Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

So, um....yeh, I got a Baja 5B as well today...lol

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

So, um....yeh, I got a Baja 5B as well today...lol

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 10:26 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default So, um....yeh, I got a Baja 5B as well today...lol

lol. I must be crazy, two gassers in two weeks, but at least I now have two cars, so I can go out and have a laugh with a friend who isn't into the hobby. DIABLOTAC will probably get to play with whichever one I'm not running, we have to find a good spot to go to. I'll review the Baja for RCU as well, so that means a video! Review video will only be of the Baja of course, but I'll also try to find the chance to get a nice long bashing vid with the FG Monster Hummer and the Baja running together. Only mod I got so far is the Mielke side pipe. Where do you guys get clear bodies for the Baja?

Baja pics later, but there hardly seems any point, it's totally stock, so it looks exactly like the one on hpiracing.com, and every other RTR. Still it's very cool. I never used to like them, but in the last couple of months they've really grown on me, and now I like the look of 'em. I think I chose well picking up these two cars, should be great fun. Only nitro I now have left is my ickle 1/10th nitro racer, the Xray NT1. All the others (6 models) have gone. [&o] Never mind, time for rooster tails! [>:]
Old 10-16-2007, 11:18 AM
tmdz28

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: So, um....yeh, I got a Baja 5B as well today...lol

yeah, i know, that baja look keeps growing on me.[&o]

Luckily, the wife plans to buy me a baja SS this christmas, so we can bash the baja and the FG ST together. Also, i have two savages that we can bash together as well hahaha.

Getting her into racing at tracks should be tricky LOL
Old 10-16-2007, 11:19 AM
Foxy

My gf won't drive anything that isn't pink. That's why I was asking about clear baja bodies.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:35 PM
tmdz28

hahaha, pink huh? that would make you look like daisy duke when you go to tracks with pink bajas.

But yeah, i am not sure how my wife can handle my savage and baja. I prefer her to play with baja rather than FG since baja handles better.

she never touch RC ever in her life and she already wants to try the baja. She refuse to bash with a savage when i bash with a FG, hence another reason to buy for a baja. She said "you play savage, i play savage, you play FG, i play baja" LOL
Old 10-16-2007, 04:00 PM
Dave ESPI

FOxy, I'll have an SS sometime after the new year also
Old 10-16-2007, 04:44 PM
tmdz28

a SS as in Baja 5b SS?
Old 10-17-2007, 02:55 PM
Foxy

So, Baja 5b tips then guys... I know I need to strip and fill the diff, what diff oils are people running? I'll also do the non-bend shock shaft mod (little bit of fuel tubing on the shock shaft INSIDE the shock), it reduces the travel a tad, but better that than bent shafts, so while I'll have the shocks apart, what's widely recognised to be the best weight of silicone to put in them. 20 in the box seems incredibly light to me...

Anything else I need to look out for?
Old 10-17-2007, 03:55 PM
csp1971

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I put in 10000 weight when I filled my diff.

As for the shocks, I haven't taken mine apart yet. I've not heard of that mod to the shocks. I think I'll try that out this winter!
Old 10-17-2007, 09:46 PM
hathi
Banned

The shocks on the baja do not take silicone diff fluid. They use fork oil. I've been running 20wt bellray fork oil without any problems. Other then the odd bent shaft. Good news here with the SS coming out in around a month that the SS shocks will be availbe, at a cheaper price then any thing else out there.
For the diff, I like 5000wt oil. This is all dependent on what terrain you run on. The plastic diff housing has know to warp on some people, I've had good luck for many and many gallons. Also good news here is that with the SS there will soon be a aluminum diff case to solve this problem as well, again at fractions of the cost of any other competing product.

I cant wait for my SS, will keep the rtr as a backup!
Old 10-18-2007, 07:01 PM
tmdz28

Yeah, i had the mistake of buying savage x RTR, then i found out that the SS includes all the important upgrades.

With the baja SS, i am sure it will be awesome, considering they released the RTR version, let people play it, then get feedback for all the bugs, then get rid of them.