Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Smartech Onroad?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 05:55 PM
ferrarimk13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smartech Onroad?

hey guys, for some reason, ive been really interested in 1/5, even though i have another project going on, but can someone tell me where i can buy the smartech onroad? http://smartechracing.com/English/ProductShow.asp?id=98 It looks decent to me, and has hydraulic disc brakes, which is most important to me. If anything, i would eventually get it, just for the awesome sound these guys make, and the realism of them. thanks.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:35 PM
Vette09

Default RE: Smartech Onroad?

Mike, we're racing these things in Ronkonkome LI. I know it's a hike for you, but if you're interested in these things it would benefit you to come out and watch. We have a solid 8-10 guys every Sundy (weather permitting) and it keeps growing. Here is a link to a car that one of my friends is selling. He bought one for himself and his son to share last year, then bought one for his son for x-mas and another for spare parts soon after. This largescale rc stuff is so addicting that he just bought an EVO 4.6, so the car he bought as a spare is up for sale. The price is very fair and him and his son are very knowledgeable about the cars and can give you all the set-up tips you need. http://lihobbyinfo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=285
Just to be honest about the car, anything you get for that price is going to need a few things to get it to run well. The only thing this car needs is tires. The tires it comes with are junk. They should be thrown out as soon as the car is taken out of the box. Anyone who has tried to run the car with those tires has done damage to the car because they lost traction and hit something. Anyway, it's the same car in your link and it's brand new, never been run. Great deal. Good luck.
Old 04-18-2008, 07:43 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Personally I'm really looking forward to the Smartech 4wd on-road. It will be great to have a 4wd car on the market that is cheaper than the way over priced MCDs, but better quality than the bizarrely dimensioned FS cars. I think it'll be a while before release, but as a nitro on road racer, I'm really looking forward to trying a 4wd gas touring car.
Old 04-18-2008, 06:49 PM
ferrarimk13

ORIGINAL: Vette09

Mike, we're racing these things in Ronkonkome LI. I know it's a hike for you, but if you're interested in these things it would benefit you to come out and watch. We have a solid 8-10 guys every Sundy (weather permitting) and it keeps growing. Here is a link to a car that one of my friends is selling. He bought one for himself and his son to share last year, then bought one for his son for x-mas and another for spare parts soon after. This largescale rc stuff is so addicting that he just bought an EVO 4.6, so the car he bought as a spare is up for sale. The price is very fair and him and his son are very knowledgeable about the cars and can give you all the set-up tips you need. http://lihobbyinfo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=285
Just to be honest about the car, anything you get for that price is going to need a few things to get it to run well. The only thing this car needs is tires. The tires it comes with are junk. They should be thrown out as soon as the car is taken out of the box. Anyone who has tried to run the car with those tires has done damage to the car because they lost traction and hit something. Anyway, it's the same car in your link and it's brand new, never been run. Great deal. Good luck.
thanks a lot! i heard of it before, but i never got to get out there. Now that the weather is turning nicer, i might take a visit, because 1/5 racing to me is awesome. It looks like a nice car to have, and gas is super low maintenance starting wise right? anything is better than nitro i guess. Ill see what i can do, but thanks a lot for the info!

Foxy, i think its time for you to get a 1/5 onroad as well i find them a lot more realistic than those FG stadium trucks
Old 04-20-2008, 05:45 PM
FGmyzer

ORIGINAL: ferrarimk13

hey guys, for some reason, ive been really interested in 1/5, even though i have another project going on, but can someone tell me where i can buy the smartech onroad? http://smartechracing.com/English/ProductShow.asp?id=98 It looks decent to me, and has hydraulic disc brakes, which is most important to me. If anything, i would eventually get it, just for the awesome sound these guys make, and the realism of them. thanks.
The carson is the same car, both come with cable brakes no hydro