Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

King Motors Baja Review with pictures

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

King Motors Baja Review with pictures

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 11:01 PM
bbuzzard
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: King Motors Baja Review with pictures

ORIGINAL: blackyz250

I talking about actualracing with the HPI Baja 5B/T group. Correct me if I'm wrong!
Well, which HPI Baja group are you trying to race with? Unless they have some type of HPI CSI staff that inspects the entries, i doubt they could identify a KM that has been modded as much as a typical HPI racer...

Old 12-27-2009, 11:27 PM
bbuzzard

ORIGINAL: niko64

i dont see the gain of 4wd with a buggy with no front weight.more drivetrain loss with no advantage.if the front wheels dont touch,no traction.why bother.my buggy with paddles will climb just about anything!
Well check this out to see what 4WD is all about...
http://s843.photobucket.com/albums/z...RunDec2709.flv

I will get video tomorrow of my Baja running the same hill for comparison.

Old 12-27-2009, 11:28 PM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I talking about actual racing with the HPI Baja 5B/T group. Correct me if I'm wrong!

ORIGINAL: srt10

The only problem I see with KM is that if you want to get into the racing side of 5th scale you need an HPI product from what I have seen.

Says who?
no one I know
Give it a rest!
no one here is complaining, and most can not tell after all the mods some do to their buggies, they could pass for an HPI
buy a HPI black wing
Old 12-27-2009, 11:38 PM
bbuzzard

Give it a rest!
no one here is complaining, and most can not tell after all the mods some do to their buggies, they could pass for an HPI
buy a HPI black wing
I agree...2010 should be a interesting year for us, though... LOL!!

Old 12-28-2009, 01:28 AM
BigGrump

Racing with the KM included with HPI's will occur when non partisan tracks start having a Baja 1/5 scale class. Right now, what you are all hearing is the HPI only at tracks and events either owned or put on by manufactures of aftermarket parts for the baja's. They obviously believe it is better business to profess to only want to do business with HPI owners. As the market shakes out, this will all change.

This whole HPI only idea is actually a fad and clickish more like high school sophmore stuff.

If the HPI baja market starts to taper off, the aftermarket manufactures of parts will better change their tune and thankfully supply the KM and others market, or they will eventuially be squeezed out of business.

So, in my opinion, if you want to go racing, just look for a track with the 1/5 class and you will be welcome and just stay away from the private sponsored events.

Dennis
Old 12-28-2009, 01:46 AM
blackyz250

I read it on another forum some where....

ORIGINAL: bbuzzard

I talking about actualracing with the HPI Baja 5B/T group. Correct me if I'm wrong!
Well, which HPI Baja group are you trying to race with? Unless they have some type of HPI CSI staff that inspects the entries, i doubt they could identify a KM that has been modded as much as a typical HPI racer...

Old 12-28-2009, 01:51 AM
blackyz250

I wasn't complaining! Just stating something I read that's all................

The only problem I see with KM is that if you want to get into the racing side of 5th scale you need an HPI product from what I have seen.

Says who?
no one I know
Give it a rest!
buy a HPI black wing
Old 12-28-2009, 02:03 AM
blackyz250

Dennis, that makes sence thank for the clear up!

ORIGINAL: BigGrump

Racing with the KM included with HPI's will occur when non partisan tracks start having a Baja 1/5 scale class. Right now, what you are all hearing is the HPI only at tracks and events either owned or put on by manufactures of aftermarket parts for the baja's. They obviously believe it is better business to profess to only want to do business with HPI owners. As the market shakes out, this will all change.

This whole HPI only idea is actually a fad and clickish more like high school sophmore stuff.

If the HPI baja market starts to taper off, the aftermarket manufactures of parts will better change their tune and thankfully supply the KM and others market, or they will eventuially be squeezed out of business.

So, in my opinion, if you want to go racing, just look for a track with the 1/5 class and you will be welcome and just stay away from the private sponsored events.

Dennis
Old 12-28-2009, 07:17 PM
niko64

okay buzzard wanna see the baja runnin with some good tires,wanna see the difference.get that vid goin.my truck with trenchers kicks butt !buggy with paddles hauls! i know the 4wd thing,maybe me, but idont know if you need it on these.prove mewrong and youre gonna cost me money,cant afford another toy!! !
Old 12-28-2009, 09:19 PM
Johnnysplits

I see that LargescaleRC is having a 5th scale power jam at their place in Monon, IN. June 4-6 2010...and it's not brand specific. Now if I can only get my baja finished by then. What do you call it when your entirebaja is made up of aftermarket parts? Not hpi or km LOL maybe nobody will let me race it
Old 12-28-2009, 09:50 PM
KeithjV

Niko I wanna see your trucks
Old 12-28-2009, 10:13 PM
niko64

no problem keith waitin for a steering servo for the truck,told you before we'll hook up.you gotta crack open that wallet brutha.hopefully this weekend,let you know.hope it dries up a little bit.if your free.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:16 PM
KeithjV

lol.. I know I know. I have a LOT of 1/8th stuff..
Supposed be getting another major snow storm this weekend.....[]
Old 12-28-2009, 10:27 PM
niko64

i guess we'll see what mother nature brings,hopefully not two feet again.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:30 PM
KeithjV

How are those paddles in the snow?
Old 12-28-2009, 11:51 PM
blackyz250

I was looking for a link cause I'm in.Just purchasea Rovan baja for around $380. Will post vids soon!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu59716.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	1344070   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql34030.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	1344071   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ty66716.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	1344072   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zs51318.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	1344073   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bn76873.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	1344074  
Old 12-29-2009, 01:58 AM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

Dennis
I agree Dennis..
has anyone gone over to the HPI forum?
kind of a bunch of middle school crap.. I've read through several threads and to me it sounds like a bunch of kiss ups [:-]
Old 12-29-2009, 03:04 PM
osnitro

Dennis
I agree Dennis..
has anyone gone over to the HPI forum?
kind of a bunch of middle school crap.. I've read through several threads and to me it sounds like a bunch of kiss ups [:-]
srt10,

Funny you say that I had the same opinion about that forum!

Old 12-29-2009, 03:42 PM
KeithjV

Is that the Rovan on the right? Hows the quality? Where did you get it?

I was looking for a link cause I'm in.Just purchasea Rovan baja for around $380. Will post vids soon!
Old 12-29-2009, 08:01 PM
niko64

have not been in the snow with buggy or truck.if we had an inch or a couple i would have took the buggy out,not two feet.waitin for a steering servo for the truck.on the buggy there is no comparison paddles to dirt tires in soft anything!waitin for paddles for the truck,cant believe nobody makes em.in the meantime the trencher tires are a big plus on the truck,really aggressive and deep,almost like paddles.keith get the truck already.,you can pay for it because you will sell all your nitros!
Old 12-29-2009, 08:14 PM
bbuzzard

Well, my GP290 didn't fair well today...I crashed hard (new DS bumper worked like a champ!) and flipped...engine quit and is impossible to pull-start. I only was getting 47mph prior to the crash but the engine was warmed up on this chilly day (34 degrees F)...didn't see any exterior damage...will post more once I get it removed...thank goodness, I have two motors on the shelf that are good to go!
Old 12-29-2009, 08:19 PM
big daddy k

buzz where did you get the rovan from i found a place called buy rc direct from china
Old 12-29-2009, 08:32 PM
niko64

did the engine die on impact?otherwise they all will run upside down untill you get to it.whatchu hit?
Old 12-29-2009, 08:33 PM
bbuzzard

ORIGINAL: big daddy k

buzz where did you get the rovan from i found a place called buy rc direct from china
I got my KM from Heathobby...not Rovan

Old 12-29-2009, 08:35 PM
bbuzzard

ORIGINAL: niko64

did the engine die on impact?otherwise they all will run upside down untill you get to it.whatchu hit?
died on impact on a curb...I have flipped it before and it ran yesterday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.