Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

74 MPH FG Baja (Miami Street)

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 08:33 AM
Miami Jato

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 74 MPH FG Baja (Miami Street)

well, I finally finished my newest street racer, finally, something different on here, naturally the car was built for top-speed only, it will never see dirt. I personally never seen any FG move like this. Enjoy the videos. Let me know what you think.......[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg1no74akuo[/link] Details to come later - Watch all 4 videos
Old 01-30-2008, 09:03 AM
joish

Default RE: 74 MPH FG Baja (Miami Street)

wow...nice..thats pretty fast like, well done =)
Old 01-30-2008, 09:06 AM
Osirisf16

Nice project man, cool speed
Old 01-30-2008, 09:10 AM
Lunar Wolf
Banned

Wow thats fast, shame you guys used those cheap radar guns and did it free hand like that - the results won't be anywhere near accurate. Try it again with a GPS, timed distance run or atleast tripod mount the radar guns.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:11 AM
Osirisf16

And 50 MPH going, for me for that scale, is pretty fast
Old 01-30-2008, 09:26 AM
tizdaz

lokks very nice, but it dont look no where near 74mph :s... jus me that thinks this :s ? id say more around the 50mph mark.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:36 AM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dam bro all u needed was a little more room, u just left my 5th scale a few MPH behind...........
Old 01-30-2008, 09:41 AM
Miami Jato

I knew there was someone already opening his mouth, believe me, compressing video slows the pic, ,genius...........
Old 01-30-2008, 09:42 AM
Lunar Wolf
Banned

dosn't make hand held speed guns any more accurate though.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:43 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

rctruckz... I feel I should let you know that anyone who has ever said these guys' claims are 'dubious' has ended up getting proved wrong sooner or later. They have a long history, this bunch, of making fuel cars (up to now, mostly nitros of various scales) go very fast indeed. There's an 81mph 1/8th nitro buggy and a 100mph nitro RS4 2 in their stables. They're not in the business of messing around with this stuff, they take it pretty seriously. I have no doubt that car was running close to the 70mph mark, videos in open areas like that, in the dark, and low frame rate too, never do the car justice.

Don't doubt people, this is what these guys do.

Well done again to the Miami crew, get us some daylight footage though... we can't see a thing! [&:]
Old 01-30-2008, 10:01 AM
MiamizFinest

ORIGINAL: foxy42

rctruckz... I feel I should let you know that anyone who has ever said these guys' claims are 'dubious' has ended up getting proved wrong sooner or later. They have a long history, this bunch, of making fuel cars (up to now, mostly nitros of various scales) go very fast indeed. There's an 81mph 1/8th nitro buggy and a 100mph nitro RS4 2 in their stables. They're not in the business of messing around with this stuff, they take it pretty seriously. I have no doubt that car was running close to the 70mph mark, videos in open areas like that, in the dark, and low frame rate too, never do the car justice.

Don't doubt people, this is what these guys do.

Well done again to the Miami crew, get us some daylight footage though... we can't see a thing! [&:]

The sun is hell for the most part where very knockternal, i missed the filming of that baja but i did run with it the other day against mine 5th scale and it was pulling away from mine so far i got my onroad stuck at 63 MPH but there is still room for play for me

also id like to add that MIAMI JATOS, baja even tho its geared for top end speed it still pull out of the hole very very nicely, jsut the other day we where raceing he drag raced a stock 4tec from a dead stop and the 4tec never caught up i just thought id share that little peice of information for the douters
Old 01-30-2008, 10:07 AM
tizdaz

i just find it hard to believe looking at that vid, im in no doubt that a hopped up FG hand do that.. but that vid is poor quality so it dont look like its doing that, they do all the hard work doing it then use a poor quality vid! :/

give us a better quality vid!!

I had a 1/10 XTR3e which from stock hit speeds of 65mph+ \o/ ..some i seen vids of hit 80mph+ so i know its 100% possible

Old 01-30-2008, 10:40 AM
airworks

LMAO, Nice
Old 01-30-2008, 03:04 PM
revopqrs

good stuff man!! the vid was dark, but did ya hear that weed wacker wind out? lol.. it sounded fantastic![X(]

keep it up man.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:59 PM
Slammed

Great vids but we need new ones in sunlight
Old 01-30-2008, 05:13 PM
Dave ESPI

OK, I'll say it since people are chicken sheeet...

not 70.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:33 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't make me go and dig up all the other threads that have been posted by these guys (in various different forums) where all the doubters had to eat large portions of crow, I really can't be arsed. [condescending voice]Dave, you're making a mistake.[/condescending voice].

Why do you think his buddy's username is 'Got to 100 now die hating', hm? Compressed videos at night is not the best way to show the car and they know it. The vid is only for the radar.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:36 PM
revopqrs

i know the miami guys too... they arent kidding! they have no dirt to run in so all they do is go fast. i dont doubt the claims, if ya dont know these guys then your just being a tool.... a 1/5 scale doin 70 doesnt look as fast as 1/10 doin it. its bigger!!!
Old 01-30-2008, 06:32 PM
Dave ESPI

The Bushnell Velocity is a multi-functional speed gun for all kinds of sports enthusiasts. Clock tennis serve speeds, baseball pitches, downhill skiers, cars (up to 200 mph) with incredible accuracy.

Note: For Tennis applications the best results are achieved when the Velocity is located behind the player serving. For baseball applications the best results are achieved when the Velocity is located behind the pitcher or directly behind the catcher.

............... a precision instrument and is calibrated for use between 32 - 104 degrees F (0-40 C). "Cosine effect" does effect the accuracy of speed gun depending upon the angle you measure the target object. Since rain, snow and other precipitation can effect the accuracy of K Band radar, the Velocity is not waterproof and should not be used in inclement weather.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:48 PM
hndaman1
My Feedback: (6)

I would also like too see this done with a GPS on top the car
Old 01-30-2008, 06:50 PM
badz
My Feedback: (1)

Neat video's....looks fast to me I don't doubt the speed at all like foxy42 said video doesn't show the true thing...video was just for the radar and some proof. Just look at rc turbine plane videos sometime, I've seen them doing 250mph+ in person but they appear to be doing 40-50 in a video
Old 01-30-2008, 07:32 PM
cyclops1970
My Feedback: (5)

imagine putting monster diameter tire on it that would even increase your top end ..
your insane ! need daylight vid's ..
good job !
Old 01-30-2008, 08:11 PM
MiamizFinest

ORIGINAL: Dave ESPI The Bushnell Velocity is a multi-functional speed gun for all kinds of sports enthusiasts. Clock tennis serve speeds, baseball pitches, downhill skiers, cars (up to 200 mph) with incredible accuracy. Note: For Tennis applications the best results are achieved when the Velocity is located behind the player serving. For baseball applications the best results are achieved when the Velocity is located behind the pitcher or directly behind the catcher. ............... a precision instrument and is calibrated for use between 32 - 104 degrees F (0-40 C). "Cosine effect" does effect the accuracy of speed gun depending upon the angle you measure the target object. Since rain, snow and other precipitation can effect the accuracy of K Band radar, the Velocity is not waterproof and should not be used in inclement weather.

what as the point of this post ? its wasn't snowing or raining in the video it was a crystal clear night and last night the temps dropped to about 65 degrees? perfect conditions don't hate man

I talked to miami jato on the phone a little bitt ago there is still some more vid to come plus soon very soon ill have my own video too
Old 01-30-2008, 08:32 PM
BuzzBomber
My Feedback: (4)

Dave, you are aware that the "cosine effect" you mentioned results in a lower measured speed than the actual speed, right?

Anyway, nice job with the drag baja, Miami crew!!!
Old 01-30-2008, 11:06 PM
Miami Jato

thanks for all your support guys, It always seems slower when it goes through the internet, thats why I purposely have the radar guns there to capture the speed. I almost feel like selling all my nitros, LOL...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.