Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

King Motors Baja Review with pictures

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

King Motors Baja Review with pictures

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 07:29 AM
DarkFire989

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: King Motors Baja Review with pictures

Yeah but the shipping from UAE would be INSANE
Old 03-24-2011, 10:54 AM
alvinm

Didn't notice that.. United Arab Emirates[X(]

Old 03-24-2011, 08:22 PM
vjetsw1

I live close to Shreveport Louisiana, I have a rebuilt km 1000 I want to race, any takers?
Old 03-24-2011, 08:32 PM
vjetsw1

just kidding about a race, but i  do own a nice baja and its like no own else does, well the kids love it and the dogs hate it lol
Old 03-25-2011, 06:25 AM
devo208

we will race u http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnLhNLP6gGs
Old 03-27-2011, 08:36 AM
vjetsw1

My gas lines broke right at the grommet on the gas tank, the gas line looks rotten, the gas line looks to be about the same size as the fish tank air line, is that safe to use? and the tank filter came off, Which line on the carb does it hook to, top or bottom ? I know the line with the filter goes through the grommet, but how far does the second gas line or return line stick in,,,Thanks

Old 04-04-2011, 02:30 PM
lordraptor1
My Feedback: (4)

i own an hpi baja 5bss and i am actually highly disappointed with it. i can count my run time in half tanks of fuel . i have only been able to run it 4 times since i bought it in december and no more than a half tank at a time before something breaks, i have spent an exta 2700.00 on top of teh purchase price fixing poor quality parts and i am being told i am the exception by the hpi haters.

to each their own but my experience with the HPI is DONT DO IT, save some bucks and get a clone. on a side note it might be advantageous for me to state that i have yet to get a wot run, jump it, or do anything more than take it back and foruth in a wide open football field and currently my HPI baja is down again needing another chunk of change to replace my clutch (of course i wont put a stocker back on it and instead am opting for something aftermarket of true good quality).

anyways, i have a friend with a kmt1000 and he loves his and i think he bought it from dan as a matter of fact.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:44 AM
alvinm

I think there are issues with both the clone and HPI versions. I just noticed I had a broken rear sway bar on my T1000. Luckily I haven't had any major problems.

Have you been dealing with HPI's customer service, which I hear is pretty good?
Old 04-05-2011, 08:04 AM
vjetsw1

my problems are solved,that was my original gas line and there still was old fuel in the tank, i didn't think it would rot my fuel line but it did, all fixed now, i got the gas lines off of ebay,I run the km 1000 and beside the fuel line and I had to replace one of my rear tires , no other problem
Old 04-05-2011, 08:52 AM
alvinm

Rear tire ripped? I bought Proline Trenchers and those things look very durable (and heavy!).
Old 04-05-2011, 09:08 AM
traxxrc1

i need one 23cc buggy by USPS shipping to India, can anyone tell where can i buy one.
Problem is that custom officers will create hassles on getting it imported via EMS/DHL so i need it by USPS.
Only 23cc 
Old 04-11-2011, 08:01 AM
traxxrc1

Got one for $360 , shipping extra .

Ran 12 tanks through it
Old 04-24-2011, 12:28 PM
Grubergieger

Well I have read the majority of this thread and now i have one question. where do i get one? Heat hobbies doesnt have any listed on ebay and im a little skeched out by some of the websites I've been too , as they just dont seem to legit. Im looking for the 29cc version but it doesnt need to be all aluminum like i have seen some sites advertising.

any help would be appreciated
Old 04-24-2011, 02:23 PM
bbuzzard
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check with danlc4..he's also a member on this forum.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:50 PM
RAMTech-HBF-LSF

I wonder what happened to Heat Hobbies?
Old 04-28-2011, 07:40 AM
alvinm

ORIGINAL: RAMTech-HBF-LSF

I wonder what happened to Heat Hobbies?
Did they go somewhere? I spoke to them a few weeks back inquiring when they were getting more KM's. The told in about a month.
Old 06-05-2011, 04:55 AM
debay
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: da mad maori

why not thrash a cheap one

Ryan
THATS MY THINKING EXACTLY. THE SAME PARTS ON A CLONE ARE GOING TO BREAK ON A NAME BRAND. ALBEIT, THEY MAY BREAK SOONER, SO IF I BUY A $1000.00 TRUCK, BREAK IT REPEATEDLY OVER- SAY A YEAR- AND HAVE TO REPLACE PARTS ON IT TO A TOTAL OF ..I DONT KNOW $350.00, IM OUT $1350.00. OR, SPEND $500.00 THEN $350.00 IN (ENTER NAME BRAND)PARTS NOWI HAVE A TRUCK THATS MOSTLY NAME BRAND AND IS STILL LESS THAN THE ORIGINAL. UNLESS THIS THING IS A TOTAL COMPLETE PIECE OF CRAP WITH ZERO COMPATABILITY TO NAME BRAND PARTS, IDE SAY ITS A BETTER DEAL. BUT THATS MY OWN HUMBLE OPINION.

Old 06-06-2011, 11:07 AM
devo208

has anybody seen Danlc4 of king motors Ny, Dan if your out there i need a clutch bell from one of your 29cc baja's the one with the nut on the outside, send me a invoice at [email protected] http://youtu.be/xnrU1EqmNsE
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63544.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	1619789   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id95789.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	1619790  
Old 06-06-2011, 06:24 PM
DanLC4
My Feedback: (9)

Sorry I haven't been on this forum in a while... a little busy. So email me at "[email protected]" and tell me exactly what you need.

Dan
Old 06-06-2011, 06:28 PM
DanLC4
My Feedback: (9)

So the new stock is in. I have limited quantity so get them while they last.

These are the options. Note: They all have the heavy duty upper plates... a must for stength. Not available from other sellers.

$539 for the 23cc baja buggy
$739 for the 30.5cc baja buggy with two speed installed
$1059 for the Ultimate Aluminum 3.0 Edition
$1059 for the T1000ss, this is basically the Aluminum 3.0 that is a truck with a bug body on it.

It's amazing, every order, you get so much more for your money.

Email me if you have questions. All of these are listed here on RCU under the Cars and Trucks ads.

Dan
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	jg14022.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	657.7 KB
ID:	1619965   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22471.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	653.0 KB
ID:	1619966   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc92658.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	647.2 KB
ID:	1619967   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bg93310.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	640.2 KB
ID:	1619968  
Old 07-14-2011, 05:04 AM
torana8669

hi i'm looking into buying a baja with loads of hop ups from   http://www.rccarsfactory.com/index.asp   has anyone brought a car from them before?
also i'm trying to decide on weather to buy a buggy or truck i will mainly be using it at the bmx track near my house jumping and bashing around and wanted to hear what you would recormend a truck or buggy
Old 07-14-2011, 09:07 AM
magnum500

ORIGINAL: torana8669

hi i'm looking into buying a baja with loads of hop ups from http://www.rccarsfactory.com/index.asp has anyone brought a car from them before?
also i'm trying to decide on weather to buy a buggy or truck i will mainly be using it at the bmx track near my house jumping and bashing around and wanted to hear what you would recormend a truck or buggy
in my opinion i like the truck more , i think it looks better , but if your bashing get the buggy for only one reason ... the boddies are pricey to replace on the trucks
Old 07-15-2011, 05:29 AM
Baja Junkie

If I was starting over, I would start with the truck, because if you get sick of it and want a change, it is cheaper to convert a truck to buggy rather than the other way around.

If you are in Australia have a look at the Rovan from Predatator RC or the HobbyKing 1/5 baja which is a Rovan anyway, both can be got cheap, and with out huge shipping costs.

I got an all alloy KM and the alloy arms and shock towers bend and stay bent, rather than plastic which flex then normally spring back.

I wouldn't pay extra for all the alloy upgrades, start off with a cheaper version of which ever brand you decide, and replace parts as they break with upgrade parts (RPM, Turtle Racing and the like) normally you will end up with more money left in your pocket.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:06 AM
CbBoatWorks

Has anyone got there hands on the new KM 3.0 30.5cc with all silver alloy? if so please post comments and pictures along with where they bought it. Thanks
Old 09-06-2011, 07:08 PM
eyeopenher

i would just like to say i bought my rovan baja 5b off of dan and he was amazing.. answered all my questions within an hour or 2. was very honest about the product and directed me towards what was best for me... i know i bought a rovan and not a km, but i would have to say i am beyond pleased wit it.... i did all the much needed prerun things and add all the (no matter what brand you buy) neccessities... total dissassembled the baja when i got it. loctited everything as i put it back together, rebuilt shocks, added shock covers, and killer rc cable limiters, killer rc kill switch, hpi rims and hd yellow bead locks, redneck prefilter, outwears on filter, bottom end, and pull start cover, hpi pull starter (cause stock pull starter sprung on first pull) ffrc front and back window set, ffrc servo braces, aluminum intake, aluminum front shock tower, rebuilt diff and added 5000 diff oil and missing 3rd bearing,venom 5000mah battery, swimman throttle linkage, proline desert rat body and undertray, pen spring diy mod on brakes, water proofed servos, walboro carb, hi flow tygon fuel lines, ddm fuel clunk, aluminum servo arms, rpm front bumper, hpi 5t carrier handle/spark plug protector, quick disconnect diy cage mod, msd spark plug wire, reset magneto gap, ngk spark plug, darksould wheel extensions wit thee-clip to screw modand rear one modded also... hig low speed needle clamps, most importantly i put on the turtle racing clutch system and i think that is it so far... all before she was even started...i have run 5 tanks through it wit yamalube oil to brake it in and just did my first tank wit som MC-1 oil now. (always used it in my dirtbikes so i am comfortable using it and the local shop only really sells it)..i think that is it for what i have done. but i have not broken a single part and i rip it around on my beach pretty hard. she tries to pull the wheels off the ground and besides fouling one plug i have not had a single problem... buyin the rovan was the best thing i could have done... this buggy rips. and everyone who passes stops to check it out... i will post pictures soon, but just wanted to say thank you dan. you rock... and i would and will buy a clone again... stock servos still going strong. i just set the endpoints at 99 and no problems. this thing makes me smile every time i start her up and makes me cheese like a little kid when i am running her... it came wit the dom pipe so she sounds so freaking good and ripps even better... i sold 2 nitro trucks to get this baja and have not a single regret.... sorry for such a lengthy post, but man i love this thing.. i hope you all enjoyed your labor day and like i stated earlier, i will be posting some pictures soon... peace.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.