Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

New mcd cy motor tuning trouble(gas tank)!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

New mcd cy motor tuning trouble(gas tank)!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 07:09 AM
dgav407

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New mcd cy motor tuning trouble(gas tank)!

chipracer, thanks for your comments. When I first started racing my (pre Evo spec) Race Runner early last I was one of a very few owners doing so. I recall we all initially had similar problems with cooling and breakages.....

Since purchasing the Race Runner (converted to a Baja 1000 Evo 2 Comp) I have not used my Harm Bx1 - I am having too much fun with the MCD cars I own. Although the Harm Bx1 is lighter to be honest it will probably post slower lap times despite having a higher top speed. The Race Runner/Baja 1000 will not only out brake the Bx1 but it is possible to carry more speed in and out of the turns/corners.

I don't think that the more expensive all-alloy Bx1 would have taken the abuse that my Baja 1000 has received in the last month.

Good luck with your new buggy.

Clive

Old 05-28-2008, 07:50 PM
pep37412000

Chipracer which racerunner is that is it the evo 2 or an older version I was tol that the stadium tires would not fit on the evo 2 racerunner which is the one that I have
Old 05-28-2008, 08:37 PM
Gas jocky

The Fg stadium wheels won't fit the evo 3 versions because of shorter drive cup spindles that don't reach through the thicker fg wheels. Don't know about the evo 2 though
Old 05-29-2008, 10:32 PM
chipracer

I have the latest version RR, the evo three. The FG wheels will not bolt right on. The axles are to short to reach through the thicker FG wheels, so I had to mill the FG centers down to 9mm, the same thickness as the original RR buggy wheels. I really liked the looks and the added stability, so I made them work.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:41 AM
pep37412000

how did you do it i would like to make my stadium truck wheels fit also
Old 05-30-2008, 06:07 AM
chipracer

You will need to remove all but 9mm of material from the outside of the wheel center. Do this from the outside so your wheel still rests tightly against the hub on the original factory surface when installed. You will have less chance of creating a wobble doing it this way. I have a milling machine so all I had to do was set the wheel on the table with the outside facing up and with an end mill, remove the extra thickness. I have heard of somone doing this with a dremmil tool fitted with a small end mill but you would have to be a little more careful.