ford GT Body
Receiver Battery installed
Foam Bumper ROAR / IFMAR
FM Radio with Built in failsafe!
See our listing for 2.4GHz upgrade!
*Length----------------------------920mm (37")
*Width-----------------------------390mm (15.5")
*Wheelbase (F/R)-------------------535mm (21")
* Ground Clearance--------------------25mm
* Gear Ratio:1:5
*Thread (F/R)-----------------------390mm
*Wheel Diameter (F)----------------2.5" X 5"
*Wheel Diameter (R)----------------2.5" X 5"
*Weight----------------------------9kg
*Engine-------------------------CY23cc 23CC
Package Include:
*1 x BRAND NEW CY 23CC
*1 x FULL-ASSMEBLED CHASSIS
*GUN-STYLE QUALITY OEM 3 CHANNELS FM RADIO CONTROL
INCLUDED 15KG SERVO & RECEIVER
* 1:5 SCALE LICENSED FORD GT BODY

PS: they make an off-road kit called THE MUTILATOR also

Old 09-14-2007, 12:47 AM
Dave ESPI

Well, it is Thursday.

PAYDAY = YAY !

wait... lastweek was a 3 day off weekend holiday.............

Crap

Paycheck was "el-sucko".

I have to wait a week more.... grrrrr.

Maybe I'll list some stuff on E-bay and get lucky with a quick sale, but I doubt it since people always wait till the auction is almost over and then bid. So that will still be a WEEK..... LOL

I've been reading a bunch about CY engines and they all seem to be crap in short time.

PREVENTION seems to be the best medication for them, so I'm going to order a inner/outer airfilter and fabricate a foam cover for the pull start ( Or order an OUTERWEARS) and I think and may also get a metal pullstart ring for it to replace the plastic one if there is one made for it since they seem to wear out really quick on most the engines.

I contacted soem friends at www.repolables.com and they are going to make soem custom stickers for the red body for a large scale HOTROD (Actualy SIDEBURN) Autobot once I have measurements of the body
http://reprolabels.com/Binaltech/Bin...palthotrod.jpg
I need to find the blue body now to do what I really wanted: a MIRAGE !

Old 09-14-2007, 12:58 AM
Bratch96

Sorry to hear about your paycheck. You think you will for sure buy this car? I like your plans for outerwears and stuff, pretty smart I think.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:08 AM
Dave ESPI

This car is a buy for sure. I've located a reliable source for parts both here in the US and in the UK (most likely shipping from china though).

I'll be selling the radio gear from it as I plan on using my Hitec and Spektrum stuff... eventhough the built in TX failsafe feature is sexy
Old 09-14-2007, 10:13 AM
K-Spindle

Only JHC-888.com is an authorized USA importer they have the parts. FG Supply (VS Modelsport) also has some.

Hobbytron has no parts and they were to have returned all the cars to James at JHC so if they say they have them either they BSed Mr. James Hann or are BSing you they are crooks be very careful with them.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:13 PM
dpsantoli

dave i was also considering buying 1/5 scale(currently run nitro). the smartech car seems to be very similiar and it's on ebay for 475 plus 100 for shipping. has front disc brakes. i talked to a guy who bought one and he said the shocks are plastic and were grease filled. i notice the gt doesn't say anything about the shocks. the item# for the smartech is 300151612629. what is the difference between the two besides tires. thanks pat
Old 09-16-2007, 08:23 PM
Dave ESPI

DP, that car is different. It is only a 2 channel, comes with a 23 cc engine, and can't tell if it is indeed a smartech. Plus that car doesn't have the same gas tank, chassis, or wheels and rims, so other than that, it looks similar. Not sure about the engine quality differences.

But yeah basicly the same car.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:45 PM
dpsantoli

let us know how you like the ford gt. i plan to buy one of them in the near future. thanks pat
Old 09-16-2007, 08:51 PM
TheFgMan01

Put up a good Vid also i want one
Old 09-16-2007, 10:40 PM
K-Spindle

Hobbypro factory is about an hour away from Smartech. It was started by former Smartech people, thus they look alike not much original thinking except for the tank and bodies.

Smartech and Hobbypro both use the CY motor so that is the same. Springs on both Smartech and Hpobbypro need to be cut to bring the ride height down.

James the Hobbypro importer to the USA went to Hobbytron in Utah to repo all the units for nonpayment so Hobbytron should be out. However, James found out that Hobbytron stashed some in a warehouse in California. The warehouse is near the SV track in fact just up the street! I counted the inventory stashed there last Friday they have 24 units mixed of H5 and H6 units in stock. Who really knows if Hobbytron sold them to this company or not but it is fishy to say the least. The company sells on eBay under the name toyfina they have sold the Ford GT as low as $350. James sold them to Hobbytron for $450 so how toyfina (aka world trading http://www.worldtrading23.com/contact.asp ) sells them below what the importer even paid is beyond me.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:54 PM
Dave ESPI

Just came across some interesting info.

This car is indeed a SMARTTECH TWISTER.

SMARTECH TWISTER 1/5 Scale Touring Car

Cars > Nitro Touring Cars

Item No: 05121
Dimensions: 920mm*390mm
Weight: 9 kg
Brand: SMARTECH
List Price: US$616.84
No transmitter, with Taiwan engine

Description

Length: 920 mm
Width: 390 mm
Wheelbase(F): 530 mm
Wheelbase(R): 530 mm
Weight: 9 kg
Engine: G 230RC
Tread(F/R): 390 mm
Wheel DIA.(F/R): 125mm*67mm
Gear rate: 1:5

Also, I was on the silverlit RC website, and Silverlit ( Makers of PICCO Z mini Heli also known as Airhogs Havoc Heli) won against Hobbytron in a legal injunction lawsuit for copyright infringement and illegal manufacturing to the tune of 200,000.00

THERE IS a reason they are selling the car cheaper.....

2 versions exist. The hobbypro is not a great car in comparison to this one version.... but they are different in the front end parts and rear. From what I can tell teh Hobypro comes with ALL PLASTIC drivetrain gears.

THIS CAR IS A MONSTER, 3 FEET LONG AND WEIGHS 25 POUNDS AND CAN HIT OVER 50 MPH REAL SPEED (Look at the last picture, that is a baseball on top to show you just how huge this really is). IT USES A 23CC 2 STROKE GAS WEEDWACKER ENGINE WITH PULL STARTER. THIS CAR HAS MAJOR UPGRADES THAT NO OTHER SELLER CAN OFFER YOU, CHECK OUT THE FEATURES BELOW!!!! LOOK AT MY OTHER AUCTIONS FOR OTHER CAR PACKAGES. THIS IS THE QUARTER OF THE PRICE TO GET INTO THEN A HARM, FG OR TECHNOKIT WOULD COST YOU.

FEATURES:
**FULL ALUMINUM LOCKING DIFFERNETIAL HOUSING
**UPGRADED LIQUID FILLED AJUSTABLE PURPLE ANODIZED SHOCK ABSORBERS
**HEAVY BILLET ALUMINUM FRAME
**UPGRADED BALL BEARING QUARTER SCALE SERVOS
**FULL BALL BEARINGS THOUGHOUT THE ENTIRE CAR
**UPGRADED HIGH CARBON STEEL DRIVE GEAR AND SPUR GEAR
**UPGRADED HEAVY SPRING RACE CLUTCH
**UPGRADED HARDENED STEEL AXLES
**UPGRADED FULL FRONT AND REAR AJUSTABLE DISC BRAKES WITH CROSS DRILLED HARDENED ALLOY STEEL DISCS
**UPGRADED CHROME-MOLY ALLOY STEEL LATERAL FRAME SUPPORT BARS (THE ONLY SELLER THAT OFFERS THIS MANDATORY UPGRADE SO THE FRAME DOES NOT BEND OVER TIME, WITHOUT THESE YOUR FRAME WILL BOW AND SAG)

I'VE BEEN GETTING A LOT OF EMAILS REGARDING PARTS FOR THIS CAR. I KNOW IT IS A BIG CONCERN FOR ALL BUYERS OF THESE TYPE CARS. SO I AM DOING SOMETHING OUTRAGEOUS TO HELP MY BUYERS OUT WITH THESE CARS. EACH BUY IT NOW BUYER WILL GET THEIR OWN SUB-ACCOUNT NUMBER SO THAT THEY CAN BUY PARTS DIRECT, NO MIDDLE MAN, EVERYTHING IS AT COST, THAT IS WHOLESALE DISTRIBUTOR COST, NOT RETAIL!!!!!!!!!!! AND YOU WILL RECEIVE THEM VIA PRIORITY MAIL (2-3 BUS. DAYS) AFTER PAYMENT RECEIVED.

HOW THIS WORKS: AFTER YOU USE THE BUY IT NOW AND PAY FOR CAR, WITH THE CAR YOU WILL RECEIVE THE CONTACT INFORMATION ON HOW TO BUY PARTS, AN ACCOUNT NUMBER THAT IS SPECIFICALLY TO IDENTIFY YOU (PLEASE PUT THIS ACCOUNT NUMBER IN A SPECIAL PLACE AS IT WILL NOT BE SENT TO YOU AGAIN, AND BY NO MEANS WILL THIS NUMBER BE EMAILED TO YOU) . YOU WILL RECEIVE A FULL PARTS LIST (WITH PICTURES, FOR EASY PARTS IDENTIFICATION) ALONG WITH PRICING. A FLAT $10 FEE WILL BE ADDED FOR S&H FOR UP TO 3 REPLACEMENT PARTS, WHICH YOU WILL RECEIVE IN 2-3 BUS. DAYS (*Ecept for replacement bodies, they will be shipped ground and the cost to ship bodies is $20 as the box is over 3 feet). YOU WON'T GET A BETTER DEAL THAN THIS FROM ANYONE!!! WORKS ONLY WITH THE BUY IT NOW!!!!

EXAMPLE PRICING (PLEASE COMPARE TO FG OR HARM)
REAR BRAKE DISC: RETAIL $19.00 - YOUR COST $7.60
DRIVE AXLE: RETAIL $13.00 - YOUR COST $4.80
PINION GEAR: RETAIL $11.50 - YOUR COST $4.20
ALUMINUM CHASIS: RETAIL $84.00 - YOUR COST $41.30
REPLACEMENT CLUTCH: RETAIL $23.00 - YOUR COST $8.90
THESE ARE JUST SOME EXAMPLES, WE HAVE FULL PARTS LIST THAT WILL BE INCLUDED WITH YOUR CAR.

NOTE TO RESELLERS: A MAXIMUM OF 3 ITEMS TO BE SHIPPED AT ONE TIME, IN CASE ANYONE GETS THE IDEA TO RESELL THESE PARTS AND TO MAKE A PROFIT. THIS DEAL IS FOR BUYERS (HOBBYISTS) THAT NEED REPLACEMENT PARTS TO FIX THEIR CAR. THIS IS NOT FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO MAKE A QUICK BUCK.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The reasons the upgrades came about and what the difference between the first imported cars and the last imported cars for everyone who is asking and everyone that has one of the originals and is having many problems, a world of difference between the two generations of cars.

the first version has some problems that's why they were sold much cheaper then the new version, no. 1 the first version has a weaker frame made of softer aluminum that will sag in the middle, no. 2 the throttle servo is a regular 1/10 scale servo which is not strong enough to engage the brakes and will eventually break, no. 3 the shocks were regular spring shocks( no oil filled no damping valve no preload adjustment what so ever) that can not handle the weight of the car and do an extremely poor job of controlling the car at high speed and over time will collapse and cause the car to bottom out, no. 4 no durafoam front bumper incase the car hits anything,if you hit anything even at low speed you will break the arms and servos and steering parts very easily, no. 5 rear gears are plastic (not even nylaglass just plain plastic) and will chew up way faster then they should, no. 6 the original clutch had too weak of a spring and after time car will constantly start to lurch forward and will end up never disengaging do the spring losing tension, no. 7 the rear axles on the first cars were not hardened steel causing the pins to fall out after a while, no. 8 engine only topped out at 8000 rpm due to the carb setup and smaller piston ports.

all the problems on the newest cars have been fixed, as so: no. 1 frame is made of 6061 aluminum sheet and has chrome molly lateral frame rail supports that stop any and all frame sag and flex, extremely solid now, no. 2 throttle servo was upgraded to full quarter scale servo just like the steering servo, car can lock the brakes up at 30 mph on a dime and is full ball bearing servo, no. 3 the shocks on the new cars are purple anodized all billet aluminum oil filled, silicone oil seals, tuned valving, pre-load adjustable shocks that can handle the weight of this car and make the car handle 10 times better at high speed with no bouncing or body roll and traction and turning is what you would expect from a high speed RC road car, no. 4 all new cars come with durafoam from bumper with billet bumper supports that can handle almost all low speed front impacts and some higher speed impacts with far less breakage( best added feature if you ask me ), no. 5, rear gears are hardened steel to handle any dirt that kicks up from the diff hole under the frame where the ring gear is, these will pretty much outlast the car, no.6 clutch spring has been upgraded to a heavier spring that will retain its tension for the life of the clutch and will not weaken, no.7 rear axles are all hardened steel with pressed forged pins that will not snap or break, no. 8 carb setup and intake manifold is better and piston ports have been enlarged giving the car a 13,500 rpm redline for more top end and when tuned pipe and filter is added you will redline around 15,000.

I know its a huge difference from the first ones but like any new product the first versions always have flaws and are always improved as the build more and find the flaws,most everything so far has been corrected and now they are moving on to performance upgrades now that they have a solid platform to work with for the on road cars, also soon they will be releasing there full off road buggy but I would wait on that until they get it figure out and work out the kinks.

anyway that's the run down on these cars and why you see such different pricing from sellers and why some cars look different then others, I right now am the only seller on the internet that has the latest cars with everything fixed, my cars came in December 16th from my importer and he has not sent out any other cars to any resellers because everyone is trying to unload the first versions that everyone bought in bulk and they also are quite upset about paying the higher price for them. So before you buy one that is cheaper, keep in mind it is the first version with the flaws, be sure to ask the sellers if they have everything my cars have. Key visual points to look for will be if it has the crome molly frame rails (no frame rails are first versions) purple oil filled adjustable shocks ( white shocks are a big tell tail sign that its from the first versions) those are the visual signs you can check by looking at others auction pictures.

Auction # 190159443702

I donno, but all this messing around with KO cars and different versions is keeping me from actualy dropping the cash on the Hobbypro GT40 since this one is superior to it except for the radio tray looking kile crap and that it is an XRC varient.

but at 400.00 I'm leaning twords metal drive gears, oil filled springs and hardened drive shafts, and away from this GT-40.... considering how the BLUE body which I really want doesn't seem to exist.....

plus this is up :

Welcome to TQ R/C Racing Products.

Thank you for stopping in if you have a question please let support@tqrcracing know and we will help you as quickly as we can.
See our sister site www.JHC-888.com

Our online store is currently closed for maintenance.
Please visit us again soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.