Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

King Motors Baja Review with pictures

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

King Motors Baja Review with pictures

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 07:09 PM
vjetsw1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: King Motors Baja Review with pictures

Hi Todd400, I just bought the same buggy and it's a blast, I did put DDM pipe on( king motor version) check with Dan if you want the up grade,I also bought the aluminum version parts from Dan, I am going to wait on putting all that on, the only thing that I broke was the pull start, lucky me I had the crome one waiting to be put on, I picked it up off of ebay, I also bought the cover for the pull start, These guy on here are great, They give good advice.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:54 PM
Todd4OO

Sounds good, So everyone has been using 5b parts no problem ? I have been waiting a while to get one of these and am ready Just gotta sneak this by the wife lol, I sold some older stuff and down to my XXL and couple CRT.5's and few micros so I am due
Old 02-14-2010, 10:20 PM
magnum500

ORIGINAL: Todd4OO

Sounds good, So everyone has been using 5b parts no problem ? I have been waiting a while to get one of these and am ready Just gotta sneak this by the wife lol, I sold some older stuff and down to my XXL and couple CRT.5's and few micros so I am due
i can agree to the ddm pipe , watch some video`s of a buggy with that pipe . it will blow your mind on how much it will bring a whole other level of performance to the buggy . it seems to be well worth the extra $$ .
Old 02-15-2010, 12:54 AM
willclark77
My Feedback: (2)

Yes, 98% of the 5b parts fit perfect.  The few exceptions have been listed.  What I can remember off the top of my head, and these may have changed as the km has been updated, is rear diff bevel gears, steering servo mount must be modded to use aftermarket servos, servo horn is splined different, and the km has a two piece engine case instead of three; none of which are anything to be concerned about.

And +1 on the pipe.  That and an 8k clutch transforms them from "cool, it's fun" to "holy crap, it's alive!"  Mine is nothin special but look at my youtube vids to see how it perks up. 
Old 02-15-2010, 05:58 PM
vjetsw1

I bought the outerwear for the pull start and the air filter off of ebay.....The outerwear for the air filter , Can I run with that on? What outerwear should I buy? 
Old 02-15-2010, 06:01 PM
magnum500

ORIGINAL: vjetsw1

I bought the outerwear for the pull start and the air filter off of ebay.....The outerwear for the air filter , Can I run with that on? What outerwear should I buy?
oh yeah . i`d actually recomend that espeacially if you run in a sady type enviroment
Old 02-15-2010, 08:49 PM
niko64

yeah v the pullstart outerwear is a must,you will still have to blow it out every so often if you run in the dirt.thats all i run in,it does help.i also would like to use my outerwears on my air filter.my problem isi got the elastic end and then got the tie end.i have the angled filter too.either one i go to put on it always pulls the outer filter back defeating the purpose.whats the trick?
Old 02-15-2010, 09:42 PM
vjetsw1

Thanks for the reply nik, I order the outerwear and I wonder about the air filter, I run in the dirt and grass also and I always blow my baja off,.. it picks it all up,, what a mess I make lol..so far so good,  soon I will have a track in my back yard and I am sure the grass will be shreaded...no more front yard fun lol
Old 02-18-2010, 05:33 AM
klm4488

Dan is Awesome! Ordered on a Wednesday and arrived the next Wednesday. Charged it, filled it, primed it, pulled twice and it fired. Street tires are great and has quite a bit of power. Easiest rc out of the box I have ever had. Hit a curb once or twice sliding to a stop from full speed and nothing broke. It's effin huge and I love it!
Old 02-18-2010, 08:42 PM
Dirt_hawg

I bought the outerwear for the pull start and the air filter off of ebay.....The outerwear for the air filter , Can I run with that on? What outerwear should I buy?
Here is my HPI Baja..These mods will apply to the T1000 as well...This helps out alot..Get a outerwears pre-filter for the pull-start cover, use metal window screen and clear silicone and you will be good on the engine...Deffinitely check the diff for fluid.I bought my HPI last week and It only had enough to wet the gears..This will apply to the T1000 as well..Heres some pics..
As you can see from the pics, not too much dissassembly...[sm=shades_smile.gif]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99222.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	1382021   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qm36072.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	1382022   Click image for larger version

Name:	By76229.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	1382023  
Old 02-21-2010, 10:26 AM
gtc70

It is great to see a HPI owner to help out in a KM thread [sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 02-21-2010, 11:46 AM
93octane
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: gtc70

+1 to that!!
Old 02-21-2010, 12:40 PM
cakbomb
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks dirt hawg! nice mods! Hey, they had a couple baja 5bs on horsepower tv on spike tv yesterday. Did anyone see that? They were drag racing and one guy was using a stock baja 5bss and the other had an ss with the 29cc race ported top end with rear ddm pipe. There was a huge difference in the power! it was pretty sweet. The modified one was pulling wheelies
Old 02-21-2010, 06:46 PM
magnum500

ORIGINAL: Dirt_hawg

Here is my HPI Baja..These mods will apply to the T1000 as well...This helps out alot..Get a outerwears pre-filter for the pull-start cover, use metal window screen and clear silicone and you will be good on the engine...Deffinitely check the diff for fluid.I bought my HPI last week and It only had enough to wet the gears..This will apply to the T1000 as well..Heres some pics..
As you can see from the pics, not too much dissassembly...[sm=shades_smile.gif]
i was thinking of the window screen idea , nice to see it will work . and save $$$$$
Old 02-21-2010, 07:17 PM
niko64

yeah i was comin on to post the hosepower tv thing.it was pretty cool to see them do that.the stroked motor did run much better but was tuned better too.it made me go out and put my new hitec 755 steering servo in my t1000.but not that happy with it,kinda weak.oh well.also too on extreme 4x4 they did a rc rockcrawler show.has anyone driven over a nitro lately?
Old 02-21-2010, 07:25 PM
Dirt_hawg

ORIGINAL: gtc70

I really dont see too many differences in the t1000 compaired to the HPI other than the engine and electrics..Mind you, I've never owned a T1000,but I know the CY(HPI) engine is a clone of a Zenoah and the T1000 engine is a clone of the CY..So the T1000 engine is a clone of a clone but seems like it holds up well...Im not one of those people that look down on people trying to save a buck...I almost Got a KM...Luck just struck and I wanted the HPI...
Im just here to help...Not to argue about who's c0(k is bigger than yours....

I do recommend the HPI, but I WILL NOT LOOK DOWN ON SOMEONE THAT IS TRYING TO SAVE A BUCK!

I will help anyone out in any way I can...Its part of the fun.....If you love this hobby, do what you can afford..There is people all around the world that would love to do what we do..
Dont take anything for granted...Look at it that way..
Cheers,
Mike
Old 02-21-2010, 07:37 PM
niko64

i like your outlook dirt hawg,very positve.it helps everbody.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:47 PM
93octane

Me too, and thats why were here to try and help eachother
Old 02-21-2010, 08:32 PM
vjetsw1

I'm glad I ran a cross this sight, Thanks for all help , my clone lol is awsome, I did side swipe the dog house and the body is toast, do I really need a body? Do you think its just for looks? It seemed like I didn't pick up as much of my back yard with the body off, any comments? thanks
Old 02-21-2010, 08:46 PM
93octane

I'm glad I ran a cross this sight, Thanks for all help , my clone lol is awsome, I did side swipe the dog house and the body is toast, do I really need a body? Do you think its just for looks? It seemed like I didn't pick up as much of my back yard with the body off, any comments? thanks
Well......no you dont really NEED the body, but it does clean up the looks, and does keep junk out!!
Old 02-21-2010, 09:03 PM
niko64

better the dog house than the dog.my rottie is actually a lillte takin by my trucks.its kinda fun to harass him with them.he doesnt run away from much.one day he'll realize it and probably go after one and piss me off.but for now its fun to watch him jump around.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:28 PM
vjetsw1

My dog will run if its headed his way but he wants to check my buggy out, I get a laugh every time. I will order a body soon, I just order the crome medal roll cage before this and that was 57 bucks, I will get it right again , nothing else broke, I did get my outerware on, and that helps,
Old 02-21-2010, 09:42 PM
magnum500

My dog will run if its headed his way but he wants to check my buggy out, I get a laugh every time. I will order a body soon, I just order the crome medal roll cage before this and that was 57 bucks, I will get it right again , nothing else broke, I did get my outerware on, and that helps,
my weim. loves to bite the tires , when he can get close enough . i ran over the slash , its no nitro but it has to count for a point . the cherry tree has to count for atleast 2 . i`ll try for some more video tomorrow .
Old 02-21-2010, 09:50 PM
niko64

i replaced my buggy body with the hpi clear one,and obviously painted it,black.but i think the proline body would have been a better choice,you get more lower protection.your not gonna scoop dirt as much.thats my thought anyway.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:19 PM
niko64

alright i'll give you three points,weineramers,i know i'm not spelling it right are cool dogs.i was actually thinking of a slash brushless for a new toy.never to replace my gas cars !!!!! gonna put my nitros on craigs list and i figured one electric truck would replace them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.