Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

batt & charger ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 11:26 PM
nothinbetr2do

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default batt & charger ?

hi guys, i just have a quick ? for ya. this is for my hpi baja, if it matters. i have this batt http://cgi.ebay.com/Intellect-IB-380...QQcmdZViewItem can i use my stock wall charger to charge it http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDWY2&P=V or do i need a different charger? if it will work, how long should it take to charge that batt? thanks alot
Old 03-04-2008, 03:33 AM
Lunar Wolf
Banned

Default RE: batt & charger ?

Ya that'll be fine, it'll take 14hrs to fully charge from empty but being HiMH you can top charge it, just keep an eye on the pack's temp, if it gets too warm take it off. You can also keep an eye on its volatage with a multimeter, when it reaches 7.2-7.25v i normally stop.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:35 AM
nothinbetr2do

ok thanks, i was just worried about charging it with that charger. because the batt is nimh and the charger is nicd. so i didn't know if the 2 would work together. i don't won't to mess up a brand new batt because of the wrong charger.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:15 PM
Lunar Wolf
Banned

Charging frequency for NiMH adn NiCD is the same so a simple charger that does NiCD's should be fine for NiMH as long as you time it and keep an eye on things. The problem occurs with slightly more upmarket NiCD chargers that switch to trickle charge onces charging is complete, this can kill a NiMH.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:51 PM
nothinbetr2do

ok great, thanks again for the help