Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

I think I want a MCD Baja 1000.

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 08:13 PM
clubin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think I want a MCD Baja 1000.

I have a FG MB and I think I want to get a MCD Baja.

Is there anything I should know before I buy?

Is it possible to convert the Baja 1000 into the MT?

What are the differences between the EVO II and EVO III?
Old 03-05-2008, 10:17 PM
SilverSteel

Default RE: I think I want a MCD Baja 1000.

Go get one!

No big problems on the mcd's take the mcd steel gears for the second gearing and you are safe to go.

No problem to convert the Baja1000 into the MT. You need MT tires, the body, and the lexan side guards, that's it

MCD offers now the MT as a "wide" version, so now you can get the MT with the EVO II chassis
If you convert a Baja1000 EVO II or III into the MT make sure you take the MT tires for the wide version

EVO III has now, i think it is called, "hinge pins" for the lower wishbones, and a new and even stronger diff interior, no more angled ground plate in the front, and a plastic front bumper

Greetings
SilverSteel
Old 03-05-2008, 11:17 PM
PBJT

You are thinking exactly like I was earlier. I decided I like everything about my FG MT but the 2wd. So rather than start again with a MCD and replace the FG platform I am going to add 4wd to the FG. My problem was no local MCD dealer and no first hand local report on how the MCD holds up. Be sure to let us know how the work.

PBJT
Old 03-06-2008, 07:57 AM
clubin

ORIGINAL: PBJT

You are thinking exactly like I was earlier. I decided I like everything about my FG MT but the 2wd. So rather than start again with a MCD and replace the FG platform I am going to add 4wd to the FG. My problem was no local MCD dealer and no first hand local report on how the MCD holds up. Be sure to let us know how the work.

PBJT
No FG dealer or MCD dealers in Manitoba, everything is mail order, not a real big deal though.

Thanks for the reply's
Old 03-06-2008, 11:19 AM
DarkSoul Racing

I have both a brand new MCD Baja 1000 and a Race Runner, both are Evo IIIs, and though I have little driving time on either (non on the Race Runner yet), I really like how they handle, 4wd rules , They are pretty well made, there is some room for improvement IMO, an aluminum or CF servo tray and front brace, and an aluminum motor plate/gear holder, other than those items, there is some really innovative stuff in there, helical cut bevel gears, solid drive shaft 4wd, dual servo steering (might even be overkill), and as was mentioned, they have switched to hinge pins on th lower arms instead of continuing with rose joints.

largescalerc . com is the US importer and is suppose to have a batch of Evo III's in any time. Here are few pics of the Race Runner in construction-

Old 03-06-2008, 08:46 PM
clubin

Thanks, sounds like it will be a different kinda fun than the FG. I am looking forward to getting one, what do I tell my wife?
Old 03-06-2008, 08:59 PM
DarkSoul Racing

ORIGINAL: clubin

Thanks, sounds like it will be a different kinda fun than the FG. I am looking forward to getting one, what do I tell my wife?

Ask her, what would you rather me be doing, playing with RC cars or snortin blow of a hookers ass
Old 03-06-2008, 10:07 PM
clubin

ORIGINAL: DarkSoul Racing

ORIGINAL: clubin

Ask her, what would you rather me be doing, playing with RC cars or snortin blow of a hookers ass
LOL. Never done that, sounds interesting, now you got me thinking. Just kidding. I don't think she'll understand-hookers-ass-snortin-blow, you crack me up.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:54 PM
DarkSoul Racing

See, thats my point, so she should have no problems with you getting another RC, its much cheaper, and less risky than the hooker, blow option.
Old 03-07-2008, 08:25 PM
Rcgasserman

These MCD'S are really nice. Pricey but nice.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:03 PM
DarkSoul Racing

They are a little more expensive than say a Baja, but you look at how much most dump into their Baja, and then take into account that the MCDs are 4wd, and its not really all that bad.

I really like mine, and will be putting some more time on it this weekend.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:41 PM
clubin

ORIGINAL: DarkSoul Racing

They are a little more expensive than say a Baja, but you look at how much most dump into their Baja, and then take into account that the MCDs are 4wd, and its not really all that bad.

I really like mine, and will be putting some more time on it this weekend.
Let me know what it's like and more pictures would be good, thanks DS.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:45 PM
DarkSoul Racing

Will do, I am gonna go pick up a new servo in the morning (too impatient to wait for the ones I ordered to come in), and i should have it running right quick. Ill get some video as well.